"Hey now!" The Larry Sanders Show

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 05:05 pm
Who else feels tearful now that Bravo has cycled through the entire series? And weren't the last two episodes great--and true to the emotional themes of the entire series? Former staff coming back to snarl at Larry, Hank being cut off in the middle of his self-serving tribute to Larry, Hank breaking down at the end, not because he knows he's been a jerk, but because he damaged his car on the way out of the lot.

No feel-good ending there!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,272 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 05:17 pm
Some genuine comic genius in that series and the balls has now been tossed to Larry David and "Curb Your Enthusiasm," the bumbling misanthrope who somehow manages to keep his friends and his wife with a perculiar underlying charm.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 05:22 pm
I'd love to see "Curb Your Enthusiasm" as I've read great things about it. Alas, I don't receive HBO. Maybe Bravo will pick up "CYE" as they did "Larry" and then I can watch it!
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 06:05 pm
Larry was the reason I got HBO and also the reason I cancelled it when it went off that network.

I missed the Bravo run, but I agree, it is pure comedic genius.

Rip Torn is a treasure.

There is always DVD's, I anticipate CYE to follow the Sopranos and 6' under in this format.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 06:09 pm
You're right about Rip Torn, Maxs. I think I'll have a salty dog in his honor when I get home...
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 06:57 pm
I concur with all of the above. I got HBO for "Band of Brothers". "The Sopranos" was well under way as was "Six Feet Under". "Bravo!" for Bravo.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 07:28 pm
They just completed a reshowing of the entire "Six Feet Under" season 1 and 2. Since the final season of "The Sopranos" is beginning in March, look for a repeat of either the first, second or third season. One and two are rentable on DVD as well as season 1 of "Six Feet Under." "Curb You Enthusiasm" is being shown from the first show to the last show of the second season at 11:30 PST on HBO Comedy.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 09:07 pm
Thanks for the heads up on the upcoming repeats. I caught the "Six feet Under " repeats up to where I started. I was glad to see that. Rachel Griffiths was on the Golden Globe nomination list. I have always been really fond of her as an actress, though her character on "Six Feet Under" drives me up the wall. She was great in the films "Hillary and Jackie" and "Me, Myself, I". I hope that they start "The Sopranos" with season one, but such will probably not be the case.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 10:18 am
Hey, now! Bravo is rerunning "Larry Sanders" again, Monday - Thursdays, two episodes starting at 10 p.m.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 12:49 pm
That's good news as I missed many of them originally and on the last reruns. Guess I'll make sure they're on my VCR timer! I'm taping all the "Curb Your Enthusiasm."
0 Replies