Full Scholarship(USA and UK)

Barich

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 09:35 am
Hi again.I graduated from highscool this year and I am about to take the SAT and TOEFL.But it seems that the application deadline has already passed for the colleges in USA that start class around September 2013.So,is there any university or college in USA or UK that could possibly grant scholarship after I finish my first year engineering in my country and admit(enroll) me directly as a second year student for the class that starts in September 2014 in USA/UK?Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,364 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 02:26 pm
@Barich,
Yes. All of them.

It's called being a transfer student and, if you're credits are accepted by a school, and you fulfill their requirements for a scholarship, then you can be admitted and get a scholarship.

Now, there are 50 states, there's DC, there are even possessions like Guam and Puerto Rico.

They all have colleges and universities.

You will need to narrow down your search considerably from "colleges in America" to something more manageable, such as "colleges with a good reputation for your program" or "affordable colleges" or "colleges with a lot of scholarships available" or "colleges in large cities" or whatever.

For ratings of colleges, try the US News and World Report.
Barich

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 01:20 am
@jespah,
Thank you for your advice.What I am trying to say is after I finish my 1st year in college in Ethiopia,if I get a scholarship,can any college in USA admit(enroll) me as a second year college student in USA?
jespah

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 04:50 am
@Barich,
You need to apply and be admitted. As for whether a school will accept your grades from your first year of college, that is something you will have to check with, regarding the particular college. Standards differ.

I realize you are asking generically and are really just hoping for an answer as to whether Ethiopian credits will transfer. But, like I said, universities have differing requirements and may not all accept your credits, even in part.

The good news is, you only have to go to one school.

So, I repeat, you need to become considerably more focused on where you want to go to college, either in the US or the UK, and then concentrate on the acceptance policy of the ten (or twenty, or three, or whatever) schools where you most wish to go to school.
Barich

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 06:18 am
@jespah,
Alright,thank you.I appriciate the help.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 07:57 am
Please read this as it has answers some answers to your question

http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/study_in_the_us.html

as zou will see - most colleges/universities do not have scholarships for foreign students, but there are other means to get help.
0 Replies