Have you ever questioned other peoples beliefs?

neologist

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 03:32 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:
. . . . But since when have Christians ever followed their own Rules: . ..
Some do
rosborne979

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 04:38 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

rosborne979 wrote:
. . . . But since when have Christians ever followed their own Rules: . ..
Some do

I've heard rumors that some like that do exist Smile
neologist

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 05:25 pm
@rosborne979,
Did I ever tell you I hiked almost the whole state of New Hampshire back before the years had numbers?
rosborne979

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 06:16 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
Did I ever tell you I hiked almost the whole state of New Hampshire back before the years had numbers?

I don't think you mentioned it before. What season did you try it in? In the springtime you get eaten by blackflies, then in summer it's mosquitos followed by deerflies. Early October is the best time to hike in my opinion.

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 06:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank said- "Legitimate question for you, Romeo:
Are you actually saying that the only "true Christians"...are the ones who think about Jesus and the teaching of Jesus as you do?
Somehow, that reminds me of Sarah Palin talking about "real Americans."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The definition of "true Christian" is hard to define, for example I'm regularly banned from fundy "christian" forums because they obviously don't think i'm a true christian and i find messages like this when I try to log in-
"Your account has been disabled, please do not make any attempt to participate further in any of our Communities"
Likewise, I don't think they're true christians because their heads are up their arses so which of us is right, me or them?..Wink

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/way-madmaxRomeo_zps01ae368c.gif~original
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 06:57 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank said- "People who try to command and contol other people...often use the tactic of trying to fake 'em out. They tell them..."The last thing in the world I want to do is to command or control you."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some herd-instinct wimps LIKE to be controlled, that's why the Big Organised religions (and smaller sects) have thrived over the centuries because the wimps like to let them do their thinking for 'em, but it won't do them a bit of good if they're all going up the spout .
Jesus said:-"You have ONE teacher, ME" (Matt 23:10)
And people quickly cottoned on-"There is NO OTHER NAME under heaven that can save us" (Acts 4:12)
"There is ONE mediator between God and men,- the man Jesus Christ" (1 Tim 2:5)
"Let us fix our eyes on JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith" (Heb 12:2)

As for Jesus himself, he was no control-freak, he washed his disciples feet to underline it, and said- "You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends"- (John 15:15)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jesus-friends.gif

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 07:00 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
The definition of "true Christian" is hard to define, for example I'm regularly banned from fundy "christian" forums because they obviously don't think i'm a true christian and i find messages like this when I try to log in-
"Your account has been disabled, please do not make any attempt to participate further in any of our Communities"

Welcome to realty, If you do not think the same way as me you are not a true Christian or Islamic or what other belief that you may think that is similar as mine. Shocked
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 07:05 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
ome herd-instinct wimps LIKE to be controlled, that's why the Big Organised religions (and smaller sects) have thrived over the centuries because the wimps like to let them do their thinking for 'em, but it won't do them a bit of good if they're all going up the spout .

Let me guess, You think you are to far too intellectual to fall for the sociological currents?

Quote:
As for Jesus himself, he was no control-freak, he washed his disciples feet to underline it, and said- "You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends"- (John 15:15)

Do not get me wrong because I love many of the teaching of Jesus but what did he say about those who did not want him to rule over them?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 07:06 pm
@reasoning logic,
Reasoning Logic said- "Welcome to realty, If you do not think the same way as me you are not a true Christian or Islamic or what other belief that you may think that is similar as mine."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's only ONE Truth, so all we can do is hook up our horses to whatever wagon we think is the Truth Wagon and keep our fingers crossed that we've made the right choice..Smile
Jesus said- "Work out YOUR OWN salvation" (Philip 2:12 KJV)

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 07:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
Reasoning Logic queried- "Do not get me wrong because I love many of the teaching of Jesus but what did he say about those who did not want him to rule over them?"

Do you have any specific verses in mind that we can examine in context?
"Rule" is a very emotive word and I prefer to think of Jesus as someone who we'd be happy to have as our Gang Leader, taking our cues from him.
Likewise John Travolta led the T-birds in Grease because everybody liked him and wanted to be in his gang, and no way did they regard him as a "ruler"..Smile
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 07:13 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
There's only ONE Truth, so all we can do is hook up our horses to whatever wagon we think is the Truth Wagon and keep our fingers crossed that we've made the right choice..Smile

Oh I see. So if I think that this truth wagon could be led by Muhammad and if so I should just cross my fingers and go for the ride?
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 07:15 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
"Rule" is a very emotive word and I prefer to think of Jesus as someone who we'd be happy to have as our Gang Leader

Are you suggesting that you realize that religions are gangs?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 07:16 pm
@reasoning logic,
Reasoning Logic said- "Oh I see. So if I think that this truth wagon is led by Muhammad I should just cross my fingers and go for the ride?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow Muhammad or Tinkerbell or Mary Poppins if you like mate, you've got free will to do just as you please..Smile
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 07:23 pm
@reasoning logic,
Reasoning Logic asked- "Are you suggesting that you realize that religions are gangs?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Depends how you'd define "gangs" mate, other suitable words could be "groups", "tribes", "clans" or whatever.
Certainly, Jesus was a tough cookie and no doubt the snooty priests regarded him as a nasty gang leader -

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/JvFunds.jpg
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 12:06 am
@rosborne979,
Ahh, I remember flying things. You're right. The changing of the colors marks the overall best time for hiking. I spent one summer and early fall trying to complete the AMC 4000' circuit. I was in the best shape of my life then.
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 09:29 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
I love many of the teaching of Jesus but what did he say about those who did not want him to rule over them?"

It doesn't matter ... what he has said. For those who wonder ... and don't accept something, or somebody, it doesn't matter what he is saying, or thinking, or telling about them.
He has said actually almost nothing about those who haven't wanted to comply with his ten commandments ... and attitude to the world.
Is is a matter of personal choice. Nobody can tell you what personal choices one has to make.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 01:19 am
Quote:
Herald wrote: Romeo said "I love many of the teaching of Jesus but what did he say about those who did not want him to rule over them?"

No, I didn't say that, Reasoning Logic did!
As I've mentioned before, Jesus wants PALS, he's not interested in "ruling" over anybody..Smile
Jesus said "You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends"- (John 15:15)

"The woman said- "When the Messiah comes, he'll explain everything to us."
Jesus answered- "I'm him. You're speaking to him now" (John 4:26)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jes-leonA.gif

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jes-hug.gif
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 04:19 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Herald wrote: Romeo said "I love many of the teaching of Jesus but what did he say about those who did not want him to rule over them?"

No, I didn't say that, Reasoning Logic did!
As I've mentioned before, Jesus wants PALS, he's not interested in "ruling" over anybody..Smile
Jesus said "You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends"- (John 15:15)

"The woman said- "When the Messiah comes, he'll explain everything to us."
Jesus answered- "I'm him. You're speaking to him now" (John 4:26)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jes-leonA.gif

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jes-hug.gif

If Jesus spoke English, I am sure he would have known to phrase it "I am he" rather than mistakenly "I am him" like some of his followers might do.
neologist

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 09:56 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
If Jesus spoke English, I am sure he would have known to phrase it "I am he" rather than mistakenly "I am him" like some of his followers might do.
Romeo re translates. Get used t it.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 05:34 am
@neologist,
Speaking of translations, the JW's translate and interpret the Bible to mean:-
Christmas, Easter, Birthdays may not be celebrated.
Crosses are banned from JW houses, meeting halls and around necks.
JW members must die instead of having a life-saving transfusion.

You couldn't make it up..Smile