The Tsarnaev trial

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 01:55 am
Is there a thread yet on the trial of the adolescent accused on the Boston Marathon outrage? If not, this is it. You'll find basic overage on the first day of trial here.

The Los Angeles Times has an interesting sidebar on the support Djokhar is getting from a bevy of very confused supporters.

Feel free to add your two cents.

Linkat

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 11:15 am
@Lustig Andrei,
"In fact, as any evolutionary psychologist can tell you, women, like other female primates, crave dominant "alpha" males who demonstrate the strength to protect them and pass on survival traits to their children. "

This is a load of crap. These are stupid dumb young girls (not women because women are not so stupid). Humans have the ability to think and reason this is why the above comment is crap. Yes, perhaps in evolution you need an alpha male to survive, but no longer. Many women are now head of households.

Traveling from WA state to support a mass terrorist murderer - one that even stated he did these things? What an idiot - her parents must be very proud of her.

At least that is my 2 cents.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 01:33 pm
@Linkat,
Thank you for your 2 Cents , Linkat. Good to know that at least one person finds this trial of interest. I was begining to think nobody cared about the outcome of one of the most infamous terrorist attacks of recent years.
BillRM

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 04:55 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
as begining to think nobody cared about the outcome of one of the most infamous terrorist attacks of recent years.

The outcome is a foregone conclusion given what we all know about the case and the sentencing also.

First we will have a trial and then we have the hanging many many years later.

Please wake me up for the hanging in the year 2033 or so.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 04:59 pm
I am following along. Just don't have anything worth adding at this point.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 05:09 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Nidal Malik Hasan trial is just starting over his murders in 2009 and was delay over his right to wear a bead of all things.

Very little in the news over it.

Quote:

Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, the Army psychiatrist accused of killing 13 in a Fort Hood shooting rampage in 2009, could get yet another trial delay. The judge will rule Tuesday on his request for more time to prepare his case.
Maj. Hasan recently won the right to represent himself. Opening statements in his trial are set to start on July 1. But that date — already reflective of several delays because of his refusal to cut his facial hair and because of various other attorney filings — could be moved back once again.
He’s asked for three more months to prepare a new defense strategy and interview new witnesses, Reuters reported. And though the judge, Col. Tara Osborn, has been battling to get the court-martial back on schedule, court analysts think Maj. Hasan will win his request for a delay.
“If I were a betting man, I would say maybe a delay of a week,” said one former Army prosecutor in the Reuters report. “This will eliminate the risk that, on appeal, some appellate court will say you should have granted a delay.”
Maj. Hasan is a U.S.-born Muslim who, according to various reports, shouted, “Alluha Akbar,” during the November 2009 shootings that also left 32 wounded at the Texas base.
by Taboola
From the Web

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/18/fort-hood-shooting-suspect-nidal-hasan-could-win-a/#ixzz2YmW6qILi
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 05:10 pm
@BillRM,
Some of the testimony might be interesting. How does one defend someone accused of so horrendous an action? In view of all the physical evidence, "I didn't do it," doesn't seem likely to cut it.

I also find the existence, even, of his teeny-bopper fan club fascinating and disturbing.
BillRM

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 05:14 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
Some of the testimony might be interesting. How does one defend someone accused of so horrendous an action? In view of all the physical evidence, "I didn't do it," doesn't seem likely to cut it.

I, a minor, was brainwash by my older brother perhaps.

The younger of the two Washington DC snipers avoided the death sentence by going that route.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 06:10 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I started to reply to this thread earlier today, but your presupposition that any defense is misguided left me cold. He has something to say. It behooves us to listen. What he has said so far is:

Quote:
"The U.S. Government is killing our innocent civilians," "I can't stand to see such evil go unpunished," and "We Muslims are one body, you hurt one you hurt us all."

I don't defend his action. Nor do I defend the ones that he's reacting to.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 06:17 pm
@JPB,
Good to have your input, JPB.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 06:24 pm
@JPB,
Quote:
Nor do I defend the ones that he's reacting to.

Always nice to know we have a few of these people around other then JTT that would compare our actions in the world to the random killings of people at a sporting event with a good chance of blowing up Muslims runners as well as non-Muslims.

Or does not Muslims take part in the Boston Marathon?
BillRM

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 06:46 pm
@JPB,

Here is one of those Muslim runners that could had have her legs blown off by the bombs of the two brothers or her life ended.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 07:02 pm
@BillRM,
Read your bible, bill. Start with David and Goliath. Again, I have no interest in defending (or comparing) the actions of a pair of rebels against a superpower. I only hope that we listen to what he has to say before we execute him.
BillRM

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 07:07 pm
@JPB,
Quote:
I only hope that we listen to what he has to say before we execute him.

Sorry his and his brothers actions does not entitle him to any kind of a hearing concerning his excuses for randomly killing his fellow citizens.

Without regards to the age, sex or religions of his victims.
JPB

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 07:20 pm
@BillRM,
BULL ****. He's an American citizen which precisely entitles him to his day in court and an opportunity to the hearings therein.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 07:31 pm
@BillRM,
Why is Mr. Zimmerman getting a trial? why does any American get a trial?
BillRM

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 07:32 pm
@JPB,
Quote:
BULL ****. He's an American citizen which precisely entitles him to his day in court and an opportunity to the hearings therein.

Sorry he is entitle to a hearing and a trial over his guilt or innocent of the charges of killing three runners and crippling hundreds of others he is not entitle to a hearing of his reasons/excuses for those killings and cripplings.

I care no more then what kind of hate Ted Bundy have toward women that he killed.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 07:35 pm
@ehBeth,
Zimmerman is facing a political trial as it was extra legal pressures put on the government that cause them to charge him for the "crime" of self defense but I do not see how that relate to this thread.

Unless you are trying to claims that the Boston bombers actions can be legally or morally justify.

ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 07:42 pm
@BillRM,
Mr. Zimmerman killed someone.

Why does he get a trial?

Why was he not put to death immediately?
BillRM

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 07:59 pm
@ehBeth,
Are you not been reading what I been saying?

Where did I say the asshole is not entitle to a trial on his guilty or innocent and all the many many years of appeals for that matter?

However I am not a bit interests in his excuses for those killings and I question if the courts will allow him or his lawyers to bring up his 'rights of holy war'.

Zimmerman is claiming the legal right of self defense however there is no legal rights to do mass random murders under our legal code.