Which questions are possible to ask and what is the meaning of possible questions?

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 04:42 am
1. Past
When were you doing? When did you do? When had you done? When had you been doing?
2. Present
When do you do? When are you doing? When have you done? When have you been doing?
3. Future
When will you be doing? When will you do? When will you have done? When will you have been doing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 433 • Replies: 1
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 10:46 am
@CrazyYogin,
We'd say doing it, that, this, etc

Quote:
1. Past
When were you doing?
Span: I was doing it through February and March of 2002 but I might resume as early as next week

Quote:
When did you do?
Likely brief period: I ate that banana yesterday afternoon. If it was you who threw the peel at Mom, when did you do it

Quote:
When had you done?
Finish or cleanup: Last time, just before I left home two weeks ago. Times previous I had swept up the debris whenever time permitted

Quote:
When had you been doing?
An activity unlikely to be repeated: I had beat my wife briefly in 2001, then throughout 2007 when she finally died

Crazy this sort of thing can be very difficult, many of us resenting another's apparent homework. You might achieve more reply breaking your task into several smaller threads spaced a day or three apart

I will however transmit a link to my Better Half who is much smarter than I, and if she responds I will fwd any further comment

Good luck tho, I do admire your typical esl tenacity and determination, attention to detail and subtlety
0 Replies