Problems with Birth Control...

Tue 23 Jul, 2013 11:54 pm
I've been on the same birth control for a little more than 6 months now, and I have never had an issue until now. I haven't gotten a period for about four months now, and yesterday, I started spotting and had what felt like menstrual cramps, which came in waves. I had the cramps today, as well, and a little spotting. I'm not on the brown pills either, which cause your period, so I shouldn't be getting my period at all. I still have a week left before those start. Lately I also haven't been able to eat as much, haven't been able to eat more than two meals a day and sometimes the thought of food makes me sick. I've also been getting headaches. I have, I admit, not always been on time with my birth control, sometimes I skip a day by accident but this has never happened. I took a pregnancy test yesterday to be sure, and it came back negative but I read that sometimes these aren't accurate when its more than five days away from you period. Any ideas of what this could be? Please help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,554 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

PUNKEY

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 08:23 am
You need to talk with your Dr.

Perhaps your dose is too strong. Not having periods is a sign that something is wrong. Perhaps you are going to have a heavy period this month and that's what you are feeling.

When I was on bc pills, the "brown pills" in the pack were iron supplement and didn't "cause" the period to happen; they were just a filler in the cycle.

I doubt if you have to worry about being pregnant. Try to relax.
0 Replies

Patty111

Mon 9 Sep, 2013 11:03 pm
@SavannahSmith,
Go talk to you your doctor and get a blood test for the hcg hormone ( the pregnancy hormone) I stopped having my period for about 7 months on a low hormone bc that I was taking when I finally realized something wasn't right I ended up being 4 months pregnant and not realizing it until I was so far along because not having a period became the norm for me! The sooner you find out the better!!!
0 Replies

nelsonfranklin

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 12:07 am
Vasectomy is safe and painless solution ever by the way.
0 Replies