I need to access my brother's account

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 05:18 am
In February 2013, my brother sufferred catostrophic and irrepairable brain damage. There are, no doubt, people who are trying to reach him. His gmail account was his primary connection with the outside world. I have a signed and notorized power of attorney. He does not recall his password. I can't find a phone number to reach a human at Google. I could send them the POA documents proving that I speak for him.

The question is, how can I get my brother's password by showing the appropriate ducuments, when there seems to be nobody to send them to?

I have fought my way through Paypal (where he had a debit card balance that I use for his benefit), but I can't get through here?

This is a very sad situation indeed and I would like to correspond with anybody that he may have talked to regularly. My brother was a recluse and now lives in a home. He is well taken care of.

Any suggestions? Please respond to me at [email protected] as I am unlikely to return to this forum. I am posting to as many forums as possible right now.

Thanks,

Dan

jespah

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 06:48 am
@Dan Chaudoir,
Contact Google and ask them. You will likely be required to provide a doctor's note or other proof that you are who you say you are and what you are saying is independently verified. The power of attorney is helpful and may be enough, but that is their call. I have little doubt that the folks at Gmail have done this before.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 11:31 am
@Dan Chaudoir,
I went to the Google home page, scrolled to the bottom and clicked on the About Google link, scrolled to the bottom of that page and clicked the Contact Us link.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/contact/

There you'll find forms to contact them as well as an address and telephone number.

This is a list of the addresses and phone numbers for all their physical locations around the world:

http://www.google.com/intl/en/about/company/facts/locations/
0 Replies