Well Water

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 11:16 am
I have a newer home that is on well and septic. This is the first time I have dealt with these systems. I originally had problems with rust in our well water but cleared that easily by changing the type of salt in my water softener. I know seem to have a problem with high sulfur levels in my water. I was wondering if any one knows of a simple way to clear the sulfur without having to install an expensive water system?

BTW sulfur smell is with both hot and cold water, so i eliminated the water heater...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,051 • Replies: 1
No top replies

fishin

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 11:27 am
You should probably have your water tested. Many hardware stores will do the testing for a small fee or you can see if there is a county extension service in your county - they usually do it for free.

I'd test the water both going into your softner and at the tap. (Water softners can be one source of the sulpher.) Once you narrow down whether or not it's the softner you can work from there.

Here's a link with lots of good info:

http://ianrpubs.unl.edu/water/g1275.htm
0 Replies