Bottom of Document

gollum

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 04:38 pm
If pressing Ctrl-End brings the curser to the right end of the line you are on, how do you get to the bottom of the page?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,391 • Replies: 10
No top replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 05:00 pm
@gollum,
Scroll down...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 05:02 pm
@gollum,
Don't know if it still works in these newer versions of Word, but I used to be able to press Ctrl-Page Down to get to the bottom of a page.

Here, found this for Word 7. You might want to print it out and keep it by your computer for future reference. I'm going to do the same for mine.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/navigate-a-word-2007-document-with-keyboard-keys.html
gollum

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 05:38 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanks.

But I find both End and Ctrl-End take me to the end of the line that the curser was already on.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 07:50 pm
@gollum,
I guess you didn't look at the content at the link I posted.

gollum

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 07:54 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet-
Thank you.

I believe I did. I read:

Ctrl+End To the end of the document
Ctrl+Home To the tippy-top of a document

However, it is not working for me.

I thank you anyway.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 07:59 pm
@gollum,
Which version of Word are you using?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 08:03 pm
This is from the Help screen of my Word 2007. If it isn't working for you, it is something local on your PC. You might check the customization settings for Word and see if the navigation shortcuts have somehow been disabled.

Quote:
Viewing and navigating documents
To see where many Word 2003 commands are located in the new Microsoft Office Fluent user interface, you can use the Interactive: Word 2003 to Word 2007 command reference guide. The guide is a visual, interactive tool that helps you quickly learn where commands are in Office Word 2007
To turn off Full Screen Reading view and return to Print Layout view, press ESC.
To prevent Full Screen Reading view from opening automatically, in Full Screen Reading view, click View Options, and then click Don't Open Attachments in Full Screen.
To move to the previous or next word, press CTRL+LEFT ARROW or CTRL+RIGHT ARROW.
To go to the beginning or end of a document, press CTRL+HOME or CTRL+END.
To view a document's organization and jump to different sections, on the View tab, in the Show/Hide group, click Document Map.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 08:13 pm
@Butrflynet,
If you are using Word 2007, here's what you can do to customize the settings for just one document or for all documents as the default.

Click the Office icon in the upper left corner of the Word screen,
Click the Word Options link at the bottom of the pop up window.
Click on the Customize link in the left hand column.
In the left column, select "Commands Not in Ribbon"
Scroll down to where it says "End of Document" and select it
In the right column, select what you want to customize, just one document or all documents (default).
Click the Add Button in between the two columns
Click Ok.

You will now find a new End of Document icon in the Quick Access Toolbar located above the Home Tab.
gollum

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 04:45 pm
@Butrflynet,
The problem that I wrote about occurred on my home PC. I do not know which version of Microsoft Word it uses nor how to find out.

Today I tried it on my office computer. The curser jumps to the top and bottom of the file perfectly. My office PC uses Microsoft Office Word 2007.
gollum

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 09:34 am
@gollum,
My home PC uses Microsoft Office Word 2003.

I guess there is another way to get to the bottom of the file in 2003.
0 Replies