"Thy kingdom come". What's that about?

neologist

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2013 11:22 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
.... Isaiah was simply painting a word-picture of the afterlife in materialistic earthly terms the human mind could understand. .. .
So you disagree with Isaiah 45:18?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 12:14 am
@neologist,
Neologist wrote:
Quote:
So you disagree with Isaiah 45:18?

"..he who fashioned and made the earth,
he founded it;
he did not create it to be empty,
but formed it to be inhabited"

No, why should anybody want to disagree with it? It's common knowledge he created it and put Adam and Eve in it to start populating it.
Then when the world ends, Jesus is coming to collect all true Christians and whisk them off to paradise-
"In my fathers house are many mansions,I'm going on ahead to get them ready for you, then come back to take you there with me" (John 14:2-6)

but I'm sure he'll let you stay on earth if you want..Smile
neologist

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 12:55 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
So you're saying this wonderful earth, God's gift, is not sufficient for you?

Perhaps you do deserve something different.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 01:18 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Have you noticed that the prevailing opinion of those posting in the religious forums on a2k is that the Bible is not to be taken seriously? Even those who claim to believers seem unable to understand the integrity of the Bible as a whole. What do you think about that?

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 02:55 am

Neologist wrote:
Quote:
So you're saying this wonderful earth, God's gift, is not sufficient for you?

If you're happy to be imprisoned in a fleshy body on this spinning ball of mud you're welcome to it mate, but all true Christians find it distasteful to be trapped in the material universe and can't wait to get out..Smile
"Don't love the world or the things in it,otherwise the love of God is not in you" (1 John 2:15-17)
"Set your mind on things above,not on things on the earth" (Col 3:2)
"A friend of the world is the enemy of God" (James 4:4)
"For we look at things unseen rather than the seen,for the seen are temporary, but the unseen are eternal" (2 Cor 4:18)

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 03:18 am
Neologist wrote:
Quote:
Have you noticed that the prevailing opinion of those posting in the religious forums on a2k is that the Bible is not to be taken seriously? Even those who claim to believers seem unable to understand the integrity of the Bible as a whole. What do you think about that?

I don't give a rat's ass about "prevailing opinions" mate, I simply have fun strutting my stuff..Smile
"We're not looking for praise from men" (1 Thess 2:4-6)

As for people who seem "unable to understand the integrity of the Bible as a whole", that's their problem, not mine..Smile
Paul had to remind people to stay focussed on Jesus rather than get sidetracked into obscure theology-
"I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)

A simple slimline gospel like this can be picked up for a few pence and read in a couple of days, but if it does nothing for people and they feel they have to go searching elsewhere all over the Bible for "the truth", they're in big trouble-
Jesus said-"My Father’s house has many rooms..and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.
Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through ME" (John 14:1-6)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/gospel.gif~original
neologist

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 10:43 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
I don't give a rat's ass about "prevailing opinions" mate, I simply have fun strutting my stuff..Smile
That seems to be one difference between you and Jesus, he did not strut his stuff. - John 7:!6

BTW, Have you ever compared your language to Ephesians 4:29?

Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . .A simple slimline gospel like this can be picked up for a few pence and read in a couple of days, but if it does nothing for people and they feel they have to go searching elsewhere all over the Bible for "the truth", they're in big trouble-
Watchtower Society gives its literature free. And, if you think you can completely understand the writings of John without understanding the rest of the Bible, you may belatedly come to understand the meaning of Proverbs 2:21, 22 "For the upright shall dwell in the land, and the perfect shall remain in it. 22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it."

See 2Timothy 3:16
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 07:55 pm
Romeo said-"I don't give a rat's ass about "prevailing opinions" mate, I simply have fun strutting my stuff.."

Neologist wrote:
Quote:
That seems to be one difference between you and Jesus, he did not strut his stuff. - John 7:!6
BTW, Have you ever compared your language to Ephesians 4:29?

Mate, you sound like Nanny McPhee, I bet you'd also tell Jesus to tone himself down too..Smile
Jesus said to the snooty priests-
"You're full of ****!" (Matt 23:27)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Jesus-v-snoots.gif
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look clean on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean" Matt 23:27
neologist

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2013 12:21 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
And your point is?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 05:21 am
The point is that if we want Jesus as our Gang Leader, we automatically become as tough as him..Smile
Hey Johnny, what are you rebelling against?

"Waddya got?"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/wildone.jpg
neologist

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 10:01 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Gang Leader?
0 Replies

kiuku

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 04:08 pm
@neologist,
a promise he might have made.

Who is he talking to though? we can say whatever we want to, right...free to twist, free to try a new story, free to sell a book that's not your own.

He's talking to the betrayers. He's offering them a room in the house. He says God your kingdom come, he prays while his
followers are spying..sleeping.

I go, I go to a place you can never see and you can't go with me. There I go to build a room for you in the house.

There's a kingdom coming, that God has, his spirit has. He's lying for his spirit maybe. Maybe it's just a powerful spirit.

That Yahweh has a kingdom this time. It didn't in the Old Testament, nevermind that though. No one bring that up.

There was the "land of milk and honey" so maybe it's a joke between him and other prophets of the same God.

"Land of milk and honey" is exactly a kingdom to the Roman rule.

Well...it's words that Jesus said. Jesus could have been a liar, we don't know. We think he isn't. There's nothing stating a prophet can't be a liar. You could really put a finger on this and say that's what people do when they are in bad situations with bad people. But Jesus is powerful so Jesus is telling the truth. He's definitely making a room for Judas in his father's house, which has many rooms.

"Just tell them there's a big house with lots of stuff in it"-I don't know maybe that's God speaking to Jesus his beloved prophet. Just tell them you're from West Africa and your estate is in ..I don't know, bondage, and you need some help getting it out of your bank account which has 6 million in it.

"I go there all the time"-Jesus "You never see me" "Because you can't" Though we walk on water together. I don't know, you could say it's a lie, you could put together a small proof. But that's not what we say about Jesus. That's not what we say about Moses either. The land of milk and honey did not exactly achieve, so..I don't know. We just blame it on the bad followers.

The kingdom come is a promise. But for some reason, I would not be surprised if it doesn't come to this world and its people nor if it intended to.
kiuku

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 04:28 pm
@kiuku,
the land of milk and honey has to be a miracle land, as a proof because...where they were headed, was just lonely desert. God had to make wafers, again something very plain and stale; what this world is; and will be, I guess. Manna is a type of bread that falls from the sky. The Kingdom must also be miracle land, land that comes out of no where.

It's hard to say what it's like to be a prophet, but you're the one here, and God is "there", immaterial spirit.

The land of milk and honey did not achieve, did not ever achieve.

It's just that, his followers are sleeping near him when he goes to pray that prayer, his final words.

So...I don't know what else can be said that's not exactly blasphemous to the total bible, and God.

What God wants...does not look like a kingdom, not right now anyway. Maybe it's just here that God wants this. Maybe there is a Heaven-I don't know anything about it though. Other people might, but they don't say it at all.

that's what Pirates say, to their people, gold, lots of it, women and stuff like that, which usually ends in mutiny when it doesn't achieve.

He's doing His father's will, the whole time, that's what he says, the whole time, and then those are his final words in ear shot of his followers to whom he has also promised things in the kingdom where he goes, so a metaphysical place; Heaven apparently.

Well, on Earth as it is in Heaven, some day. Until then, peace out.
kiuku

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 07:42 am
@kiuku,
Looking at it this way. Thy kingdom come...is a promise that he had spoken of with his disciples previously. This is also something he is in trouble for with the Roman pilate. The Jews are angry that he is gaining a reputation, and the Romans find that Jesus has said he is a king atleast once, and son of God, which is the title of their rulers.

So it's definitely real in the gospel.

I mean if you're Jewish...then, you might notice this. It's sort of a twist, but again, what might it be, what's it about? shrugs. It's a real kingdom according to most faith ideas. Where he mentions it he is very explicit.

But why is he saying it?

Again we can take this shy proof even further.

They are asleep, however, not if they are recording the gospel. Well someone heard it; therefore they were not asleep. If we take that seriously that they recorded the gospel, then they recorded this prayer, then they were not really asleep.

This is called an inaccuracy. Obviously they were listening so.

Judaism, historical:

What are the Ten Commandments?

Do not take my name in vain.

Taking God's name in vain is more than o shucks. It requires that you believe you are using his name, in the first place.

The first line "Our father who art in Heaven" "Holy is your name" --therefore what comes or what is said after this must be the truth

"Thy Kingdom Come"

It's possible that in slang historical that might be like going "TELLING THE TRUTH" really loud, like a joke, or it's also possible that we have to take that as the truth, because it's a commandment and that is the proper way to pray anything.

However what is real and final is that we are certain to miss any historical context in the gospels, whatever is left over, of Judaism or anything like that.
kiuku

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 08:04 am
@kiuku,
why does the devil laugh at praying, why does he laugh at the book itself, why does he laugh at this part? could it be that it can be construed as a comedy to people of certain knowledge? That's all I wanted to know.

I don't know, that could be like "West Africa" e mail alerts, to us.

I set out to figure out what was so funny about the bible;

However technically that's a true statement-I figured this out, because otherwise he is taking the Lord's name in vain.

good sir, when I pray you just bust out laughing and you cheer on as if nothing happened

that's how I wrote my book; someone I know. That's the best part, he says.
kiuku

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 05:31 pm
@kiuku,
I wonder if it could also be God's torture. God apparently tortures. This is a torture tactic called hope. That's the funniest thing for me to do to people then when they make false promises, so now I say His Kingdom Come. Because I'm a saint. If people make fake promises, any time someone impresses me with a belief or a hope in the future somewhere, or something to look forward to, to me my retort is His Kingdom Come.

yes it's a joke to me, and I'm a saint. I'm a real saint too. His kingdom come is a joke to me, the way I'm using it. Ask me and I'll tell you another one.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2014 07:33 pm

KINGDOM OF GOD (INSIDE YOURSELF)

John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Rom 14:17
17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Acts 14:22
22 strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, "We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God."
Matt 6:33-34
33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Acts 17:24-25
24 "God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.
25 "Nor is He worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.
John 4:23-24
23 "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
24 "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
Luke 17:20-21
20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
21 "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."
Mark 10:15
15 "Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.
Matt 12:25
25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand.
Matt 12:28
28 "But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.
Matt 8:12
12 "But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
Mark 1:15
15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."
James 4:7-8
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Luke 1:50
50 And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.
Rev 19:5
5 Then a voice came from the throne, saying, "Praise our God, all you His servants and those who fear Him, both small and great!"
Luke 12:5
5 "But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!
Heb 10:29-31
29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
30 For we know Him who said, "Vengeance is Mine; I will repay," says the Lord. And again, "The Lord will judge His people."
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
John 3:5-7
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
2 Cor 3:5-6
5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
51 "You stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.
Rom 8:2
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
Rom 8:5-8
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Mark 10:23-25
23 Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, "How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!"
24 And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus answered again and said to them, "Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom of God!
25 "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
Col 1:13-14
13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
Matt 8:12
12 "But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
1 Pet 5:10
10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
2 Pet 1:10-11
10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;
11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)
xxx The kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven are different. Many people have as yet not entered the kingdom of God. And yet they still hold to their carnality and try to explain the Word of God with the wisdom of man. One needs to enter the kingdom of God to even be sanctified(the washing of water by the Word). One should understand that the kingdom of God is inside you. Where you will go through all the tests of crucifing the flesh(outer person) with all of its emotions & feelings. You can only enter by being led by the Holy Spirit(verses). But there are those who abide in the milk and worship in the flesh(according to their feelings & emotions) which is a deception in itself. To get into the meat(verses) one has to know the difference between the milk and the meat. And you can only find that in the meat.

Luke 9:62
62 But Jesus said to him, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."
(NKJ)

Luke 18:17
17 "Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."
(NKJ)

Matt 6:9-13
9 "In this manner, therefore, pray: our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
(NKJ)

Luke 13:18-21
18 Then He said, "What is the kingdom of God like? And to what shall I compare it?
19 "It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and put in his garden; and it grew and became a large tree, and the birds of the air nested in its branches."
20 And again He said, "To what shall I liken the kingdom of God?
21 "It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened."
(NKJ)

shua

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 02:29 pm
@neologist,
In Judaism there is a time called Y'mot haMashiach (the days of the Messiah). This is God's kingdom coming to earth. The prophets say that there will be a new heaven and a new earth. Much of the Hebrew prophets, especially Isaiah 40-66 speak of the new world where "the leopard will lay with the lamb" and we will live in eternal bliss. In Jeremiah 30:30 it speaks of a new covenant where everyone will know God and the Law will be written on our hearts. There is also something called "Olam HaBa" (the world to come) which is like heaven, but we have no understanding of what it is going to be like. The new kingdom is talked about in Daniel as the fifth kingdom, Rome the forth. The new kingdom is shown to be like a man, judging equitably, whereas the four other Kings (Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome) are all compared to animals. Us Jews till this day pray for the the new kingdom to come every day in their prayer services.
Smileyrius

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 05:11 pm
@Squeakybro,
Welcome to A2k Squeaky, I appreciate your use of the scriptures my friend, it is refreshing to find a Christian who has a respect for them. The idea that the kingdom of God is in your heart is not one that I would share. While I make no claim to being a scholar, I would counter that the Kingdom of God is a literal Kingdom supported by the following points.

God’s Kingdom has rulers, subjects, laws, and a mandate to establish the will of God in heaven and on the earth.—Matthew 6:10; Revelation 5:10.

God’s government, or Kingdom, will rule over all “the peoples, nations, and language groups” of the earth. (Daniel 7:13, 14)

The authority for its rulership comes, not from its subjects, but directly from God.—Psalm 2:4-6; Isaiah 9:7.

Jesus told his faithful apostles that they would join him in the Kingdom of heaven to “sit on thrones.”—Luke 22:28, 30.

The Kingdom has enemies, which it will destroy.—Psalm 2:1, 2, 8, 9; 110:1, 2; 1 Corinthians 15:25, 26.

If the kingdom of God is in your hearts, might I ask what the "Good news of the kingdom" is must be preached in Matthew 24:14?
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 03:11 pm
@Smileyrius,
The kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven are different. The kingdom of God is inside you, where you label all your unclean spirits and kick them out.

Luke 17:20-23
20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
21 "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."
22 Then He said to the disciples, "The days will come when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it.
23 "And they will say to you, 'Look here!' or 'Look there!' Do not go after them or follow them.
(NKJ)