Manhunt Going On In Watertown, Massachusetts Right Now

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 07:15 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

my office has always taken pride in being open for business 24/7, regardless of hurricanes, floods, blizzards, ect.

as of 8:00am, they are in "lockdown" mode until further notice...

Slackers! Rolling Eyes

Wink
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 07:28 am
@tsarstepan,
Derek Thompson @DKThomp wrote:

4m

Boston Police to Twitter: Stop making up fake Twitter accounts, stop tweeting our scanner, stop telling people where we're going.
Retweeted by Daily Intelligencer
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 07:29 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

dear SoccerGeorge, thinking of your kids and everyone else's kids and loved ones in the area

Yes
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 07:35 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BINh9RlCYAAXhxK.jpg:large

Arsenal Mall, right across the Charles from us...
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 07:40 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIN8_AiCEAAkmRQ.jpg:large
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 07:57 am
@Region Philbis,
The last time I saw a queue like that was when the donut manager lost his shop keys!
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 08:07 am
@Lordyaswas,
Gunter Ollmann @gollmann wrote:

1h

CNN breaking news "We see a dog, it is barking. It could be a K9 unit. We don't know. It is a dog." < can't make this stuff up.
Retweeted by michael

CNN needs to just quit. Turn off its cable broadcast indefinitely and apologize for it's incompetence.
Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 08:08 am
According to the live feed from WBZ Channel 4, an uncle to these boys said they don't deserve to live on this earth, and when told one had been killed he said he deserved it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 08:14 am
WBZ reports that a car was pulled over, the police questioned the driver, then took him out of the car, cuffed him and put him a a police van. That was on the outskirts of Brighton.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 08:15 am
Connecticut State Police are looking for a gray Honda CRV, Mass. plates 316 ES9. The driver is a "person of interest" in the bombing investigation.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 08:15 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

The "mobiles" are shut down. People in the U.S. generally call them cell phones

And so what? In the UK, "cells" are what we put prisoners in, and what blood and flesh are made of. Mobiles are what we carry around to make phone calls with. See - I can do condescending quotes too. Prick.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 08:16 am
According to WBZ, the father of the current fugitive describes him as angel.
Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 08:20 am
Interesting interview with a former classmate of the fugitive suspect--this kid said that he was just a regular guy, that they didn't know he was foreign because he spoke unaccented English. He was said to have been popular, socializing normally as one would expect of a high school student. The kid said that he ans his brother "dropped off the radar" about a year ago.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 08:21 am
@Setanta,
Every person I've heard who knew this kid describes him the same way: a great kid, nice, popular, nothing weird about him. It's very strange.

It seems unimaginable to have an entire city on lockdown.

Stay safe, Boston!
Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 08:21 am
The vehicle sought by the Connecticut State Police has been found in Cambridge. The suspect's uncle (who lives in Maryland) says that the two have been in the United States since 2000 or 2001.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 08:24 am
@boomerang,
A police spokesman has said that "normal, nice guy" describes most such suspects before they take action. I'm listening to an interview of their uncle sho lives in the United States right now.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 08:24 am
@boomerang,
Quote:
It seems unimaginable to have an entire city on lockdown

That is the cost and the benefit in asymmetric "warfare".
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 08:28 am
The Honda which had been the subject of the Connecticut APB was registered to the older brother (now deceased). To repeat, it was found in Cambridge.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 08:29 am
I am getting nothing done this morning.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 08:37 am

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x336/RegionPhilbis/HapGil_zps5a91796c.jpg
0 Replies