Seeking information on a substance sprayed on my building.

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 08:55 pm
Help:

I am seeking some information.....The building that I live in is a two story, cinder block , built during the war in the forties.

I bought the building in 1970...There was a business rep who came to me stating that represented a company from Califorina that had a new product to protect all types of buildings from the weather.

They came and sprayed my building with a thick white liquid that when it dried it looked just like stucco. It has lasted for over 33 years but now it is showing some bald spots.

I want, if possible to do the building over again...Do any of you know what king of materal was used or better still what company does the same kind of work ?

I can not recall the name of the company ...it was something like "Kemptone".

Joe Harris
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,238 • Replies: 8
No top replies

fishin

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 09:30 pm
Huh. I've only ever heard of one spray-on siding like you describe. It's made by a company called "Alvis".

http://www.sprayonsiding.com/frequentlyaskedquestions.html

There are probably others but...
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 07:10 pm
fishin;

I thank you for sending me the information on "Alvis". I believe that their product is what I am looking for.

I will call them tomorrow morning in N.C. too see if they have a company rep here in South Texas. I will let you know how the call went.

Thanks again.

Joe Harris

PS. This is the time of the year that I miss New England and the Cape.I lived in Randolph for many years before the War 2.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 01:23 am
I remember a product called Texcote. I think maybe Sears even did that... but I'm not sure.
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 08:15 pm
fishin;

This morning I called the main office of "Alvis" in N.C.

They have no company rep. in south Texas. The nearest contact would be north of Austin, which means hundreds of miles north of Brownsville.

Thank you again for your help.

Joe Harris
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 08:23 pm
Ossobuco;

Thank you for your suggestion....I went to Sears this afternoon and they told me that they have discontinued the paint and siding department.

I have read your post on alot of different topics.

Saying what you think makes alot of sense.

Joe Harris
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 08:42 pm
Yes, I agree, Joe.

We don't have to say what appeals to others, although we want to be liked by others. I used to try to always say acceptable things, for some reason related to my upbringing and my own nature. But really, part of the fun of growing up is how to speak your own mind coherently to others. This is not as easy as it sounds.
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 09:01 pm
Ossobuco

Amen .

Joe H.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 09:08 pm
Back to siding, I would be surprised if spray siding was not available in the Los Angeles phonebook or the Texas phonebook, for one of the big cities.

I have no doubt that some of these folks are not so good, so watchyourself.

I have always liked the look of quite minimal stucco, and that was hard to get by the time I left LA - mostly one could choose sort of a wavy look or lacey, and I don't happen to like either. I like the original stucco work on 50's houses.

But never mind.

I think you could possible do better by just having someone
match your general stucco job in those few bald spots. Much less money, and would not add a lot of stucco to your already-stuccoed exterior.

Where you need to pay attention is, if you add more stucco to the whole place, that doesn't alway work out around the windows.

Consider a simple PATCH JOB.

osso
0 Replies