American Power

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 07:11 am
Max thermal capacity (only thermodynamic) (W)2000w
Max power consumed (thermodynamic) (W)500w Voltage / frequency 230V / I ph / 50 Hz
Can the above UK appliance be installed in the USA on 110v 60Hz.

I have noticed that although America is 110v I have noticed that water boilers/cookers are 230v powered, Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 688 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 08:55 am
@andrewmand,
I'm not really sure what you're asking.

I would say though, just to throw this out there, that this is dangerous stuff and not to be messed with unless you really, really know WTF you are doing. If nothing else, you are likely to invalidate most warranties, and may end up with your homeowner's insurance company disclaiming coverage - not so nice if you have a house fire due to poor wiring by an unlicensed person. E. g. you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 09:03 am
Appliances in the U.S. are rated 110 or 220. You stick the ends of a multi-meter in an electrical outlet, you'll get anywhere from 102 to 115 volts--but you don't need an exact match. My advice is to contact the manufacturer with your specific question.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 10:09 am
@andrewmand,
Andy if you have 2-phase power you'll find 230 v between the "hot" of two outlets. that ground is at pivot might however prove prominently problematical

Help me, somebody who knows this stuff better than I
0 Replies