With Six You Get Eggroll

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 12:24 pm
Today's the day for my making up a sort of big batch of baked eggrolls. Easy enough with grocery store eggroll wrappers, she avers (it's been a while since I've made them).

It'll be one of those refrigerator cleanout recipes - chopped curly lettuce, chopped cabbage, jarred sweet red pepper patted dry, deli ham also chopped, garlic, pickled ginger, garlic dill peperoncini, maybe some of the pickled zucchini via zuni cafe recipe, alas I've no more marinated mushrooms, do have some canned bamboo shoots (I'm collecting the cans as they don't have curved bottoms, so I can make crumpets, long story), some chopped water chestnuts.

Wish me luck - I'm more impatient as I age. I tend to get mentally weary when making ravioli, empanadas, pot stickers, eggrolls, even lettuce rolls, and want to run away from the kitchen, but then I'd have to expose stuff to the housefly of the day. But, but, I love all of those foods.

Here's the recipe I'm riffing on:

http://userealbutter.com/2013/05/19/baked-egg-rolls-recipe/

No, no butter with the eggrolls, that's the general blog name.

So, do you bake in the height of summer heat?

My kitchen isn't all that hot right now, 82F; haven't put on the swamp cooler yet - but I'm odd, I bake summer or winter.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,105 • Replies: 0
No top replies