Outlook Express Problem

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2013 07:24 am
My Outlook will not reply to received messages. This is the error message: Task 'pop.att.yahoo.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 530 authentication required - for help go to http://help.yahoo.com/sbc/dsl/mail/pop/pop-11.html'
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 825 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2013 09:01 am
@Discseven,
And they want you to pay for support, it looks like.

Have you been able to send from this account before? If so, then it's usually some setting you accidentally changed, or it's a transient error and it will come back.

If you have never been able to send from this particular account, then the configuration for setup is wrong.
Discseven

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2013 04:16 pm
@jespah,
Hi Jespah,

Sending is not a problem --- works fine.

When a reply email is created and "sent," it stays in the Outbox and the error message is provided.

I got so fed up with dealing with "things technical" that I just started copying contents of emails I wanted to reply to and pasting into a new email and then doing the subject line over --- it's rediculous... but it works.

I've reached a point where I'm so over this situation I'm telling people to "call" me. "Call? What's that?" Friends don't understand why I don't want to email!

So here I am trying once again to sort this out. I have an old lap top and I'm trying not to get a new one... because then everything has to be upgraded. Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile
engineer

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2013 04:41 pm
@Discseven,
When you create an email message by using the Reply button it automatically inserts the To address from the person who mailed you. What happens if you erase that name and replace it with a manually typed one?
0 Replies