Oil painting artist, do you know?

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 02:18 pm
I have a painting that I received years & years ago and I love it but don't know anything about it. The signature is B Garber and the e looks like a Z.
There is a well dressed couple walking down a street in oil.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,373 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 02:25 pm
Unless you post a picture and a close-up of the signature, you should not ask for help here. It's just not fair.
Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 06:27 pm
Theres a Connecticut plein aire impressionist named DANIEL GARBER. He died in the 1950's I think.
Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 06:39 pm
I thought plen aire artists used chalk, pencil, watercolors or acrylics, since it is done outside and quite fast.

OP said B. gerbe(?)r
Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2013 12:13 am
OP said "e" looked like a "Z", and it was Garber.

plein air can be done with any medium. Lots of oils that the local landscapists did outdoors.

Redfield used to freeze his ass off to getr snow scenes just right and he would thin his oils out beforehand.
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » Oil painting artist, do you know?
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/18/2021 at 08:13:22