IFC's TEN NEW TITANS OF FILM Series

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 05:05 pm
Hope everyone gets the Independent Film Channel -- I can't imagine doing without it (it's now at no extra charge on my cable). This new series is a must see for an film buff:

Ten New Titans of Film on IFC
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,059 • Replies: 7
No top replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 08:25 pm
I love IFC and dont get to watch it enough, busy times of the year actually tend to forget its on, which drives me nuts!
Going to see the Titans...always seem to forget they can email you reminders as well.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 08:28 pm
Ive already seen a couple, theres a few I already wanted to see, and a few others look interesting..thanks for the info.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 11:39 am
Blood Guts Bullets & Octane, definately different. Well, similarities to a couple of films I enjoy but still, some bits of comical diatribe and and interesting ending.

High Art was very enjoyable. I applaude Allys performance and thought the film a definate Titan.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 12:26 pm
Unfortunately, I don't get IFC (After more than a year of squabling between the cable company and my landlord, my building is finally having the cable upgrade needed for my receiving it); however living in Manhattan, I have had the opportunity to see all of the listed films. It is interesting that even though it is a directors' series, these films have brought actresses such as Hilary Swank and Heather Matarazzo up from near obscurity, and also brought Ally Sheedy back from self exile.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 07:58 pm
Glad to hear you have seen the films, and I agree regarding it being a directors series but having so much more to offer.
Hope that once you are able to get IFC you enjoy it a great deal, it is a nice channel to have.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 08:01 pm
"High Art" is the high point of the series. "Pi" is imaginative and has some contrived devices that didn't click with me but I did enjoy the film. These were all first efforst, I believe, and the directors have all gone on to make more films or are making them. It's good to see new auteur talent.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 08:27 pm
Good to hear they are making more, I only expect some grea things to come of it.
I was certainly blown away by "High Art" and can only hope for some further great efforts.
0 Replies