How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Ragman

Sat 8 May, 2021 06:33 am
@Leadfoot,
He is a One-trick pony that seems to think that repeatedly mixing in posting Boolean tables into a discussion about philosophy elevates him or the discussion. Frankly, it doesn’t and by constantly doing so it broadcasts his lack of understanding. Worse, it’s quite boring.
Jasper10

Sat 8 May, 2021 08:20 am
@Leadfoot,
I’m fascinated in many things Leadfoot.

Present day philosophy is based upon 0,1... and 1,0 logic ...good is bad and bad is good and don’t we all know it...It is so ingrained within us.A half logic that may be true or it may not be true...which is EXACTLY the same for 0,0...1,1 logic of good is good and bad is bad.

I’m not saying this Leadfoot ....LOGIC is !!!

People might be bored of hearing it but it has always been the case and always will be.

The biological reasoning machine says so.

0 Replies

Jasper10

Sat 8 May, 2021 08:23 am
@Ragman,
Come on then Ragman....where is my philosophy wrong?

You need to back up your insults with reasons why so everyone can see if they agree with you or me...
Jasper10

Sat 8 May, 2021 11:04 am
@Jasper10,
The philosophy of good is bad and bad is good is based on the reasoning that as good and bad cannot be defined then they must be the same..A laughable philosophy based solely on an ASSUMPTION.

0 Replies

Jasper10

Sat 8 May, 2021 11:33 pm
@Leadfoot,
Your consciousness state does “toggle” ...all the time Leadfoot...you are just not AWARE of it....why?......because you are a “prisoner of consciousness” .

As you are a “prisoner of consciousness” you have no CONTROL.

This is just how it is I’m afraid....Are you listening Ragman?
NoName77

Sun 9 May, 2021 09:56 am
@Jasper10,
We are all "beings". What does it mean to "be"? Ahh, to come into agreement with and to adopt the Idea as ones Self. We can choose to "be" other than we are, in any state, but to do so presents as a fire. Depending how many other agreements are reliant upon this one agreement, it may present as quite the furnace. But, if we have Fire, we are told by the Philosophers of old, to "make fire afraid of Fire". It is a fire, indeed. But once Subjection occurs, once the Serpent has devoured the other/s, the Fire can "go before you and prepare your way". One only needs Fire and Water Wink
NoName77

Sun 9 May, 2021 09:59 am
@NoName77,
Well, Fire, Air, Water and Earth.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Mon 10 May, 2021 12:32 am
@NoName77,
If we don’t become CONSCIOUSLY AWARE of the fact that we do “toggle” between consciousness types then we will never come into the understanding/awareness of the need to CONTROL the “toggling”.If we have no CONTROL then we are CONTROLLED.
Jasper10

Mon 10 May, 2021 12:40 am
@Jasper10,
Manual and Autopilot are established consciousness types...we are NOT these consciousness types.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Mon 10 May, 2021 06:04 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
....seems to think that repeatedly mixing in posting Boolean tables into a discussion about philosophy elevates him or the discussion. Frankly, it doesn’t and by constantly doing so it broadcasts his lack of understanding. Worse, it’s quite boring.

I do think Being a bore is one of the bigger sins.

But what bothers me the most is, if in fact he sees the obvious undeniable truth of existence in his 'truth tables', then why does he keep going on about 'hope is all we have.'? He negates the very logic that he advocates. He becomes his dreaded 1 = 0.
Jasper10

Mon 10 May, 2021 07:43 am
@Leadfoot,
Haha..LOL...this stuff isn't boring if you get it.......different!!.......but certainly not boring...All sciences are interconnected...why wouldn't they be?.....I don't do the boring stuff anymore....I mean the out of date 0,1..1,0 logic/philosophy stuff as one can't definitely prove it to be true...that is why one has to consider 0,0...1,1 logic possibilities as well.You might not think it matters but it does!!!

Jasper10

Mon 10 May, 2021 07:50 am
@Jasper10,
Good is Good and Bad is Bad is DIFFERENT to Good is Bad and Bad is Good.
Jasper10

Mon 10 May, 2021 08:02 am
@Jasper10,
What is your philosophy for Good is Good and Bad is Bad? It carries equal credence....if you don't think so...please enlighten us all...
0 Replies

Jasper10

Mon 10 May, 2021 08:19 am
@Leadfoot,
One has to embrace the additional POSSIBILITY of 0,0..1,1 logic my friend....one can't just adopt HALF LOGIC....it will all begin to make sense after that.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Mon 10 May, 2021 02:50 pm
OMG! It’s happening! Suddenly, I’m Enlightened!!
coluber2001

Mon 10 May, 2021 10:45 pm
"Every god, every mythology, every religion, is true in this sense: it is true as metaphorical of the human and cosmic mystery."
--Joseph Campbell

But if you get stuck to these religions, that is if you interpret them literally, then you're in trouble.
Jasper10

Mon 10 May, 2021 11:31 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot....I am merely pointing out that most modern day philosophy is based upon good is bad and bad is good philosophy and the claim that this is truth....Do you agree or not agree?

good is bad and bad is good is an ASSUMPTION.It can’t be any more than that.Do you agree or not agree?

One can therefore equally ASSUME that good is good and bad is bad as well....Do you agree or not agree?

If you disagree with any of the above then please give reasons why you disagree.

Sarcasm and insults don’t count and prove to everyone that you don’t have counter reasonings.
Jasper10

Mon 10 May, 2021 11:56 pm
@Jasper10,
We are totally embroiled with all sciences...why wouldn’t we be?...good is bad and bad is good philosophy just doesn’t work in physics...a + isn’t a -

In physics a + is + and a - is a -

Philosophy and Science are therefore at odds with each other if good is bad and bad is good philosophy is adopted.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 11 May, 2021 06:30 am
@coluber2001,
Quote:
Every god, every mythology, every religion, is true in this sense: it is true as metaphorical of the human and cosmic mystery."
--Joseph Campbell

But if you get stuck to these religions, that is if you interpret them literally, then you're in trouble.

Joseph Campbell's statement represents another growing religion. They all make me nauseous.

But what do you mean by 'interpret religion literally'?

A religion is generally regarded to be the (correct) interpretation of their doctrines, written or otherwise. . You either accept that interpretation whether it’s literal or metaphor, or you aren’t a 'real member'. There is nothing left to interpret in all the religions I’ve looked at, including Campbell's.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 11 May, 2021 06:46 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
Sarcasm and insults don’t count and prove to everyone that you don’t have counter reasonings.

Oh they can indeed count.

'In jest, much truth is said.'
- W. Shakespeare

And who are these people you seem to think say 'Good is Bad' and 'Bad is Good'?
They don’t exist. They may not agree with with you about what is good or bad, but in their own mind they have no doubt about which is which.

Ultimately, all you are doing is trying to force your own perception of what is good or bad on them.

TL / DR: You posit a Strawman argument.