How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Romeo Fabulini

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 09:56 am
It's great that atheists should badmouth organised religions and cults, I do it myself all the time..Smile
But what I can't understand is why many atheists attack Jesus at the same time??
He's the greatest org rel basher and cultbuster of them all!

"You snooty priests are full of ****! Saucy Sal and her girl chums are better than you!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Jesus-v-snoots.gif~original

Jesus said-“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean....The prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you" (Matt 23:27,Matt 21:31)
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 06:17 pm
@Wilso,
It sounds like Dusty is saying, "in the video at about 6 minute 15 seconds that people like Bill Gates is speaking for Jesus."
0 Replies

Wilso

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 06:31 pm
Jesus ruins everything

http://youtu.be/noIM6B6trT8
chai2

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 07:20 pm
@Wilso,
I've tried to listen to Dusty's videos before, but he's just too damn loud.

He could get his point across, and be a lot funny, if he wasn't yelling at the top of his voice.
Romeo Fabulini

Sun 23 Feb, 2014 09:20 am
When atheists tear into organised religion I'm rooting for them all the way and think "GO GO GO!", but when they start tearing into Jesus I think "What the hell for?".
I mean, Jesus was a nice guy so it makes no sense to knock him too does it?
Wilso

Sun 23 Feb, 2014 12:06 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

When atheists tear into organised religion I'm rooting for them all the way and think "GO GO GO!", but when they start tearing into Jesus I think "What the hell for?".

Actually, he's a myth. A worldwide game of Chinese whispers, that you pathetically take part in, because you 're so scared of the truth. That like everyone else, you're alone in the universe. Your birth was an accident, and the only thing that will happen when you die, is that you'll be dead. Religion is nothing but a crutch for frightened little minds unable to deal with that fact. Deep down, you're essentially a snivelling ******* coward.
Frank Apisa

Sun 23 Feb, 2014 12:12 pm
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:

Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Actually, he's a myth. A worldwide game of Chinese whispers, that you pathetically take part in, because you 're so scared of the truth. That like everyone else, you're alone in the universe. Your birth was an accident, and the only thing that will happen when you die, is that you'll be dead. Religion is nothing but a crutch for frightened little minds unable to deal with that fact. Deep down, you're essentially a snivelling ******* coward.

I don't know, Wilso...I hear as much unnecessary and unwarranted guessing in what you said here...as I hear in Romeo's posts.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 23 Feb, 2014 12:53 pm
Quote:
Wilso said: Actually, he [Jesus] is a myth...Your birth was an accident, and the only thing that will happen when you die, is that you'll be dead. Religion is nothing but a crutch for frightened little minds unable to deal with that fact. Deep down, you're essentially a snivelling ******* coward

You got one thing right mate, I was an unwanted baby so my birth WAS an accident, my parents had to have a shotgun wedding because i was on the way..Smile
As for Jesus being a myth, nah, thousands of people saw and heard him strutting his stuff, you'll be telling us Buddha, Mohammed and Elvis were myths next!
Jesus was one tough cookie so it's only natural that we should want to be in his gang..Smile
"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Peter 1:18 )

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/wild-one-gangA_zps7ca5f064.jpg~original
0 Replies

Wilso

Sun 23 Feb, 2014 01:06 pm
Goodbye loser
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 23 Feb, 2014 01:40 pm
Quote:
Wilso said: Goodbye loser

You talking to me mate, or are you talking to yourself?
Hey, your profile says you're an electrician so why don't you plug yourself into God to get some REAL power?..Smile
"Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power" (Ephesians 6:10)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jesus-power_zpsb8111c12.jpg~original
tontoiam

Sun 23 Feb, 2014 03:50 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Aren't you and wilso the same person?
Wilso

Sun 23 Feb, 2014 05:54 pm
@tontoiam,
tontoiam wrote:

Aren't you and wilso the same person?

If you'd seen any the thousands of posts I've made in the 12 years (on and off), that I've been involved in this site, you'd see how ridiculous that statement is.
0 Replies

neologist

Sun 23 Feb, 2014 06:05 pm
@tontoiam,
Shocked Laughing Mr. Green

Spitting coffee thru nose!
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 23 Feb, 2014 06:26 pm
@chai2,
Dusty has an annoying voice, an annoying, strident delivery, and what he has to say is not news to anyone who has studied organized religion. I don't much care for him, myself, but he probably is a revelation to a lot of people.
reasoning logic

Wed 26 Feb, 2014 06:11 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
I don't much care for him, myself, but he probably is a revelation to a lot of people.

I think you are correct, I found him to be very logical but he does come across in a way that I would not want to. I guess revelations can come in different ways.

This is new to me and maybe some of you might find it interesting. It is so far the simplest explanation of pragmatism I have seen yet.
I have not seen all the parts yet but I can tell you to skip part 2 because it repeats part 1

I bet Frank will love it

tontoiam

Wed 26 Feb, 2014 06:49 pm
@reasoning logic,
Hi baby I missed you.
tontoiam

Wed 26 Feb, 2014 06:50 pm
@tontoiam,
Shocked
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 06:08 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
I don't much care for him, myself, but he probably is a revelation to a lot of people.

I think you are correct, I found him to be very logical but he does come across in a way that I would not want to. I guess revelations can come in different ways.

This is new to me and maybe some of you might find it interesting. It is so far the simplest explanation of pragmatism I have seen yet.
I have not seen all the parts yet but I can tell you to skip part 2 because it repeats part 1

I bet Frank will love it

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkOZ4IyAbNA[/youtube]

Although I do not ususallyt view these things, I actually tried to view this one...but gave up after seeing that he had not said anything after 30 seconds.

If the script is written somewhere, I'd be happy to read it.

Good seeing ya, RL.
Wilso

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 06:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Although I do not ususallyt view these things, I actually tried to view this one...but gave up after seeing that he had not said anything after 30 seconds.

I did exactly the same
0 Replies

neologist

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 11:08 am
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:
. . . the only thing that will happen when you die, is that you'll be dead. . .
OMG! You agree with the Bible! - Psalm 146:4
0 Replies