Painting and wallpaper

Cjm326

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 08:28 pm
I've got a wall that has wallpaper that has been painting over several times. Now, the wallpaper is bubbling. Problem is, I can't remove the wallpaper myself and I don't have the funds to pay someone to remove it. So what other options do I have? I've heard textured wall paper, textured painting and faux painting. Which if any will make the bubbles a bit less noticeable? which is the easiest? And which would be the least and most expensive option? Open to other suggestions. Thanks!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,438 • Replies: 6
Topic Closed
No top replies

boomerang

Tue 6 Aug, 2013 08:35 pm
@Cjm326,
Ugh. That's a mess.

I think I'd try slitting through the bubbles with an xacto knife and injecting glue under the paper, then rolling it down flat.

Then using spackle to fill in problem areas.

Then sanding.

Then paint.

And then hang pictures. Lots of pictures.
laughoutlood

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 07:04 am
@Cjm326,
Ask joeblow for a full inspection and ask him, "I'm forever blowing bubbles do you think they are pretty?"

0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 10:13 am
@Cjm326,
Why can't you do it yourself? Are you physically unable?

I've stripped two rooms with layers of paint and wallpaper, one when I was sixteen and another when I was sixty. Rather boring to do, but possible.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 11:09 am
How about panel? or white beadboard? Painting over wallpaper is not good - unless it was that really thick , textured kind meant to be painted over. I have one room with that wallcover - it has been painted several times. I pity the fool who has to take that down.
Cjm326

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 01:46 pm
@boomerang,
Thanks! Looking into it
0 Replies

Cjm326

Wed 7 Aug, 2013 01:47 pm
@PUNKEY,
That's a good idea! Looking it up now. Thanks
0 Replies