11
   

"Thy kingdom come". What's that about?

 
 
Iconoclast85
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2020 11:19 pm
@neologist,
As the gospel spreads worldwide, God's Kingdom rule extends to all nations.
psalm22:27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

28 For the kingdom is the Lord's: and he is the governor among the nations.

29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.
knaivete
 
  1  
Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2020 12:08 am
@Iconoclast85,
Any chance of you changing your name to something more believable like proselytisingzealotiq85?
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2020 12:35 am
@knaivete,
knaivete wrote:

Any chance of you changing your name to something more believable like proselytisingzealotiq85?


Umm, I think it's a joke, sir,... like, uh, 'Sillius Soddus' or... 'Biggus Dickus'
0 Replies
 
TruthMatters
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 07:00 pm
@neologist,
In case you really WANT to know... Dan 7:13- I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before Him.
 14- And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. -KJV
0 Replies
 
The Anointed
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 01:48 am
@George,
Quote:
Sounds good to me, though I prefer to think of him as predicting the Age of Aquarius.


Jesus was born in 6 B.C., two years before the death of Herod the Great in in 4 B.C., It was prophesied that a heavenly sign would herald the birth of the Promised Jewish Messiah.

The 6 BC triple conjunction of the "King Planet" Jupiter, with Mars, the “God of War” and Saturn the “God of Time,” who brings the golden age of peace to the earth, which I believe was read by the wise men as the sign that was prophesied to herald the birth of the promised King, (Jupiter the king planet) who was to succeed to the throne of David the warrior king, (Mars the god of war) as the prophesied Messianic King of Israel, who is to come and subdue the surrounding Nations and bring in the golden Age of Aquarius, one thousand years of peace, (Saturn.)
0 Replies
 
bulmabriefs144
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2021 08:27 am
@neologist,
The hope of Christians is that there will be a new world, better than this one.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2021 09:28 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

The hope of Christians is that there will be a new world, better than this one.


Oh, no.

Please tell me the morons of the Christian American Right have not expanded Make America Great Again...to Make The World Great Again.

We've done enough damage to planet Earth without that bullshit.

If the Christian American Right intends to do to the World what it has done to America...it should at least have the decency to wear a condom.
bulmabriefs144
 
  0  
Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2021 12:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You should think through the implications of Make America Great Again. It heavily implies two things: (1) America used to have greatness, and (2) some dipshits fucked it up.

This is true for the entire world. Btw, they always had this mindset. Both in America and generally. Or don't you remember the story of Adam and Steve?

Totally What The Bible Says wrote:
2
7 Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

8 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

10 A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters. 11 The name of the first is the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12 (The gold of that land is good; aromatic resin and onyx are also there.) 13 The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds through the entire land of Cush. 14 The name of the third river is the Tigris; it runs along the east side of Ashur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.

15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a partner for him. He will need someone so he can have lots of gay sex.”

19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.

But for Adam no suitable partner for wild gay sex was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took two of the man’s extra gonads and extra rod, and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made another man from the extras he had taken out of the man, and he brought him to the man.

23 The man said,

“Dude, Steve is hot! Thanks God! I shall teach him how to know me. In the throat. And in my backside.”

24 That is why a man goes off hunting for cheap thrills. The human race somehow survives without females. I think.

25 Adam and his husband were both naked, and they felt no shame.

3 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to Steve, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

2 Steve said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to Steve. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

6 When Steve saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, he took some and ate it. He also gave some to his husband, who was with him, and he ate it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

8 Then the man and his husband heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”

10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”

12 The man said, “Steve did it.”

13 Then the Lord God said to Steve, “What is this you have done?”

Steve said, “I was deceived by the one-eyed snake, and I opened my mouth.”

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,
“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and this woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”
16 Steve wondered why he was now being called a woman. But God said,
“I will make you a woman. And the man will no longer want gay sex
but shall instead desire you for your boobs, though he shall still like
oral and anal sex on occasion. You will not be able to give him anything,
only be able to take it like a little bitch. I will make your penis into a clit."
And Steve was surprised at God's rough language, yet he continued,
"I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
but there shall be no more gay sex for you.
In fact, he shall declare it a sin.”

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to Steve and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’
“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”
And Adam grinned, because Steve got the far worse deal, but Steve resolved that every generation of women would be nagging to their husbands.
20 Adam named his new wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.


What's that you say? Adam was heterosexual? Her name was Eve? Bah, the gay community will never go for that...

John Winthrop looked over the landscape of America, and envisioned a "City on a hill." The idea that America would, for better or worse, show the rest of the world a model of how to make a proper go of things. And indeed, they went from a large nation of rural yokels to a nation that put a stop to slavery, to people who developed the nuke, sent rockets to space, and invented computers and other modern devices.

And then we had woke idiots tell us that we should view our nation as having started with slavery, and brush aside any accomplishments since then. Yeah, you're damned right we need to Make America Great Again. But our elections are probably likely to be deeply rigged, so ummm good luck with that. Also, thanks everyone for making this possible. I really love living in Biden's America. Not.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2021 01:58 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:


You should think through the implications of Make America Great Again. It heavily implies two things: (1) America used to have greatness, and (2) some dipshits fucked it up.

This is true for the entire world. Btw, they always had this mindset. Both in America and generally. Or don't you remember the story of Adam and Steve?

Totally What The Bible Says wrote:
2
7 Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

8 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

10 A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters. 11 The name of the first is the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12 (The gold of that land is good; aromatic resin and onyx are also there.) 13 The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds through the entire land of Cush. 14 The name of the third river is the Tigris; it runs along the east side of Ashur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.

15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a partner for him. He will need someone so he can have lots of gay sex.”

19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.

But for Adam no suitable partner for wild gay sex was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took two of the man’s extra gonads and extra rod, and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made another man from the extras he had taken out of the man, and he brought him to the man.

23 The man said,

“Dude, Steve is hot! Thanks God! I shall teach him how to know me. In the throat. And in my backside.”

24 That is why a man goes off hunting for cheap thrills. The human race somehow survives without females. I think.

25 Adam and his husband were both naked, and they felt no shame.

3 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to Steve, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

2 Steve said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to Steve. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

6 When Steve saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, he took some and ate it. He also gave some to his husband, who was with him, and he ate it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

8 Then the man and his husband heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”

10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”

12 The man said, “Steve did it.”

13 Then the Lord God said to Steve, “What is this you have done?”

Steve said, “I was deceived by the one-eyed snake, and I opened my mouth.”

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,
“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and this woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”
16 Steve wondered why he was now being called a woman. But God said,
“I will make you a woman. And the man will no longer want gay sex
but shall instead desire you for your boobs, though he shall still like
oral and anal sex on occasion. You will not be able to give him anything,
only be able to take it like a little bitch. I will make your penis into a clit."
And Steve was surprised at God's rough language, yet he continued,
"I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
but there shall be no more gay sex for you.
In fact, he shall declare it a sin.”

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to Steve and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’
“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”
And Adam grinned, because Steve got the far worse deal, but Steve resolved that every generation of women would be nagging to their husbands.
20 Adam named his new wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.


What's that you say? Adam was heterosexual? Her name was Eve? Bah, the gay community will never go for that...

John Winthrop looked over the landscape of America, and envisioned a "City on a hill." The idea that America would, for better or worse, show the rest of the world a model of how to make a proper go of things. And indeed, they went from a large nation of rural yokels to a nation that put a stop to slavery, to people who developed the nuke, sent rockets to space, and invented computers and other modern devices.

And then we had woke idiots tell us that we should view our nation as having started with slavery, and brush aside any accomplishments since then. Yeah, you're damned right we need to Make America Great Again. But our elections are probably likely to be deeply rigged, so ummm good luck with that. Also, thanks everyone for making this possible. I really love living in Biden's America. Not.


If you truly think that America was great at one time and now is not, but can be gotten back to what you see as earlier greatness, Bulma...

...you would treat American conservatism like you would leprosy...and Trumpism like the Black Plague.

The truth is that America, right from its beginnings, had moments of greatness...and moments very far from greatness. There are people on this planet...even people who are our good friends and allies...who consider a good deal of American history as a stain on humanity.

American conservatism and Trumpism...wants to return America to its darkest days...to times of our greatest shame.

So what are you looking for?

A return to days of slavery...with individual states determining whether slavery can exist or not?

To the days of J. Edgar Hoover intruding into the lives of people with whom he had political disagreement?


To the days of Joseph McCarthy ruining lives of people with specious charges of 143 communists or 117 communists or 129 communists in the State Department...and the bullshit he put writers and such through during the 1950's?

To the days where blacks were required to sit in the back of busses...and not sit at lunch counters?

To the days where women were not allowed to vote?

What return are you looking for, Bulma? And why do you think that the scum of the American Right will get you there?

Think, Bulma.

Really think.

You might end up being a decent advocate for a BETTER AMERICA...if you could only see that you are championing the wrong side at the moment.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2021 02:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I remember Gungasnake posting about his idea of Heaven. It started out with Eisenhower being president followed by the usual bollocks about excessive petrol consumption.

It's nostalgia in it's truest form, a Happy Days version of the 50s where all the bad things like McCarthyism and segregation aren't mentioned or even acknowledged,
bulmabriefs144
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2021 03:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
By what standard? By what standard should I see Trump as I would leprosy?

Because of... mean tweets? I don't care about a person being polite. My parents generally taught to be polite, but then I saw the ultimate effects in my sister, a person who said please and thank you while nonetheless being very rude and ungracious. This is what I have discovered of a typical liberal, that they are like people from Massachusetts. Excellent manners on paper, but they care more about reputation than they do about genuine kindness. They do a great many things for good press.

You write for the NY Times or whatever? I'll be perfectly glad to ask them to crowdfund your trip back to Europe. As for me, I grew up here, I happen to like what my country was like as a child in the 80s and 90s. Then in the 2000s I graduated, and realized that despite my studying and work, I was sold a lie. That the college education I was given made me slightly more useful than to work as a janitor. So I became a janitor who knew about civics, literature, history, and science. But I had no marketable skills. These are the fruits of a liberal education. They stink. Worse, I was brainwashed into buying leftist rhetoric from my twenties nearly 37 or so. Then I grew up.

So sure, we'll pay for a trip back to Europe. Or hell, I can chip in a bit extra to send you to Saudi Arabia so you can feel especially virtuous. As for me, I hate what my country has become, and I love what it was even 20 or so years ago.

European culture, with its colonialism, did far more harm to the world while America was still struggling with a sovereign identity divorced from Great Britain.

No, I am not looking for a return to days of slavery. Read your history. Find out how slavery was abolished in this country, and how the left used Jim Crow and the KKK for years to intimidate black voters. And how eventually, people wised up to it, so it had to reinvent itself. Out went the sundown cities (Oregon was an actual sundown state), and in went a whole list of programs meant to keep blacks living in the ghettos where crime and poverty prevailed. Out came the handouts to bribe black voters and keep them dependent of Uncle Sam's charity, up went black divorces, imprisonments, and down went black church attendance. You wanna tell me how this is not making things worse? Yes, technically blacks can become billionaires now. But most of them are stuck in a system that doesn't want them to succeed. That gives them handouts, instead of offering the same education and opportunities. Black men and women are haunted by the constant notion that they never know whether they got the job on their own merit, or whether Affirmative Action gave that job to them. You cannot imagine the blow to your self-esteem to be a token, worth nothing to the people you work for except to make someone else look good.

This is not the abolition of racism. This is even worse racism, but now we're not legally allowed to say "I didn't want to hire you because you're black." Now we're not allowed to say, "I hired you not because I think you're any good, but because I need a quota of black people at this job."

Years ago, the problem was obvious. There were real white supremacists burning crosses (the same party has always been burning crosses in one form or another), and decent people wanted to help blacks make a go of it. Now we try to pin "white supremacist" label on anyone who doesn't buy liberal rhetoric. But everyone who studied real history like me knows that the left has never been a friend of blacks and minorities, keeping them reliant on the food stamps and the other "benefits" at best, and at worst, actively trying to bully them into support
Years ago, blacks knew who to support. They were the ones that gave them real jobs, real equality, real faith, and real freedom. Now the black fell for the left taking credit for civil rights, and now live in crappy houses that look like this.

A black school during the Great Depression.
https://cdn.onlyinyourstate.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/AL-Depression-6-700x538.jpg
A black being led to prison in 2020. #StayWoke
https://s.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_deray_dc_160710_16x9_992.jpg
How's that working for ya?

One of these had nice buildings, decent education, and loved and cared for God. One of these is angry, probably homeless, and probably addicted to drugs. One group has their life in order, and a future ahead of them after the Depression. Another will rot away in prison, and do no better out of it.

I am really thinking here. Have you really thought? Thought about whether blacks really want the woke left to tear away Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben, the faces of very successful black entrepreneurs? Whether it is cool to rename football teams and schools and roads and bridges that real people worked on because you're offended. No it's not because they are treated in a demeaning way. It's because the left is actually ashamed of successful blacks. I haven't even mentioned women or Asians (many of which are punished by Affirmative Action, because they legit are successful).

These faces. Remember them.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/06/17/business/17unrest-jemima-01/17unrest-jemima-01-jumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp
This is Anna Robinson. Now the Aunt Jemima company is woke, and they call themselves Pearl Milling Company. Note the erasure of this woman.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/38/Pearl_milling_co_logo.png/200px-Pearl_milling_co_logo.png

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/92c522d1-5079-4b28-b0eb-cf839b3ce331_1.d21e6382906c1d30dd4bac791489c3d6.jpeg
Frank Brown. They removed the word Uncle because it was supposedly patronizing (fair enough), but then the rest changed too.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/47/BensOriginalLogo.svg/220px-BensOriginalLogo.svg.png
Yup, a real person, who owes his success to the company. And they erased him.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/06/17/multimedia/17xp-unrest-brands2/merlin_152462895_c6bd053b-361b-4246-9f44-1e8b2e01cca2-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Frank L. White. Now it simply has wheat on top.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b1/Cream_of_Wheat_logo.png/250px-Cream_of_Wheat_logo.png

So you know, this is the side I'm against. The side that gives a free pass to black erasure. That keeps people dependent on handouts.

Yes, I want to make America great again. The America where all people after college have a fair shot at being employed, where the money you get is not totally worthless after taxes handing your money out to other people or through inflation, and when people can be sure of their accomplishments. Not the America where people riot in the street because they aren't even sure why they're angry, while assholes tell them they've helped them out. Not the America that is so messed up that they worry about climate that isn't happening, when the birds and plants can tell you they are doing just fine. Where people are frightened to death of a supposed disease that 99% of people recover. And where shopkeepers couldn't open their stores legally but people screaming "racial oppression" can smash the windows of these stores and take what they want without punishment.

I derive great pleasure in you having to read words as they head off the page. Have fun!
0 Replies
 
bulmabriefs144
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2021 03:43 pm
@izzythepush,
You ended with a comma. Is there more to this?
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/09/2022 at 02:32:22