How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

reasoning logic

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 04:43 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Why would anyone care to "be sure that all religions are wrong?"

This is just an exercise in how people view the validity of religion . I enjoy hearing how other people respond to such questions.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4772139092476506&pid=15.1
Setanta

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 04:54 am
@reasoning logic,
That represents the height of your rhetorical skills. For you, it doesn't get any better than that.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 05:06 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
My point is not to try to validate you or anyone is a closet murderer...but that it is always beliefs, and not about what we can validate empirically...

You sure do like beliefs, what I have a hard time understanding is how people can believe things that are not testable in any way.
imans

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 05:21 am
@reasoning logic,
bc the belief concern exclusively creations, that creator is superior to truth and the reason of positive ends, that creators win always over rights and objective values
it is the philosophy source to negative values as the principal tool for creations life powers
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 05:27 am
@reasoning logic,
Good morning RL... How did you sleep last night?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 05:38 am
@imans,
..................good morning imans, how did you sleep last night? 2 Cents..................
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 05:38 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Good morning RL... How did you sleep last night?

I slept well and you? Good morning to you as well. Razz
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 06:00 am
@reasoning logic,
I slept good mate...thanks for asking...am glad that baseball starts today...going to a family breakfast in about 2 hours...
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 01:45 pm
@reasoning logic,
Setanta's assessment above is dead on. You use vague, mostly meaningless, statements to evade criticism in a transparent attempt to make your silly points without risk. Credibility once gone is gone forever.
reasoning logic

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 01:58 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Setanta's assessment above is dead on. You use vague, mostly meaningless, statements to evade criticism in a transparent attempt to make your silly points without risk. Credibility once gone is gone forever.

I find it cool that you have found a mentor in setanta and I wish you the best of luck.

How well do you think you understand parts of history?

I find flaws in this video and was wondering if you did as well. I think that the people who made it were not trying to mislead but rather made mistakes like the rest of us.

Would you be kind and share the flaws that you see in this video?

0 Replies

rosborne979

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 02:56 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
"How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?"

How can we be sure the sun will rise in the morning, or that our breakfast cereal won't magically turn into diamonds over night, or that dogs won't start to talk? We don't know anything for certain, but for all functional purposes we treat particular assumptions as a certainty. It is by the same methodology that we can determine that all religions (assuming common definitions of "religion") are wrong.

Moreover, I would suggest that it is inconsistent and irrational to conduct your entire physical life by following the methodology of naturalism (which almost everyone does for mere survival), but then to completely ignore that same methodology when considering "God".
reasoning logic

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 03:25 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
We don't know anything for certain, but for all functional purposes we treat particular assumptions as a certainty. It is by the same methodology that we can determine that all religions (assuming common definitions of "religion") are wrong.

Maybe you are correct and we can't be sure of somethings but I am almost certain that you shared the wisest post yet in this thread. Cool
Looking4Truth

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 09:28 pm
@rosborne979,
I am certain of God due to common sence. Most people cannot say this, but God has proven himself to me. It's impossable for the creator of all things (the no thing) to show his existance when he doesn't exsist. The creator of exsistance created exsistance, therefore isn't apart of exsistance. God does not exsits, but is real, but not in reality Wink. Those who look for signs of "Him", which not is, will not find him. We may think we are, yet we are not. Things, all things, are not what they appear to be. We are asleep Wink. Dead! GONE! LONG GONE!

It will be okaaayyyy!

He is, although he isn't (to us). We will be, although we are not.

We are to return to where we came from.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 31 Mar, 2013 09:34 pm
If the hamster screened for intelligent questions, this one never would have made it.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Mon 1 Apr, 2013 02:32 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Well wasn't God created in the image of man and isn't it less complex than all of creation or in my case being an atheist "existence"?

But, what is the point of programming, like sheep? We are born with a mind of our own to choose.

Quote:
What would be so wrong with having a bible in your head that everyone else acknowledges and have the free will to ignore it if you chose? I would rather have a God that I did not have to doubt than one who makes me wonder if a God could even exist.

We doubt everything in life, then we believe and it's based on being proven different.. Love for instance, people are used, abused and then find it, love. Eventually. You make it sound as if everything should be easy in life, it's not, it never has been and it never will be...

Everything in life is a test. Can you succeed? Or do you go into a hole.

Can you give love to an animal un-conditionally, or can you give it when you feel like it.

It sounds as if you want a way out sorry, but it does... If only it was given to me on a plate then I don't have to make choices.

Everything also is about, choices........
reasoning logic

Wed 3 Apr, 2013 12:49 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
But, what is the point of programming, like sheep? We are born with a mind of our own to choose.

Well I can see your point to a degree but most of the things about us we did not choose but have been chosen for us by other factors such as sociological currents and the wiring of or brains so to speak.

imans

Wed 3 Apr, 2013 03:34 am
@reasoning logic,
the mind is not ur brain condition, like here how did u get to point clearly that ur condition is not ur choice>? bc urself mind is that being u r through living out of ur own opinions
the only thing in ur reply is what u dont say, how u mean to keep ur mind free profits of everything objectively around urself being, and never would u seek to realize ur own self mind for urself objective constant realities with all else
reasoning logic

Wed 3 Apr, 2013 06:26 pm
@imans,
Quote:
the mind is not ur brain condition, like here how did u get to point clearly that ur condition is not ur choice>? bc urself mind is that being u r through living out of ur own opinions

So if I had a severely mentally retarded brain my mind would still be intact as it is today?

Sure I seem to think that I have some free will but I do think that it is limited.

JLNobody

Wed 3 Apr, 2013 10:24 pm
@reasoning logic,
I can't resist rewriting the title of this thread. Instead of convincing ourselves that all religions are wrong the task should be to determine if any one (or more) is right.
0 Replies

imans

Thu 4 Apr, 2013 01:38 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:

So if I had a severely mentally retarded brain my mind would still be intact as it is today?

Sure I seem to think that I have some free will but I do think that it is limited.

n u call urself logical ...see how ur free will is huge ???

so a dead body is the proof that humans are fake livings???

u reason in terms of opposites which is opposed to reason references, as if u create ur own justifications according to urself will and it is the mark of evil livings ways

so.. mister crap if my brain is mentally retarded im disable then to realize myself out of everything reality, so it is impossible to get a mind base

and the more free will is limited the more freedom is true, free sense is not a candy that can b provided or given

what matter is the opposite, force and else destructions wills like u here clearly want so u could b the only constant reference for everything possibly existing, too easy of course to live that way, but more easy to kill u and send u to hell forever too