How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Jasper10

Wed 5 May, 2021 10:39 am
@Jasper10,
Good is good and bad is bad (1,1 ....0,0) is a real possibility.....Can’t prove it but then again I can’t prove that good is bad and bad is good either (0,1...1,0)...and NEITHER can anyone else.

All just autopilot logic output possibilities of the biological machine...
0 Replies

papag

Fri 7 May, 2021 09:21 am
@izzythepush,
Who Wrote the Bible?
"And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD"
Exodus 24:4

"Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream"
Daniel 7:1

"when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God"
1 Thessalonians 2:13

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God"
2 Timothy 3:16

“For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost .”
2 Peter 1:21

0 Replies

papag

Fri 7 May, 2021 09:26 am
@izzythepush,
Who Wrote the Bible?

"Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream"

"when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God"

“For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost .”

Yes man wrote the words but it was God's words.
Much like a secretary dictating a letter from the boss and sending it to all the employees.
Frank Apisa

Fri 7 May, 2021 11:03 am
@papag,
papag wrote:

Who Wrote the Bible?

Yes man wrote the words but it was God's words.
Much like a secretary dictating a letter from the boss and sending it to all the employees.

All those quotes seem rather self-serving, Papag.

Perhaps there are no gods. Perhaps the god you suppose dictated the words (or thoughts) mentioned does not exist...and they are merely the thoughts and words of an ancient, superstitious people.

Allow me to ask: You do realize that you are just guessing that ANY god exists...and further guessing that the god that exists happens to be the one you suppose it to be.

Right?
0 Replies

Jasper10

Fri 7 May, 2021 11:13 am
@papag,
You can only HOPE in God...or not HOPE in God papag.

This has been proved definitively by LOGIC.
Jasper10

Fri 7 May, 2021 11:17 am
@Jasper10,
The person who sits on the fence will ALWAYS have a HOPE one way or the other...
Jasper10

Fri 7 May, 2021 11:20 am
@Jasper10,
0,0..0,1..1,0..1,1 logic proves it...
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 7 May, 2021 12:56 pm
@Jasper10,
Quote:
You can only HOPE in God...or not HOPE in God papag.

You and Frank should get a room.
Jasper10

Fri 7 May, 2021 01:06 pm
@Leadfoot,
Why?...Frank lost ages ago on that one...he’s just not aware of it...Frank’s philosophy is yesterday’s news...
Leadfoot

Fri 7 May, 2021 01:29 pm
@Jasper10,
It sounds quite similar to yours. Only difference is that you admit to thinking a lot about it and he claims he doesn’t. It’s his grownup, socially acceptable disguise.
Jasper10

Fri 7 May, 2021 01:33 pm
@Leadfoot,
It’s not similar to mine...I know my philosophy is right...I don’t guess that it is...

cicerone imposter

Fri 7 May, 2021 01:38 pm
There are no gods, because they're all created by men. Different countries, races and cultures created their own god(s) over human history. It only proves that humans are prone to gods. If anyone is really interested in learning about gods, all they must do is study what science have taught us about human evolution, and the age of all the different religions. In the first place, this planet is not 7,000 years old as the bible would have us believe. Science proved this planet to be over 4.5 billion years old. Evolution is a proven theory. If you don't believe in evolution, study the works of Charles Darwin and his finches in the Galapagos Islands. Also, https://www.thinkoneweek.com/is-evolution-the-solution/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ENG%20United%20States&utm_term=%2Bevidence%20%2Bevolution&utm_content=ENG%20-%20Evolution%20(Landing%20on%20Blog%20Evolution) The only issue I bring up with the concept of evolution by those who do not believe in it, because it's too complex, will conclude there is a god. I disagree. Nature is what's possible in this universe. The right environment produces life on its own merits through millions of years of transformation. I call it the natural intelligence of nature.
Jasper10

Fri 7 May, 2021 01:47 pm
@Jasper10,
Philosophy and Science has moved on into a new era of additional logic output possibilities i.e. good is good and bad is bad possibilities.

Science will prove my philosophy is correct...give it time...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 7 May, 2021 01:49 pm
Human evolution is the lengthy process of change by which people originated from apelike ancestors. Scientific evidence shows that the physical and behavioral traits shared by all people originated from apelike ancestors and evolved over a period of approximately six million years.

Introduction to Human Evolution | The Smithsonian Institution's ...

I prefer to rely on science over a 2,000 year old book, when they didn't have the science or instruments to measure natural phenomenon. Carbon dating is unreliable for objects older than about 30,000 years, but uranium-thorium dating may be possible for objects up to half a million years old, Dr. Zindler said.May 31, 1990

Jasper10

Fri 7 May, 2021 01:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You HOPE there are no God’s ...you can’t definitively PROVE it.

Evolution is not definitive proof ..it’s poor science at best...and as I have said many times before one can’t argue probabilities because one needs an END POINT for probabilities to work.You don’t have and END point!!!

You need a Plan B....
Frank Apisa

Fri 7 May, 2021 02:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Human evolution is the lengthy process of change by which people originated from apelike ancestors. Scientific evidence shows that the physical and behavioral traits shared by all people originated from apelike ancestors and evolved over a period of approximately six million years.

Introduction to Human Evolution | The Smithsonian Institution's ...

I prefer to rely on science over a 2,000 year old book, when they didn't have the science or instruments to measure natural phenomenon. Carbon dating is unreliable for objects older than about 30,000 years, but uranium-thorium dating may be possible for objects up to half a million years old, Dr. Zindler said.May 31, 1990

Same kind of questions for you, ci.

You seem as sure that there are no gods as Papag seems sure there is at least one...the one he worships.

I do not see how he gets to "there is a GOD"...and I also do not see how you get to "there are no gods."

Both of you seem to be making guesses.

I just don't understand the compulsion for making those kinds of guesses.
0 Replies

zacma

Fri 7 May, 2021 04:35 pm
@gungasnake,
What do you know about Islam?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 7 May, 2021 07:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
There are no gods, because they're all created by men.

Oh yeah? Well then who created men!

I love dealing with children.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Fri 7 May, 2021 11:26 pm
@Jasper10,
As one can’t definitively PROVE whether Good is Bad and Bad is Good (1,0..0,1) OR whether Good is Good and Bad is Bad (1,1...0.0) one needs to accept all LOGIC possibilities and not just HALF of them.

Becoming AWARE of and accepting ALL the LOGIC possibility outputs is key.

Leadfoot

Sat 8 May, 2021 05:18 am
@Jasper10,
You certainly are fascinated by Boolean logic. You've got the truth table for both 'AND'. and 'OR' gates down pat and even touched on flip-flops. Don't you want to build something bigger? An ALU would be nice, then go on to CPUs and GPUs. Maybe build us a ray tracing graphics card that can’t be had at any price since the damn Crypto coin miners buy'em all up.
But that would require some analog circuitry and at this rate we’ll never get there. It’s so much harder than the digital world of on-off, 1-0.