IT Tests

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 05:49 am
Hi all,
I must take IT tests next Tuesday. If I pass the test, the school will hire me.I do not have IT working experience,although my network grades were quite good previously.Can someone roughly explain how the network of a small childcare center or a Kindergarten works?For example do they use one IP address or many IP addresses normally?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,225 • Replies: 9
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by Loh Jane
DrewDad
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 08:11 am
@Loh Jane,
Typically, a small environment like this would only use one public IP address.

They should have a firewall/router connected to the Internet, and the internal network behind it will use an RFC1918 private address range. (10.0.0.0, 172.16.0.0, 192.168.0.0)

Each connected device will still require an IP address in the private range, but all traffic to the Internet will be network address translated (NAT'd).
Loh Jane

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 08:33 am
@DrewDad,
Thanks,I typed the NAT commands on Cisco software at school before.I wish I could know what network problems the school would test me. Where should I type the NAT commands in real life?
DrewDad

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 08:38 am
@Loh Jane,
It depends on the brand of equipment. Some use command lines, some use web interfaces.
Loh Jane

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 08:41 am
@DrewDad,
When I did network practical on Cisco software, I just had to double click the routers and typed the commands.
0 Replies

Loh Jane

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 08:44 am
@DrewDad,
Can I have a few pieces of test advice?For example how I should prepare for it.Should I revise my school practical notes?
Loh Jane

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 08:47 am
@DrewDad,
Yes,you are right.My router is web interface.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 09:09 am
@Loh Jane,
Loh Jane wrote:

Can I have a few pieces of test advice?For example how I should prepare for it.Should I revise my school practical notes?

Do you know what product you will be tested on?
Loh Jane

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 09:13 am
@DrewDad,
I forgot to ask them in the morning,I don't know and I am thinking of asking them now.
0 Replies

Loh Jane

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 09:54 am
@DrewDad,
I saw their photos online. They are using Cannon printers and Cannon projectors to teach kids.
0 Replies