Have you ever questioned other peoples beliefs?

Setanta

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 02:17 am
@reasoning logic,
Were you drunk and stoned when you wrote that?
Herald

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 12:06 pm
@Setanta,
BTW your avatar is very misleading. You should put there either some rattlesnake or varan de komodo, but I am afraid that even these will not be able to represent to full extend the retard and ungrounded bellicosity that we are observing.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 01:48 pm
@Setanta,
I had a few drinks last night but no weed in many years.

I must say that it was my brother who was the witness if that helps explains how that statement could be true.

I woke up this morning thinking I should not have wrote that but oh well. Drunk
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 03:05 pm
@Herald,
Your English is not improving.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 05:16 pm
@igm,
Quote:
Maybe this would help I posted it earlier...

Thank you igm.

Do you think that this could possibly be our biggest bias of all?

Herald

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 02:21 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
... could it possibly be our biggest bias?

No, definitely not.
It is not so scary that we are going to die. Everything in nature dies eventually, sooner or later ... and revives for a new life?
The worst case scenario is to extinct as species ... without leaving a trace in the universe.
The text in Encyclopaedia Universica to read something like that: Homo sapiens - deficiency-minded species, didn't succeed to sirvive even 1% of the time of the dinosaurs - the greatest feebleminded species ever inhabited any planet in any system and for any age; ∞ didn't succeed to overcome even the energy barrier of the CO2 ... not to say that ∞ failed to understand what it is all about.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 05:45 pm
@reasoning logic,
Reasoning Logic asked- What do you think about John Loftus's idea?-"The outsider test for faith"
You must test your own religion's claims by the same standards that you apply to other religions
If your religion's claims and text fair no better, then your religion is just as false as theirs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, Christianity is fronted by a guy who said "I'm not from this world, you have no idea where I came from or where I'm going", and proceeded to bend the laws of physics to perform "miracles" that not even David Blaine can do.
He also said "I'm the Son of God and I only say and do what he tells me to say and do".
So I'd say having the son of God himself in it kinda gives Christianity a little bit of an edge..Wink
vikorr

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 10:00 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Not at all. Other than the Bible, there is no record of Jesus performing miracles. His miracles may have been made up by people with an agenda...and that statement simply can't be disproved.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 01:45 pm
Vikorr said- "His [Jesus's] miracles may have been made up by people with an agenda"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you explain that "agenda" for us (if you can) and we'll take it from there..Wink
Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 02:06 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Clearly someone who has guzzled the kool aid.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 10:03 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Why should we explain a possibility ? Or why should you not consider it ? Possibilities don't bite or do they ?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 10:28 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Possibilities can and should be considered, they should be investigated, they aim at an explanation, but possibilities don't need per se any explaining other then that they in fact are actual possibilities. A valid hypothesis is self explained.

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 02:09 pm
I ask again, why should anybody want to "invent" Jesus and Christianity? What was in it for them?
rosborne979

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 06:31 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
I ask again, why should anybody want to "invent" Jesus and Christianity? What was in it for them?

Command and control.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 08:45 pm
@rosborne979,
Romeo plaintively asked- "why should anybody want to "invent" Jesus and Christianity? What was in it for them?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rosborne explained- "Command and control"

Not sure I understand mate, how does that tie in with this verse?-
"Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing.. not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:2-3)

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 02:57 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Romeo plaintively asked- "why should anybody want to "invent" Jesus and Christianity? What was in it for them?"
Rosborne explained- "Command and control"

Not sure I understand mate, how does that tie in with this verse?-
"Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing.. not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:2-3)

People who try to command and contol other people...often use the tactic of trying to fake 'em out.

They tell them..."The last thing in the world I want to do is to command or control you."

Maybe that one of the reasons for that verse...which is a verse in a minority, by the way. The god of the Bible certainly does plenty of commanding...so apparently it is not always in a faking out mode.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 07:13 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Not sure I understand mate, how does that tie in with this verse?-"Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing.. not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:2-3)

It doesn't. But since when have Christians ever followed their own Rules:
Mattew 6 wrote:
“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 02:25 pm
@rosborne979,
Rosborne said- "since when have Christians ever followed their own Rules"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are true christians and there are phoney "christians", but the phonies can't get under JC's radar-
Jesus said:-"Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, GET AWAY FROM ME" (Matt 7:21-23)

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 02:50 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Rosborne said- "since when have Christians ever followed their own Rules"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are true christians and there are phoney "christians", but the phonies can't get under JC's radar-
Jesus said:-"Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, GET AWAY FROM ME" (Matt 7:21-23)

Legitimate question for you, Romeo:

Are you actually saying that the only "true Christians"...are the ones who think about Jesus and the teaching of Jesus as you do?

Somehow, that reminds me of Sarah Palin talking about "real Americans."
rosborne979

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 02:51 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
What makes you think there is or ever was a JC to watch the radar?
0 Replies