How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

izzythepush

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 04:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
He’s sealioning, he’s also on the global warming thread asking for things to be explained.

That’s what they do.
izzythepush

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 04:38 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Could you explain what you meant by absurd

Buy a ******* dictionary, or google “absurd definition.”
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 05:27 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

He’s sealioning, he’s also on the global warming thread asking for things to be explained.

That’s what they do.

Yup. Which is the reason I gave the response I did.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 01:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I could attempt to...but to put that into perspective, I also could attempt to explain quantum mechanics to a ferret. I doubt either would be successful. Let's just say it is an opinion.

Do you understand quantum mechanics or gravity well enough to to explain it to a human. I know something about it.

This much I am pretty sure of. There is a geometric structure to the Higgs field, the gluon field and the weak electro field. I am also pretty sure those structures consist of quarks, electrons, and photons. And those particles more than likely exists as embedded layers of entangled quantum blackholes as the ER=EPR suggests as it has been proposed by Susskind and Maldecena. It states that two entangled particles (a so-called Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen or EPR pair) are connected by a wormhole (or Einstein–Rosen bridge).

So, if they are right, then the universe-wide consistency of that geometric structure of embedded quantum blackholes and wormholes is revealed by the order and consistency of the mass and angular momentum of the particles recorded in the Standard Model. But, what Susskind is not understanding is that order (information) is not being lost in a blackhole, it is being stored in the geometric structure of the gluon fields embedded behind the event horizons of all large blackholes and quantum blackholes.

The question is, could this order be turning the gravity of the gravitational field into the strong nuclear force of the gluon fields at the energy levels that exist behind the event horizons of a blackhole?

How do you think the complex arrangement of these particles into these fields came to be?

I do believe I can understand your answer.
Frank Apisa

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 06:13 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:
I could attempt to...but to put that into perspective, I also could attempt to explain quantum mechanics to a ferret. I doubt either would be successful. Let's just say it is an opinion.

Do you understand quantum mechanics or gravity well enough to to explain it to a human. I know something about it.

This much I am pretty sure of. There is a geometric structure to the Higgs field, the gluon field and the weak electro field. I am also pretty sure those structures consist of quarks, electrons, and photons. And those particles more than likely exists as embedded layers of entangled quantum blackholes as the ER=EPR suggests as it has been proposed by Susskind and Maldecena. It states that two entangled particles (a so-called Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen or EPR pair) are connected by a wormhole (or Einstein–Rosen bridge).

So, if they are right, then the universe-wide consistency of that geometric structure of embedded quantum blackholes and wormholes is revealed by the order and consistency of the mass and angular momentum of the particles recorded in the Standard Model. But, what Susskind is not understanding is that order (information) is not being lost in a blackhole, it is being stored in the geometric structure of the gluon fields embedded behind the event horizons of all large blackholes and quantum blackholes.

The question is, could this order be turning the gravity of the gravitational field into the strong nuclear force of the gluon fields at the energy levels that exist behind the event horizons of a blackhole?

How do you think the complex arrangement of these particles into these fields came to be?

I do believe I can understand your answer.

First, define what you mean by "believe?"
brianjakub

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 07:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

It is my educated interpretation of the data as it is presented and interpreted by some of the greatest physicists in the world. I am combining what Verlinde has provided through Entropic Gravity and Susskind with the EP=EPR holographic effect.
Frank Apisa

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 07:50 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:

It is my educated interpretation of the data as it is presented and interpreted by some of the greatest physicists in the world. I am combining what Verlinde has provided through Entropic Gravity and Susskind with the EP=EPR holographic effect.

Okay, I get that.

But what do you mean by the word "believe."
brianjakub

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 08:19 am
@Frank Apisa,
I feel reasonably certain my assumptions are correct. And seem to be the only interpretation that fits all the data as interpreted by other people that are considered experts.

I think my level of certainty in the accuracy of my interpretation could raise the confidence in my interpretation to the level of a belief. Therefore I believe with an extensive conversation with anyone that is reasonable I could get them to agree with me.
izzythepush

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 08:26 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

I feel reasonably certain my assumptions are correct.

Well you’ve certainly convinced me, and I’d assume everyone else as well.

Now you’ve done that there’s not a lot of point you hanging around, now you can go somewhere else with your assumptions.
brianjakub

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 09:15 am
@izzythepush,
Why do you want me to go somewhere else?
Frank Apisa

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 09:19 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

I feel reasonably certain my assumptions are correct. And seem to be the only interpretation that fits all the data as interpreted by other people that are considered experts.

I think my level of certainty in the accuracy of my interpretation could raise the confidence in my interpretation to the level of a belief. Therefore I believe with an extensive conversation with anyone that is reasonable I could get them to agree with me.

Okay. Thanks, Brian.

But what do you mean by the word "believe?"

And while you are at it, what do you mean by "anyone that is reasonable?"
izzythepush

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 09:42 am
@brianjakub,
Because you’re so clever and knowledgable, it would be selfish to keep you here.

brianjakub

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 10:56 am
@Frank Apisa,
I mean a dictionary definition of believe and reasonable. We all know the meaning of English words why do you keep asking to such questions? I have been following your discussions and everybody seems to understand English fairly well. Are you questioning my use of the language?
brianjakub

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 10:58 am
@izzythepush,
Thank you. That is one of the nicest statements you have posted.
izzythepush

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 11:04 am
@brianjakub,
Bon voyage, and good luck.
brianjakub

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 11:07 am
@izzythepush,
I was just thanking you for the compliment. I’m not going anywhere. I have plenty wisdom to share with everyone.
izzythepush

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 11:09 am
@brianjakub,
I don’t doubt it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 11:20 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

I mean a dictionary definition of believe and reasonable. We all know the meaning of English words why do you keep asking to such questions? I have been following your discussions and everybody seems to understand English fairly well. Are you questioning my use of the language?

Three questions:

One: What makes you think I am questioning your use of the language?

Two: What do YOU mean by "believe?"

Three: What do YOU mean by "reasonable?"
brianjakub

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 08:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Two: What do YOU mean by "believe?"

To accept (something, like an interpretation of scientific data) as true; feel sure of the truth of.

Quote:
Three: What do YOU mean by "reasonable?"

(of a person) having sound judgment; fair and sensible.

Do you believe you are reasonable?

Quote:

In support of your opinion, could you explain what you meant by absurd and why one option is more absurd than the other, or are both absurd?

I would enjoy reading your quantum mechanical explanation, if you really can, as your previous statement seemed to imply that you are capable of doing. Or was the purpose of that statement to distract us from noticing your ignorance of the subject matter?

catbeasy

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 10:16 pm
@brianjakub,
Don't know if this applies to you or not, if it doesn't, meh..

Quote:
Why is that an absurdity?

It is absurd to me if this is a traditional Christian idea of reward and punishment viz a viz your traditional heaven and hell. It is absurd because the Christian says that their God is love, yet nothing about this idea of heaven and hell and a loving God fall into my purview of what love is.

And if God's idea of love is not my idea of love, why not? Under the Christian model, i'm supposed to have been made in God's image, i take that to mean my understanding of emotions, love, hate and states of beauty etc..are analogous to that God's properties of the same. So, my idea of love should be the same as God's.

And if its not, then why would God do that? It is handicapping me from being able to understand and therefore accept that God, because otherwise it is a contradiction to me. The Christian's typical answer is to have faith, but that's putting the cart before the horse. Faith (as trust) assumes i believe already, unless that definition of faith is 'blind faith' - belief in something because i don't have a good reason - and i'm pretty sure that God doesn't want us to blindly believe - it would make it too busy selling us lots of bridges..

Don't believe there is a God(s), but there might be a God(s) of some sort who created all this stuff, but pretty sure it isn't a personal God and certainly not some Jewish God a la the Bible.

Quote:
If the vast complex system we are living in was made for things to live in then it can be assumed that living should be considered good.

We can also assume that it was not made for the 'good' (we can also have a hell of discussion on what is meant by 'good' by itself - but that's for another time). Maybe this God is a real bastard. A patient bastard who gets his jollies on any kind of emotional state. Your assumption is invalid because there is no outside standard to put what is likely. God could have made all this be true in (almost) the way that Christian's say it is, but when we die, this God gets his maximum jollies sending those who believed it to hell because he loves to see their faces when they find out they've been wrong about it. And maybe those who didn't believe get to hang out with it at six flags. Or maybe it sends everyone to hell. Or maybe everyone goes to heaven. Maybe it rolls a dice. Stuck inside our subjective world, there is no way to know what is a 'safe' assumption.

Tell you what, when we both die, you can tell me i told you so, that your assumption was safe. I don't ridicule it, but neither can i logically abide that it is 'safe' without further verification.

Quote:
It is also reasonable to assume that none of that is true, and that our ability to make these assumptions randomly appeared in the matter of our body, and that matter randomly appeared out of nothing, according to processes that randomly appeared in nothing, out of an explosion initiated by gravity in the Big bang.

Randomly? Now that's interesting. Maybe it wasn't random. Maybe nothing is random? Maybe things just have to be the way they are. In talking about beginnings, i don't think random is the correct word, that is absurd, because, again, there is nothing to compare with to understand what random might mean in that context. Absurd simply means our brains have reached their limit in finding concordance or congruence between ideas.

And your comment about gravity. Yeah, don't really understand much about that, but it seems logical to me that the answer is: "I don't know" and any attempt to 'know' this stuff is doomed to camp side chatting on some serious shroomage.

Quote:
Is it more absurd to assume there is an yet unknown process to initiate matter and gravity out of nothing or some sort of intelligent god with a purpose.

See above. Two things: Again, 'more' absurd implies we have a standard to compare. We don't. Second thing. The concept of God is just as absurd anyway. What caused (if it can be said to be truly caused) all of this is absurd in the sense that it doesn't make sense to any of us. Timelessness is absurd to us, we cannot fit that into our meagre brain pan. However, one thing isn't more absurd than another, because we have no valid, objective point of reference to make such a judgment.