How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

crackedhead

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 10:22 pm
Easy answer is the fact that our modern world exists despite what religions claim. The hard answer is that God was smart enough not to create religions, unlike His 'can't listen' creations.
Jasper10

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 02:23 am
@crackedhead,
You know that with 100% certainty do you? NO you don't ..its just a view that you have that may be right and it may be wrong just like every other opinion posted so far. The only thing we KNOW with total certainty is that we DON'T KNOW with total certainty when it comes to the bigger question of is there a God or isn't there a God. Believing that a God may exist doesn't matter.Hating that God if he exists doesn't matter either, we may have an eternity to do this who knows. We can have whatever view we want towards a God who may exist and believe we are right and it MATTERS but we will never be sure...doubt will always remain. What does anyone's HOPEFUL views/opinions MATTER? The sooner you come to and end of yourself and these pointless reasonings the better.
Ragman

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 05:58 am
@Jasper10,
😴
Frank Apisa

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 06:22 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:
Two: What do YOU mean by "believe?"

To accept (something, like an interpretation of scientific data) as true; feel sure of the truth of.

Quote:
Three: What do YOU mean by "reasonable?"

(of a person) having sound judgment; fair and sensible.

Do you believe you are reasonable?

Quote:
I could attempt to...but to put that into perspective, I also could attempt to explain quantum mechanics to a ferret. I doubt either would be successful. Let's just say it is an opinion.

In support of your opinion, could you explain what you meant by absurd and why one option is more absurd than the other, or are both absurd?

I would enjoy reading your quantum mechanical explanation, if you really can, as your previous statement seemed to imply that you are capable of doing. Or was the purpose of that statement to distract us from noticing your ignorance of the subject matter?

What do you mean by "absurd?"

0 Replies

Jasper10

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 08:22 am
@Ragman,
Don't be sad...I only said pointless reasonings....
InfraBlue

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 09:52 am
@Jasper10,
Without your pointless rationalizations there would be no pointless reasonings.
Ragman

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 10:01 am
@Jasper10,
Sad? No, that’s an asleep icon. You’re boring because you repeat yourself and what you repeat is not worth reading the first time around..

Did I say that aloud? My bad, not 😢 !
Jasper10

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 10:21 am
@InfraBlue,
What does it matter if a God exists or doesn't exist...what does it matter if one is even prepared to believe that this God exists or not or even what you think of this God? What is your point and even if you have a point what does it matter what your point of view is? Please explain what you are trying to achieve here? anything or nothing?
Jasper10

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 10:32 am
@Ragman,
LOL....you just don't get it do you......how many times do you need telling about these pointless reasonings. Separate yourself from them...
Ragman

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 11:55 am
@Jasper10,
I don’t get you, to be honest. Your words make no logical sense. Perhaps English isn’t your first language.

Have a nice day!
izzythepush

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 12:01 pm
@Ragman,
All he’s done since he got here is repeat the same thing over and over again, and when that’s pointed out he accuses you of not understanding him.

It’s like he’s suffering some sort of curse like in the Rhime of the Ancient Mariner, compelled to tell his tale over and over again, or some form of Greek Hell.
Ragman

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 12:13 pm
@izzythepush,
Now there’s a great name for a musical group: Greek Hell. Their lead singer is Prometheus. They all wear suits of fire and play some hot 🥵 licks.
izzythepush

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 12:18 pm
@Ragman,
Rolling rocks up hills and could be their first hit.
Jasper10

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 12:18 pm
@izzythepush,
And your point is what izzythe push?What does it matter if you believe a God exists or not? Do you think it matters?
0 Replies

Ragman

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 12:19 pm
@izzythepush,
Now that’s what I call Rock & Roll!
izzythepush

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 12:22 pm
@Ragman,
Uh oh, we’ve set off the answering machine again.

Don’t catch his eye, there’s a wedding to get to.
Ragman

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 12:27 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Uh oh, we’ve set off the answering machine again.

Don’t catch his eye, there’s a wedding to get to.

Yeah, but who is officiating? Lay priest, perhaps?
Jasper10

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 12:39 pm
@izzythepush,
You don’t have an intelligent answer then ...thought not....just abuse as usual.LOL.Keep it coming so everyone one can see the true nature of IZZYTHEPUSH....LOL....
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 01:16 pm
@Ragman,
Laid over.
Ragman

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 01:42 pm
@izzythepush,
Hopefully! That’s what the honeymoon promises.
0 Replies