Terrorist attack in London

JTT

Wed 29 May, 2013 02:40 pm
Quote:
Britain and France urge UN to label Syrian rebels as terrorists after recent atrocities

By Damien McElroy, The Daily Telegraph May 15, 2013

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/Britain+France+urge+label+Syrian+rebels+terrorists/8391683/story.html#ixzz2UiTIjv79

Wow, the hypocrisy!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 29 May, 2013 03:07 pm
FOR THE RECORD:
I deem a nuclear armed Iran
to be absolutely intolerable.

David
oralloy

Wed 29 May, 2013 03:56 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
FOR THE RECORD:

If NATO does not take out Iran's illegal nuclear program, Israel will.

Given Obama's lack of strength on Syrian chemical weapons, I recommend that Israel do it (and soon).

Still, we may see it carried out as a NATO operation. We'll have to see.
OmSigDAVID

Wed 29 May, 2013 04:39 pm
@oralloy,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
FOR THE RECORD:
oralloy wrote:
If NATO does not take out Iran's illegal nuclear program, Israel will.
Yes, granted that we have to take care of business, or get nuclear 9/11s,
but what law has been violated ?

I 'm not too sure about any jurisdiction.

David
oralloy

Wed 29 May, 2013 07:19 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
what law has been violated ?

The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty forbids Iran from developing nuclear weapons. It also forbids Iran from keeping their nuclear sites secret and/or barring inspectors from accessing their nuclear facilities.

Iran is violating all of the above.

Also, the US interpretation of the NPT does not accept that an already-illegal nuclear program will become legal if a nation withdraws from the treaty after they have violated it.

OmSigDAVID wrote:
I 'm not too sure about any jurisdiction.

Jurisdiction would rest with the UN Security Council, where Russia and China would both veto action.

Any bombing carried out by NATO or Israel would be a vigilante action, carried out without jurisdiction or legal authorization.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 29 May, 2013 07:22 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Of course it is, and according to what Obama has said, he agrees with you.

Want to bet though that they will join the nuclear club while he is president?
oralloy

Wed 29 May, 2013 09:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Want to bet though that they will join the nuclear club while he is president?

Agreed that Obama has the strength of a wet noodle. His Syrian chemical weapons debacle made that abundantly clear.

But is some magical force going to prevent Israel from bombing Iran?
JTT

Wed 29 May, 2013 09:27 pm
@oralloy,
Om, Finn & Oralboy's circle jerk.
0 Replies

JTT

Wed 29 May, 2013 10:00 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty forbids Iran from developing nuclear weapons. It also forbids Iran from keeping their nuclear sites secret and/or barring inspectors from accessing their nuclear facilities.

Iran is violating all of the above.

You're spewing Uncle Sam's jism again, Oralboy. Wipe your chin.

The US, probably the greatest treaty breaker on the planet, should not be pointing fingers at others.

The US is the only group of war criminals to have used nuclear weapons. The US was seriously considering using them in Korea in the fifties.

You jokers really have no shame, coming here spreading US lies.
oralloy

Wed 29 May, 2013 10:18 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
The US, probably the greatest treaty breaker on the planet, should not be pointing fingers at others.

We'll point our fingers at whoever we feel like.

JTT wrote:
The US is the only group of war criminals to have used nuclear weapons.

Only at the height of a brutal war, and only against people who were committing brutal atrocities against us and others.

JTT wrote:
You jokers really have no shame, coming here spreading US lies.

Feel free to try to point out a single untruth in anything I've said.
OmSigDAVID

Thu 30 May, 2013 02:32 am
@oralloy,
He is not able to reason.
He rejects logic; that 's Y I put him on Ignore.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 30 May, 2013 02:55 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Feel free to try to point out a single untruth in anything I've said.

Your lies are pointed out all the time, but you're so incredibly stupid you can't see it. You're not asking people to point out lies, you're asking them to alter the fantasy playing out in your addled brain. When someone is as delusional and bigoted as you are there's very little that can be done, short of electro convulsive therapy.

If you have electricity at home you could try it out yourself, you might cure yourself or suffer a fatality. Either way it's a result.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Thu 30 May, 2013 03:06 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty forbids Iran from developing nuclear weapons.
Did Iran sign it ?

I don't recognize the UN as any government; do u ?

David
izzythepush

Thu 30 May, 2013 03:26 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Oralboy believes what he wants when it suits him. With respect to the invasion of Iraq and the 131 Security Council resolutions regarding Israel, Oralboy regards the UN as having no value, but when it comes to nuclear proliferation in Iran he does a volte face. It's what happens when you have no principles, or any sense of the absurd.
oralloy

Thu 30 May, 2013 03:41 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
oralloy wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:

The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty forbids Iran from developing nuclear weapons.

Did Iran sign it ?

Yes. Under the Shah.

Possibly after the 1979 revolution the current regime could have repudiated it if they had wanted to legally pursue nuclear weapons.

But they did not repudiate it. They instead stayed a member and have been actively been claiming the benefits of that membership.

OmSigDAVID wrote:
I don't recognize the UN as any government; do u ?

I'm not sure I'd call them a government, but they are a legal authority of a sort.
OmSigDAVID

Thu 30 May, 2013 06:02 am
@oralloy,
If a world government is ever established,
it will soon degenerate into an un-limited despotism,
from which Man will never escape. Ike will not come to the rescue.
izzythepush

Thu 30 May, 2013 06:09 am
@OmSigDAVID,
That's just an opinion, and not one based on logic either. America isn't despotic, at least towards its own citizens, and it's fairly big too.

The main outcome would be that smaller, third world countries would have a far greater say than they do now, and resources would be more evenly shared out, meaning you wouldn't have as much.
BillRM

Thu 30 May, 2013 08:26 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Oralboy regards the UN as having no value, but when it comes to nuclear proliferation in Iran he does a volte face. It's what happens when you have no principles, or any sense of the absurd.

This coming from a citizens of the UK who cause a large percent of the problem in the middle east we are having now by drawing the political maps of the area after WW1 in a manner that even a bright child would should had known would not work out long term.
BillRM

Thu 30 May, 2013 08:28 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The main outcome would be that smaller, third world countries would have a far greater say than they do now, and resources would be more evenly shared out, meaning you wouldn't have as much.

You mean a very very tiny ruling classes in those countries would benefit.
izzythepush

Thu 30 May, 2013 10:23 am
@BillRM,
Which is just another way of saying that you can't comprehend Democratic World Government, like you can't comprehend a lot of things.
0 Replies