Manhunt Going On In Watertown, Massachusetts Right Now

Below viewing threshold (view)
jespah

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 07:02 am
Talk about opening up a running center, possibly in Hopkinton.
http://www.boston.com/yourtown/hopkinton/2013/04/27/push-for-running-center-revived/BJU4t0qe2EGPvSMuoxczeK/story.html

Martin Richard remembered by his Little League team.
http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/04/27/martin-remembered-his-little-league-team-opening-day/1ZfYt6m5fSmjc8AKcH7VYL/story.html
JTT

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 10:31 am
@jespah,
Do any of you know the name of just one of the half million children the US murdered with the embargo of the 1990s, Jespah?

Do you know the name of just one of the kids that have been born deformed from US WMDs in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Iraq, Afghanistan, ... ?

Any memorials planned for any of them?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 11:40 am
@Miller,
Not surprised since so many of them are overweight, which just proves they are essentially Average Joes and not hardened, elite warriors. But then they don't need to be warriors and they should be, essentially, just Average Joes with the proper amount of training to properly perform a difficult job.

There was nothing particularly heroic about the actions of the police, but heroism wasn't required. Professionalism was, and it appears that wasn't uniformly present. They have a very tough job though and I won't take pot shots at them (no pun intended).

They weren't asked to respond to a 9/11. They had the Boston Marathon Bombing. I doubt that pre-9/11 the NYC police would have behaved much differently than the Boston police did, but I'm sure that now they would. They learned from 9/11 the way London police learned from bombings in their city.

Boston police will learn too.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 07:24 pm
Ron Paul, in a posting on the website of a libertarian activist, accused US law enforcement of 'a military-style occupation of an American city' in its response to the Boston bombing

Quote:
Former GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul has slammed US law enforcement for responding to the Boston Marathon bombing with “police state tactics.”
In a post on the website of libertarian activist Lew Rockwell, Mr. Paul said Monday that the governmental reaction to the tragic explosions was worse than the attack itself. The forced lockdown of much of the Boston area, police riding armored vehicles through the streets, and door-to-door searches without warrants were all reminiscent of a military coup or martial law, Paul added.
“The Boston bombing provided the opportunity for the government to turn what should have been a police investigation into a military-style occupation of an American city,” according to Paul.

Furthermore, this response did not result in the capture of suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Paul charged. He was discovered hiding in a boat by a private citizen, who called police.
“And he was identified not by government surveillance cameras, but by private citizens who willingly shared their photographs with the police,” Paul wrote on Lew Rockwell’s site.

http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-slams-boston-police-gone-too-far-170321289.html

exactly
George

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 08:14 pm
" . . . the governmental reaction to the tragic explosions was worse than
the attack itself. . . "

I know some people being fitted for artificial limbs who might dispute that.
JTT

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 09:45 pm
@George,
Quote:

Or not.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 10:41 pm
@George,
Another story has medical staff saying that the perp had lost a great deal of blood and was drifting in and out. But the police dicked around for hours to including shooting " flash bangs" at him before collecting him and getting him medical help. Was this incompetence are was it rather sadism?

How about the putting him into cuffs...does this make any sense? ****, he was already in great amounts of pain according to the medical staff, wasent that good enough for the cops?
BillRM

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 11:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
Let see they did not know if he had more bombs on him or even a suicide vest on him, next he ran over his own brother to get away and took part in throwing bombs at the police and killing one cop and wounding another.

So they should had treated him like a minor criminal and gone up to that boat with cuffs?
BillRM

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 11:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Ron Paul, in a posting on the website of a libertarian activist, accused US law enforcement of 'a military-style occupation of an American city' in its response to the Boston bombing

The police do like to play soldiers more then is needed to say the least but in this case with two very ruthless killers who had harm hundreds and kill a number of others including a police officer armed with bombs I think that they had a damn good reason for their actions.
JTT

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 11:28 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
including a police officer armed with bombs

What a dumb idea, putting bombs in the hands of a bunch of idiots that shot up houses, cars and boats. BANANA REPUBLIC!!
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 04:35 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Quote:
Or not.
Seriously? I am talking about people I know.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 05:45 am
I looked up what Ron Paul actually wrote. He wrote "This unprecedented
move should frighten us as much or more than the attack itself." He did
not write that the response was worse than the attack itself. I may not
agree entirely with that statement but it's a hell of a lot better than
writer's interpretation of it in the original article.
JTT

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 08:00 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
So they should had treated him like a minor criminal

Y'all treat thousands of Americans who have been much much worse criminals/terrorists/war criminals as fine upstanding citizens. You give them pensions, name warships, airports after them.

You keep popping up, Bill, screaming, "I'm an American hypocrite. I'm one of millions and millions of American hypocrites, including virtually every one of our politicians, at every level.

What the hell is wrong with you people?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 10:29 am
@George,
George wrote:

I looked up what Ron Paul actually wrote. He wrote "This unprecedented
move should frighten us as much or more than the attack itself." He did
not write that the response was worse than the attack itself. I may not
agree entirely with that statement but it's a hell of a lot better than
writer's interpretation of it in the original article.

That is interesting because two of my common themes are the fall of American journalism and the rise of the American police state.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 11:21 am
@George,
3 more arrested.
JTT

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 11:31 am
@jespah,
Did they shut down Boston again, or did they do the whole state this time?
George

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 11:58 am
@JTT,
They shut down New Bedford.
Nobody noticed.
rosborne979

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 12:18 pm
@George,
George wrote:

They shut down New Bedford.
Nobody noticed.

Hahahahaha Smile That was good.
(people not familiar with New Bedford may not get it though)
jespah

Reply Thu 2 May, 2013 06:03 am
@rosborne979,
That made me laugh.