The muscle hero's handwritting looks quite clumsy and crappy

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 05:37 pm
I actually did not know if Oristar's question was a quote or a personal opinion. While I like the threads, I don't always read them and so did not know how to take it. Region was correct. I wondered who said that.

I'm moderately interested in penmanship. I was well trained in strict ways and have done calligraphy, and have played with my version of asian marks, which are a kind of signature of some of my paintings because I like the beauty of the marks, but they are not copies, just my marks - and which pretty much no one will notice. I also have spent years drafting plans by hand and at least back then was adept, but not in comparison to some hand drawn plans I've seen from years past, not at all.

I don't like or hate Arnold, but I ran into him in a doorway once - we inhabited the same area for a while. I'm oddly pleased that he is this playful with his penmanship. I see it as a kind of amalgam between relatively careful and signature letters where he is expressive. I am guessing this has evolved over time.

Many signatures do loop de loops. This is more expressive within the text.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 05:51 pm
@ossobuco,
This probably brings up that playfulness in penmanship is not universally admired.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 09:04 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Gentlemen;
I have just received your note of the 4th instant, enclosing the prospectus of "the United States Magazine and Democratic review". I have read the prospectus with much interest, as I have long thought that ...
_______

anyone else want to do the next bit?

Cool!

such a work in the great duty of this ..., was much ...this work you will...

--------------
Well, I'm not familiar with Engish penmanship recognization.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 09:05 pm
@oristarA,
So then why are you complaining about it?
oristarA

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 09:53 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

So then why are you complaining about it?

Well, a bit of assumption and extrapolation is required here.
If Andrew Jackson was a little slower when writing, he could show us a clear and robust penmanship.
roger

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 10:25 pm
@oristarA,
Remember that it was Andrew Jackson who said, "I cannot respect a man who can only think of one way to spell a word". He has been my hero ever since I learned of that.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2013 11:41 am
"I have just received your note of the 4th instant, enclosing the prospectus of the [sic] `The United States Magazine and Democratic Review.' I have received the prospectus with much interest, as I have long thought such a work in the great city of the Union was much wanted; and as an evidence of approbation of the work, you will find me one of your subscribers."
0 Replies