Whatever.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 07:57 am
@Olivier5,
Read a lot of Oscar Wilde do you Ollie?
Olivier5

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 08:36 am
@izzythepush,
Didn't like Dorian Grey too much... As far as the whole "homosexual British eccentric romantically lost in Venice" routine goes, I found Baron Corvo far funnier.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 08:51 am
Olivier wrote:
I do know what success looks like, and it doesn't look like your hatred of entire humanity, nor your anti-science discourse, nor your lack of logic, nor your relentless ad hominem here.

- you are mistake about what success is. It isn't lying, weaseling, projecting nor pretending.

- you are lying when you say I hate the entire humanity.

- I only dislike a minute fringe of liars, posers, profiteers that base their trade on the gullibility of others, weasels that always twist the words of their opponents.

- You are lying when you say I'm anti-science. I've a degree in science and I make a living out of it.

- My relentless ad hominem is the result of your own. You were the one that insulted me on the very first posts you made on this site. I will continue as you deserve what happens to you, even though I'm not good at insults.
carloslebaron

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 08:52 am
The past existence of Jesus is as real as the past existence of Pythagoras.

We know the existence of Pythagoras thanks to his "disciples". These followers of Pythagoras founded a school in which the teachings of their "master" were perpetuated until today.

There are no records of any manuscript written by Pythagoras, but lots of records written by his followers and opponents, where we know the existence of this philosopher and mathematician by witness only.

The same scenario is observed with Jesus. We know about his past existence thanks to the writings of his disciples (the Gospels and Letters of the New Testament) and opponents (Tractate Sanhedrin 43a).

To deny the existence of Jesus and his religious importance of becoming a High Priest of the Order of Melchizedek replacing an obsolete Order of Levi, is to deny that a^2 + b^2 = c^2 belongs to Pythagoras.

timur

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 08:55 am
@carloslebaron,
This is one of your sorry jokes, isn't it?
timur

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:00 am
Frank wrote:
How am I going to bully anyone into my position here...when my position is that I do not know and it truly does not matter in the grand scheme of things.

Certainly not in the grand scheme of things but at a local level it does.

I received this PM from a poster I don't have much interaction with:

Quote:
good luck trying to deal with Petty Officer Apisa

he really is taking down the enjoyment of this site for a number of us

thanks for giving it a go
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:18 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

Frank wrote:
How am I going to bully anyone into my position here...when my position is that I do not know and it truly does not matter in the grand scheme of things.

Certainly not in the grand scheme of things but at a local level it does.

How so?

If Jesus existed...we have Christianity as it now exists.

If Jesus did not exist...we have Christianity as it now exists.

So???

Quote:

I received this PM from a poster I don't have much interaction with:

Quote:
good luck trying to deal with Petty Officer Apisa

he really is taking down the enjoyment of this site for a number of us

thanks for giving it a go

In a similar modality, I've had people claim that I act as though I am always right...and never "admit" to being wrong.

But I probably have acknowledged being wrong more than anyone else in this forum...and can offer links to dozens of posts where I have done exactly that. And when I have challenged those people to offer links to where they have acknowledged being wrong, they cannot come up with anything.

What I am saying, Timur, is that people can say what they want...it doesn't mean they are offering a realistic appraisal of the situation.

So the fact that this person...this coward...offered that comment to you does not mean anything...other than that the coward was of that opinion. Too bad he or she did not have the guts and sense of honor to place the comment out here in the forum for discussion.

I needn't remind you that there have been comments that you diminish the value of the forum. Do you place lots of stock in them?
0 Replies

timur

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:30 am
I'm posting the PM above to say that I share that opinion.

Behaving as you do, you take away much of the enjoyment of this site.

We could do much better and have wonderful and funny conversations.

But with people like you, it's just impossible.

Your strategy of debasing the comments of otherwise sound posters is just disgusting.

Then you gang up with people like Olivier, with whom you have nothing in common, except to get the upper hand on any discussion.

You could do much, much better if only you stopped that crappy game..

timur

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:32 am
Frank wrote:
Too bad he or she did not have the guts and sense of honor to place the comment out here in the forum for discussion.

I'm almost certain this poster have what you deny him.

He isn't just inclined to start the endless fight that would ensue..
FBM

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:32 am
"Daniel Boone was a man,
He was a reeeeal man!"

And Davey Crockett kilt him a bar when he was only three.

They were almost certainly historically real, but what we remember about what was said about them is almost certainly predominantly bullshit.

Again, the question of whether or not a Jesus of Nazareth really existed is a red herring. The only interesting question is whether or not he was divine.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:44 am
@FBM,
Quote:
The only interesting question is whether or not he was divine.

Oh please...
Olivier5

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:47 am
@timur,
Quote:
- My relentless ad hominem is the result of your own. You were the one that insulted me on the very first posts you made on this site. I will continue as you deserve what happens to you, even though I'm not good at insults.

I love you too, honey...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:49 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

I'm posting the PM above to say that I share that opinion.

And you know that I have that opinion of you. You are a drag...seeming to find the negative in damn near everything.

Quote:
Behaving as you do, you take away much of the enjoyment of this site.

I could easily say that same thing about you. You initiate the kinds of negative discussions you are condemning here.

Quote:
We could do much better and have wonderful and funny conversations.

Go to my home page...and go though the threads I've initiated...and you will find dozens of threads of a light-hearted, friendly nature. And many of my posts are that kind also.

Quote:
But with people like you, it's just impossible.

It is not impossible with me. Go look at my posts...and you will see all sorts of light, friendly conversations. You have decided that you are going to "cut me down to size" and have imposed condemnation on me in many threads, Timur...and I simply do not react in a forgiving way to that kind of nonsense. I give you back what you are determined to give me. And in my opinion, I do it with a lot more class than you show.

Quote:
Your strategy of debasing the comments of otherwise sound posters is just disgusting.

That is projection on your part.

Quote:
Then you gang up with people like Olivier, with whom you have nothing in common, except to get the upper hand on any discussion.

Olivier and I have battered each other. But in this particular instance, I am on the same page as he...and I think the page you are on sucks. This has nothing to do with "upper hand." Sounds to me as though you realize you've bitten off more than you can chew...and you are feeling sorry for yourself.

I am willing to have a meaningful, friendly cyber relationship with you, Timur...but I am not going to take crap from you just because you feel like dishing it out.

Quote:
You could do much, much better if only you stopped that crappy game..

Take that advice yourself. I would be a fool to accept advice from you on how to be a better person.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:50 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

Frank wrote:
Too bad he or she did not have the guts and sense of honor to place the comment out here in the forum for discussion.

I'm almost certain this poster have what you deny him.

He isn't just inclined to start the endless fight that would ensue..

Fine. That is your right...and I defend it.

But I think he is a coward.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:56 am
@Frank Apisa,
I know who this poster PMing to Timur is, having received similarly worded PMs from him when you and I were at each other's throat. People will gossip. No need to care about that and it proves nothing whatsoever. However, I find it inappropriate to publish a private message on a thread. Don't know what the A2K etiquette is on this.
timur

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:57 am
I was imagining your reply and it came just as I expected.

So stipulated..
0 Replies

timur

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:58 am
@Olivier5,
Grasping at straws again, little man?
Olivier5

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 10:17 am
@timur,
That from a guy who posts an anonymous rant from a random poster as proof of anything...
timur

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 10:18 am
@Olivier5,
Weasel away, little man.