How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Frank Apisa

Thu 28 Jan, 2021 11:40 am
@Albuquerque,
https://revealedresources.com/wp-content/uploads/ball-your-court-message.jpg
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Thu 28 Jan, 2021 12:38 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I gather EA is a God when SIMS the videogame was created for the first time then. I see not much of a difference and your definition in my view is lacking. I cannot infer much from such a broad definition and as such commenting or pleading for ignorance is not informative from where I stand. You can eat the cake of ignorance all you want because it has no flavour. As for "physical" Reality I don't know much about what that exactly means or entails and I know even less on the spin off on what "spiritual" is intended to mean in opposition.

In sum I am ignorant about what your ignorance is addressing!
See you around old man and take care with the fracking Covid!
Frank Apisa

Thu 28 Jan, 2021 12:43 pm
@Albuquerque,
Albuquerque wrote:

I gather EA is a God when SIMS the videogame was created for the first time then. I see not much of a difference and your definition in my view is lacking. I cannot infer much from such a broad definition and as such commenting or pleading for ignorance is not informative from where I stand. You can eat the cake of ignorance all you want because it has no flavour. As for "physical" Reality I don't know much about what that exactly means or entails and I know even less on the spin off on what "spiritual" is intended to mean in opposition.

In sum I am ignorant about what your ignorance is addressing!
See you around old man and take care with the fracking Covid!

Sounds to me as though you realized your "arguments" have no validity...and that you realize I am correct when I say:

If there are people here arguing that there are no gods...or that it is more likely that there are no gods than that there is at least one god...

...then they are essentially arguing from the same standpoint as those arguing that there is at least one god...or that it is more likely that there is at least one god than that there are no gods.

All of those things are nothing but blind guess...and NOT the result of reason or logic or anything else. And some (most) of the so-called logic used is so defective, it is laughable.

You could have saved some time and simply said, "You are correct, Frank."
Albuquerque

Thu 28 Jan, 2021 12:49 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Let me repeat to make myself clear, perhaps repeating may help:

I am ignorant about what your plea for ignorance is addressing!
Frank Apisa

Thu 28 Jan, 2021 12:52 pm
@Albuquerque,
Albuquerque wrote:

Let me repeat to make myself clear, perhaps repeating may help:

I am ignorant about what your plea for ignorance is addressing!

You put the exclamation point in the wrong place, Al. It should have gone after the first three words.

Albuquerque

Thu 28 Jan, 2021 12:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quite correct I used two or three more words to help you get there old man!
It is not getting any better is it? You cannot plea for ignorance without pointing at something! You are pointing everywhere so far! Have you heard of unknown unknowns? Whatever it is that we do not know that we do not know transcends any potential for comment, including pleading for ignorance!
Frank Apisa

Thu 28 Jan, 2021 01:03 pm
@Albuquerque,
Albuquerque wrote:

Quite correct I used two or three more words to help you get there old man!
It is not getting any better is it? You cannot plea for ignorance without pointing at something! You are pointing everywhere so far! Have you heard of unknown unknowns?

I have "pointed at it"...but you are unwilling to acknowledge that you are stymied, so you are trying to work around the problem.

Here...let me reword my comment with "pointing at it" included.

If there are people here arguing that there is no being or entity responsible for the creation of what we humans call “the universe” ...or that it is more likely that there is no being or entity responsible for the creation of what we humans call “the universe”...

...then they are essentially arguing from the same standpoint as those arguing that there is a being or entity responsible for the creation of what we humans call “the universe”…or that it is more likely that there is a being or entity responsible for the creation of what we humans call “the universe.”

All of those things are nothing but blind guess...and NOT the result of reason or logic or anything else. And some (most) of the so-called logic used is so defective, it is laughable.

Ball in your court again.
Albuquerque

Thu 28 Jan, 2021 01:10 pm
@Frank Apisa,
There is a lot to unpack there, plenty of words to contend with.
For starters why don't you plea ignorance with languaging right from the get go? That would be far more honest! Who told you you know something about the validity of the word Origin or Creation? Both assume Time is fundamental when it might well be the case that it is not. To get to God and plea for something you have first to go through everything else!
cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Jan, 2021 01:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Simply put, what exists happens because of nature; not because of any god or gods. The study of human evolution based on science and anthropology proves it.
The evidence on which scientific accounts of human evolution are based comes from many fields of natural science. The main source of knowledge about the evolutionary process has traditionally been the fossil record, but since the development of genetics beginning in the 1970s, DNA analysis has come to occupy a place of comparable importance.
Human evolution - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution
cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Jan, 2021 01:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Humans have created thousands of gods throughout human history; different gods for different race and culture. It's a human thing to create gods; it's in our DNA. The majority of humans believes in one god or another throughout history. The United States is known to be a majority christian nation. Many Asian countries believe in Buddha. Islam is also popular in this world.

Frank Apisa

Thu 28 Jan, 2021 01:19 pm
@Albuquerque,
Albuquerque wrote:

There is a lot to unpack there, plenty of words to contend with.
For starters why don't you plea ignorance with languaging right from the get go? That would be far more honest! Who told you you know something about the validity of the word Origin or Creation? Both assume Time is fundamental when it might well be the case that it is not. To get to God and plea for something you have first to go through everything else!

Albuquerque...ANYONE who asserts that there IS NO creator entity...is doing, in reverse, what a person does by asserting there IS a creator entity.

Deal with that...and stop the bullshit.
Frank Apisa

Thu 28 Jan, 2021 01:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Simply put, what exists happens because of nature; not because of any god or gods. The study of human evolution based on science and anthropology proves it.
The evidence on which scientific accounts of human evolution are based comes from many fields of natural science. The main source of knowledge about the evolutionary process has traditionally been the fossil record, but since the development of genetics beginning in the 1970s, DNA analysis has come to occupy a place of comparable importance.
Human evolution - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

ci, same thing as I mentioned to Al above.

I appreciate your blind guess that "Simply put, what exists happens because of nature; not because of any god or gods"...and you may be correct.

Which is another way of saying: You may be incorrect.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 28 Jan, 2021 01:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Humans have created thousands of gods throughout human history; different gods for different race and culture. It's a human thing to create gods; it's in our DNA. The majority of humans believes in one god or another throughout history. The United States is known to be a majority christian nation. Many Asian countries believe in Buddha. Islam is also popular in this world.

I agree.

But...the bottom line is that we do not know if there is a creator entity or not.

Some people insist there is a creator entity.

Some people insist there are no creator entities.

Both are just guessing.

One apparently is correct. No way any human knows which it is.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 28 Jan, 2021 03:31 pm
@popeye1945,
Quote:
"Reason is the enemy of faith."
-Martin Luther.

Not that quotes prove a damn thing, but when it comes to 'God' , Formula One drivers are sometimes more reliable than religious figures.

If you have God on your side, everything becomes clear.
- Ayrton Senna
Albuquerque

Thu 28 Jan, 2021 03:42 pm
@Leadfoot,
Do you have God on your side?
Albuquerque

Thu 28 Jan, 2021 03:46 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It is quite sad that you think General Relativity is bullshit. You might as well throw your GPS and phone out of the window. In GR The flow of Time is an illusion as the Universe is presented in Spacetime as a block Universe where Past Present and Future co-exist!
Leadfoot

Thu 28 Jan, 2021 05:29 pm
@Albuquerque,
Everything is now looking clear to me, so if Ayrton is right..
Albuquerque

Thu 28 Jan, 2021 08:09 pm
@Leadfoot,
I am glad that you feel that way. With clear skies and God on your wing we have to go for a flight in MSFS 2020!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 29 Jan, 2021 07:05 am
@Albuquerque,
Albuquerque wrote:

It is quite sad that you think General Relativity is bullshit. You might as well throw your GPS and phone out of the window. In GR The flow of Time is an illusion as the Universe is presented in Spacetime as a block Universe where Past Present and Future co-exist!

Now you are stretching the diversion too far.

Sad.

But...better in your mind than acknowledging you are wrong.
Albuquerque

Fri 29 Jan, 2021 01:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
No comments...