How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Wilso

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 01:25 pm
In the course of human history roughly 3000 dieties have been worshipped. What's most likely? That they are all wrong, or they're all wrong except for the one that you happen to believe in? (reply to noone in particular)
neologist

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 03:22 pm
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:
In the course of human history roughly 3000 dieties have been worshipped. What's most likely? That they are all wrong, or they're all wrong except for the one that you happen to believe in? (reply to noone in particular)
Hmm!
The true God is the true God whether you worship him or not.
reasoning logic

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 03:25 pm
@neologist,
What if there is no God at all, does your rule still apply?
Romeo Fabulini

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 03:32 pm
Quote:
Wilso said: In the course of human history roughly 3000 dieties have been worshipped. What's most likely? That they are all wrong, or they're all wrong except for the one that you happen to believe in?

2,999 of them are just mickey-mouse beliefs because they don't have Jesus the Son of God Himself at their nuclear core!
God pokes fun at them..Smile
"Like a scarecrow in a melon patch, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do no harm nor can they do any good." (Jeremiah 10:5)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Scarecrow.gif~original
neologist

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 03:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
What if there is no God at all, does your rule still apply?
It's not 50/50 odds.
NSFW (view)
NSFW (view)
reasoning logic

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 04:08 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
It's not 50/50 odds.

What are these odds you speak of with certainty of not being 50/50
0 Replies

neologist

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 04:14 pm
@Wilso,
You do realize the inverse correlation between obscene personal attack and intelligence, do you not?

Oh, that's right. I forgot.
NSFW (view)
Calamity Dal

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 04:45 pm
@Wilso,
classy.
Frank Apisa

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 04:48 pm
@Calamity Dal,
Calamity Dal wrote:

classy.

Amazing, isn't it. This thread has really gone into the dumpster.
0 Replies

neologist

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 05:15 pm
@Wilso,
Point made
NSFW (view)
NSFW (view)
Romeo Fabulini

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 06:05 pm
I dunno why atheists don't like Jesus. How can anybody NOT like him?
I mean, there he was, just a young 30-year-old dood waltzing into the great temple and telling the snooty old fart priests-

"You're full of ****!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Jesus-v-snoots.gif~original
(“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean"-Matt 23:27)
0 Replies

neologist

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 10:00 pm
@reasoning logic,
Wilso has exacting standards.
0 Replies

tontoiam

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 11:51 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

There is no right answer.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 3 Feb, 2014 12:42 am
Which is the right religion?
Here's a little clue..Wink-

Christianity has Jesus the Son of God himself as its central core.
Islam - doesn't
Judaism - doesn't
Sikhism - doesn't
Buddhism - doesn't
Hinduism - doesn't
Spiritism - doesn't
Bahai - doesn't
Jainism - doesn't
Shinto - doesn't
Taoism - doesn't
Zoroastanism - doesn't
Paganism - doesn't
Rastafarianism - doesn't
Scientology - doesn't
Chinese traditional - doesn't
African tribal - doesn't
Cao Dai - doesn't
Tenrikyo - doesn't
New Age - doesn't
Unitarian - doesn't
Native American - doesn't
Fairy-worshipping cults etc - don't
tontoiam

Mon 3 Feb, 2014 01:07 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
religion is a waste of time?
i get so sick of people saying "praise jsus" and "you need to start worshiping". its a serious waste of time. does anyone feel the same way? i dont understand how people can just devote they're lives to something that isnt real. its OK to believe in God. but keep it to yourself. i dont mind anyone who goes to church or prays or w/e. but its when they tell you to praise him, or they try to push you to start going to church. they try to "convert you to the religious life". and it annoys me.

Best Answer (Chosen by Asker)

Yes, it's not only a waste of time, it's a waste of one's life.

Asker's Rating: 

appreciate you agreeing with me.

Other Answers (13)

Im kinda with you. You don't believe in God because you probably werent raised in a catholic family. I believe in god because I am from a catholic family. It is really nobodys fault if they do or do not believe in god, its just they way they were taaght. I fthere is actually a god, none of us really know until we die i guess.

You're completely right. And on top of that, religious people don't really think about things that much, since they actually think they already have the "meaning of life" all figured out. And anyway, they generally do not live up to their beliefs anyway - so why bother with it at all?

I agree , the same with homosexuals, they always have to make a big noise about it, I have never seen a rally of heterosexual ... just live and let it be seems the right thing to do ain't it ?

Religious people get a kick out of their sense of community and a belief they are part of something bigger than themselves, so for them it isn't. I don't share that belief but I can see what they get out of it

dont tell me im wasting my time. its my time. why is it that everytime a nonbeliever talks about what christians say or do theyre never talking about me? im a christian but im nothing like u say.

Religion is all the negativity you can ever get in life.

Dump the religion and follow your consciousness.

Yes, it is. What's your point? It annoys me too when they do that shyte. I just tell them to piss off.

Amen, brother

By your definition, I am wasting my life.

No. Religion is THE waste of time.

Thank you.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110719054050AAKvfeB
0 Replies