What is the best quality usb flash drive?

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 12:51 pm
I need a flash drive anywhere from 8-32gigs. However, I need one that is EXTREMELY reliable. I have now had two usb flash drives fail on me in the past few months. Price is not an issue; I just need something that will not fail. Speed is not a huge concern although I don't want a super slow drive. Reliability is by far the most important concern.
Any Recommendations?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,317 • Replies: 7

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 01:27 pm
@mariasmith,
Start here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/usb-flash-drives/
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 02:49 pm
@mariasmith,
Maria I'm not even sure what makes a flash drive different from a dull drive. However I have several sources including my aerospace No. 1 Son whom I can query so if But above didn't help I hope to get back to you
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 07:00 pm
@dalehileman,
Dale, please spend his valuable time giving you computer/internet lessons.
Frankshines

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 08:43 am
@mariasmith,
It really depends on what your needs are. For example, if you want to use the flash drive as a promotional item with your own logo, text or website address imprinted on it then you may not need a very expensive, high quality, high capacity flash drive. Many of small business clients want only a 512mb to 2 GB flash drive that they give away for promo purposes. On the other hand, people from studio animation market, the video media and flight school video markets that require lots of capacity and speed. So in this case, expensive, high quality usb drives are critical. This is especially true if you are seeking to run and application or a video directly from the flash drive vs. using the flash drive to transfer data to a computer where you will run a software application or video.
We only deal with Tier 1 memory quality USB flash drives from Micron, Toshiba and Samsung to prevent the possibility of poor quality refurbished usb drives that are inherently less reliable. Our flash drives have a limited lifetime 10 year warranty based on an estimated number of read/writes, which will degrade the flash drive performance and reliability over time.
0 Replies

bulkflashdrive

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 05:08 am
@mariasmith,
This is good question, its to be important when you buying new flash drive the its to be take a more inquiry about that. Last week i was purchasing bulk flash drives from usa. and now i am fine because these are so good and giving some warrenty about that thanks..
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 10:39 am
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Dale, please spend his valuable time giving you computer/internet lessons.
Nah he ignores me most of the time
...don't blame him

But didja know But, that it's also called "pen drive"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/flash+drive?r=66
0 Replies

sophiagrace

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2015 12:16 am
@mariasmith,
I prefer to buy kingston or transcend pen drive.
0 Replies