Manhunt Going On In Watertown, Massachusetts Right Now

maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 07:12 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I work in software and know how facial recognition software works. I don't have low expectations for all technology, just for that one.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 08:37 am
FM, I think you're in the wrong thread. Did you intend to be here?

http://able2know.org/topic/213044-1
farmerman

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 08:50 am
@Roberta,
sorry, my puters been all fucked up lately, now all I can search with is BING. and I dont even know how it got there.
I was trying to post on the "coffeeshop" thread. Im not in Kansas anymore
JTT

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 01:49 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
i don't think anyone knew how dangerous the 19-year old was until the wee hours of friday morning.

Who do you consider to be more dangerous, Region?

Quote:
A second candidate for most extreme act of Mideast international terrorism in the peak year of 1985 is a car-bombing in Beirut on March 8 that killed 80 people and wounded 256. The bomb was placed outside a Mosque, timed to explode when worshippers left. "About 250 girls and women in flowing black chadors, pouring out of Friday prayers at the Imam Rida Mosque, took the brunt of the blast," Nora Boustany reported. The bomb also "burned babies in their beds," killed children "as they walked home from the mosque," and "devastated the main street of the densely populated" West Beirut suburb. The target was a Shi'ite leader accused of complicity in terrorism, but he escaped. The crime was organized by the CIA and its Saudi clients with the assistance of British intelligence. NOTE{Boustany, _Washington Post Weekly_, March 14, 1988; Bob Woodward, _Veil_ (Simon & Schuster, 1987, 396f.).}

http://www.chomsky.info/articles/200205--02.htm
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 01:52 pm
@farmerman,
It's been clear for some time just what a confused puppy you are, Farmer.
McTag

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 12:52 am
@JTT,

I think Farmerman is nice, and always worth reading.

I see the FBI are going to have to explain why they "lost" this suspect after receiving warnings about him.

I think the Boston administration should have to explain why they closed down the city, and the airspace around. They did exactly the wrong thing imho.
JTT

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 01:28 am
@McTag,
But Farmerman is a coward, McTag. And a fraud in some respects.

Quote:
I think the Boston administration should have to explain why they closed down the city, and the airspace around.

To whip the populace into a frenzy. That way it's easier to sell the war crimes and the terrorism. Look at the history of the US. That's how it's always been done.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 01:42 am
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23/boston-bombing-suspects-motive-afghanistan-iraq_n_3140547.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Boston Bombing Suspects Motivated By Afghanistan, Iraq Wars: Report

By Simon McCormack

The two suspects in the Boston bombing that killed three and injured more than 260 were motivated by the U.S. wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, officials told the Washington Post.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, "the 19-year-old suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings, has told interrogators that the American wars in Iraq and Afghanistan motivated him and his brother to carry out the attack," the Post writes, citing "U.S. officials familiar with the interviews."

The report comes one day after U.S. officials told the Associated Press that it was the religious beliefs of Tsarnaev and his older brother Tamerlan that fueled their alleged plot.

But if the officials who spoke to the Post are correct, the Boston bombing suspects would be the latest accused terrorists who have listed American interventions as their motive.

The Guardian's Glenn Greenwald has repeatedly argued that U.S. violence in other countries is what actually fuels terrorist attacks.

Greenwald frequently cites a Pentagon report finding that, "Muslims do not 'hate our freedom,' but rather, they hate our policies," including "American direct intervention in the Muslim world."

Greenwald also notes that this is one of the reasons mentioned by Osama Bin Laden as a justification for his support of violence against America.

Last year, convicted underwear bomber Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab argued that his attempt to blow up a U.S. airliner bound for Detroit on Christmas Day in 2009 was intended to avenge, "the attacks of the United States on Muslims."

The Boston Bombing took place just days after a deadly attack in Afghanistan killed 17 civilians, including 12 children, according to the New York Times. The Afghan government blames the C.I.A. for the attack, while the agency itself refused to comment.

=================

Duuuuhhh. This is a secret, that the attacks on the US for any other reason than the US's vicious treatment of people around the planet.

The article actually advances that absolutely ludicrous notion put forward by that idiot of idiots, George W Bush - "they hate our freedoms".

Please don't tell me that anyone fell for that utter crap. But one has to ask, what were y'all thinking was the reason for the attacks? Did it ever even cross your minds?
JPB

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 07:29 am
@JTT,
I said in a previous post somewhere that my first thoughts were that the attacks were done by a radical 2Aer or by nutcase teens/young adults who had played too many video games. If it was an islamist attack, then of course it was to avenge our foreign policies. My fear is that the haters will use this as another excuse to spread more hatred. It seems that's all they know.

We have no idea what it's like to be in a war zone. Other than Pearl Harbor (which was provoked so that Americans could get behind the war effort in WWII) we haven't known war on our soils since the mid-1800s. No one alive today remembers those days. The proxy wars of the Cold War era were always fought on other lands. We've insulated ourselves from the realities of war by making sure we send our young men and women to other places to kill and be killed.

I took notice when OBL stated his obsession with the WTC started when he saw the 6th US fleet assist with the bombings in Lebanon. He decided we should know the feeling of towers falling around us.

I love my country and the freedoms it affords me, just as I'm sure others love their country and the life it brings with it. I don't endorse killing innocent people to send a message, regardless who is doing it.
BillRM

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 07:43 am
@McTag,
Quote:
I think the Boston administration should have to explain why they closed down the city, and the airspace around. They did exactly the wrong thing imho.

Never knew that the city of Boston have the power to control the airspace around the city!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I see the FBI are going to have to explain why they "lost" this suspect after receiving warnings about him.

Lost him?????????

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 09:06 am
http://cbsboston.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/baumancorcoran.jpg?w=420&h=316

Jeff Bauman gives Sydney Corcoran a birthday gift.

Okay, Jeff Bauman has won the Internet. It's official.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 09:12 am
@JPB,
Oh please, don't start that Pearl Harbor bullshit. This issue is complex enough without dragging in idiot conspiracy theories.
JTT

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 10:25 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Oh please, don't start that Pearl Harbor bullshit. This issue is complex enough without dragging in idiot conspiracy theories.

It most assuredly is a conspiracy story, Set, and there's no theory to it. FDR conspired with others to take active steps to force Japan to attack the US. Japan sought to settle things by diplomatic means but the US knew what it wanted. It thought it would end up with all of SE Asia as its plunder.

FDR knew of the coming Japanese attack and he sacrificed the same thing US presidents have been more than willing to sacrifice, the dumb asses like you's treasure and lives. And why? Just to assure that US business interests could rape and pillage other lands and wealth.

This issue is not at all complex. People around the world are sick and tired of the viciousness that has marked America's engagement with the world since its inception.

What started out as a terrorist action against another imperialist government turned out to be the world's premier terrorist nation. The crimes of the US eclipse those of the Nazis. Had the Nazis had a longer run, they might have matched the US. As it is, they have fallen far short.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 10:33 am
@JPB,
Quote:
I said in a previous post somewhere that my first thoughts were that the attacks were done by a radical 2Aer

Who did you have in mind, JPB, Setanta maybe, or H2oman, Oralloy and the gun crew?

We have no idea what it's like to be in a war zone. Other than Pearl Harbor (which was provoked so that Americans could get behind the war effort in WWII) we haven't known war on our soils since the mid-1800s.

What happened in the mid-1800s?

Quote:
I don't endorse killing innocent people to send a message, regardless who is doing it.

I don't either. But we all know that unless y'all do a much better job of controlling your myriad terrorist and war criminal administrations, there is going to be more unnecessary bloodshed. And the saddest thing is that it's always innocents.

Consider how many times you have ever heard your friends, family and associates, how many times you have heard here at A2K, anyone stating the real reasons for attacks on the US. I venture that it's less than zero.

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 10:37 am
@JTT,
Given the choice, I'd prefer Farmerman's friendly confusion to JTT's in-your-face discussion methods.

They could be making the same points, but Farmerman doesn't immediately put people on the defensive so I'm more apt to put some thought into reading his posts while skimming over JTT's posts as just another of his rude screeds.

JTT would probably get more constructive responses and receptive discussion of his views if he were to dial back the taunting by several notches.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 10:59 am
@Butrflynet,
It is not at all clear to me that the tone of the heretical idea matters at all here. AGROTE for instance was very nice with his words but that did not prevent him from being the subject of hateful behavior.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 11:13 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

What happened in the mid-1800s?

We decided to shoot at each other for a while.

Quote:

Consider how many times you have ever heard your friends, family and associates, how many times you have heard here at A2K, anyone stating the real reasons for attacks on the US. I venture that it's less than zero.

You'd be wrong.
JTT

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 11:21 am
@JPB,
Quote:
We decided to shoot at each other for a while.

Ahhh, that completely escaped me. I was looking for troubles coming from a foreign source.

Note how the US has really never been threatened but y'all allow the "the US's national security is threatened" deceit to flow unimpeded.

Quote:
You'd be wrong.

I'm glad to hear that. As for A2K, I can't remember anyone.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 11:32 am
@Butrflynet,
Farmer's friendly confusion doesn't help to settle these difficult issues. He helps everyone to avoid them. Little wonder that most people want to take this easy road. It's just not a very moral position.

I can look past the rudeness of anyone, Setanta, H20man, Cjsah [??], even a Farmer, BFN, when the issues are so vitally important. Some awfully nasty things are said about me. That doesn't stop the facts from flowing.

Quote:
JTT would probably get more constructive responses and receptive discussion of his views if he were to dial back the taunting by several notches.

These aren't my views!!! They are the facts. No one discounts these facts because they can't. And to divert from these facts by throwing up these smokescreens is not at all helpful, BFN.

Focus on the millions dead, the millions whose lives are ruined, the murdered children, the children born deformed, the war crimes, the terrorism. What I do is unimportant and to use it as an excuse to avoid reality is is is, ... a good description escapes me.
JTT

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 11:54 am
Quote:
The man who found Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev hiding in his boat—a boat subsequently riddled with bullets during a dramatic standoff with police—doesn't want donations for a new one. Instead, the Watertown, Mass., resident would like the money to go to the marathon's victims.

"They lost limbs," David Henneberry told Boston's WCVB-TV. "I lost a boat."

He doesn't realize the propaganda value that he's stealing from y'all. He's downright unpatriotic is what he is.

"a boat subsequently riddled with bullets during a dramatic standoff with police"

"dramatic", WTF is dramatic about a bunch of trigger happy idiots shooting the hell out of a guy's boat for no good reason.

WTF is dramatic about a bunch of trigger happy idiots shooting the hell out of a SUSPECT?

Were these cops or did they send BillRM, Cjhsa and h2oman out?
0 Replies