How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Frank Apisa

Fri 16 Oct, 2020 07:34 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

Jasper provided philosophical proof for God.

Where was that, exactly?

Pascal's Wager. It would also include the , Ontological Argument and other arguments for the existence of God.

Pascal's Wager proves that a god exists?

Ontological Arguments prove that a god exists?

What are you thinking of, Neal?

They are arguments...just like the arguments that "prove" the god of the Bible does not exist.

They are opinions.

They are guesses.

Nothing more.

There are no proofs of the existence of any gods.
farmerman

Fri 16 Oct, 2020 09:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
they prove nothing, in fact they dont even focus onto his argument. They just sound cooler than Arthur Fonzarelli
Frank Apisa

Fri 16 Oct, 2020 10:30 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

they prove nothing, in fact they dont even focus onto his argument. They just sound cooler than Arthur Fonzarelli

They certainly prove nothing. But the Fonz was pretty cool. Not sure they sound cooler.
NealNealNeal

Fri 16 Oct, 2020 02:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank,
We are in a stalemate. Let's just agree to allow reality to occur.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Fri 16 Oct, 2020 03:50 pm
@Jasper10,
That's your philosophical proof?

Your argument is based on question begging.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Fri 16 Oct, 2020 03:54 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

Jasper provided philosophical proof for God.

Where was that, exactly?

Pascal's Wager. It would also include the , Ontological Argument and other arguments for the existence of God.

The proofs of those arguments are based on question begging. That includes the formal ontological arguments, e.g. Gödel's ontological proof. It's based on the acceptance of the axioms of his logical system. The arguments themselves aren't proofs of the existence of God.
NealNealNeal

Fri 16 Oct, 2020 05:10 pm
@InfraBlue,
I will defer to other people about philosophy.
My proof is my personal relationship with God. It is a strong relationship with God. It is far more than Frank's description of it being a blind guess. Millions of other Christians have a personal relationship with God.
I am also convinced by Christian Apologetics.
Frank and I have come to different conclusions. I accept that fact.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sat 17 Oct, 2020 01:30 am
@InfraBlue,
I am merely pointing out that the atheist’s???? arguments are illogical.They say God doesn’t exist...has never existed...and never will exist.Then they try and justify why they take this stance by making an AGNOSTIC statement that IF...IF a God did exist (maybe even the God of the bible) they would REJECT him on the basis that he is responsible for all atrocities without even FACTORING in the devil (if he exists).......(as if it matters what ANYONE thinks about whether God exists or not!!).Atheists??? are even comfortable with man taking the BLAME for all atrocities as long as no God is involved.If Atheists???? are comfortable with that then why can’t they stay comfortable with it IF....IF a God is involved (maybe even the God of the bible)?...What’s changed? What MAY have changed is that the moment man considers the possibility of a God then the devil needs to try and convince him that he needs someone to BLAME.Why blame God for it all...why not blame the devil for it all? The bible says we are ALL to BLAME for nailing God to the cross and we are therefore WITHOUT hope.If a God exists (even the God of the bible) I am convinced that he can do what he wants...whenever he wants...however he wants.
chai2

Sat 17 Oct, 2020 02:00 am
@Jasper10,
Incorrect. An atheist would believe in a god if proper evidence is given on one.
Jasper10

Sat 17 Oct, 2020 02:16 am
@chai2,
Fair enough if that’s your opinion...but the atheist’s???? arguments for blaming God (even the God of bible) for all atrocities needs to be reconsidered.No-one can PROVE whether a God exists or not.
InfraBlue

Sat 17 Oct, 2020 01:58 pm
@Jasper10,
Strictly speaking, atheism is about belief. An atheist does not believe in God.

You're conflating that with agnosticism, which is about knowledge. The agnostic doesn't know if God exists or not.

The two positions are not mutually exclusive. One can be both atheist and agnostic.

Your argument about blaming God for all of the atrocities of the world if he were to exist isn't an all encompassing argument made by atheists or agnostics. It's also an argument made by theists, as well. You are flailing against a straw man argument of your creation.

In regard to your theology about God, that is only one theology among several within Christianity, and one among the vast array of theologies throughout the various religions of the world.
Jasper10

Sat 17 Oct, 2020 03:32 pm
@InfraBlue,
Once again....my point is there is no such thing as an atheist???? who then tries to blame a God who may or may not exist.

An atheist???? who doesn’t blame God (yeah right!!!) can say there is no God as much as they like.....it doesn’t change a thing...what does the atheist opinion matter...what does anyone’s opinion matter.There might be a God.

I agree that we can all blame God (if he exists).However, if we are going to blame God (if he exits) then we have to acknowledge that he might exist and may or may not be deserving of that blame.ALL blame may sit with the devil (if he exists) and man.

There are a vast array of theologies I agree.

The God of the bible says one can have a PERSONAL relationship with him.
InfraBlue

Sat 17 Oct, 2020 09:20 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Once again....my point is there is no such thing as an atheist???? who then tries to blame a God who may or may not exist.

Who, exactly, is doing this?

Jasper10 wrote:

An atheist???? who doesn’t blame God (yeah right!!!) can say there is no God as much as they like.....it doesn’t change a thing...what does the atheist opinion matter...what does anyone’s opinion matter.There might be a God.

You still don't get what "atheism" means.

By your argument it doesn't matter that you opine that there might be a God.

Jasper10 wrote:

I agree that we can all blame God (if he exists).However, if we are going to blame God (if he exits) then we have to acknowledge that he might exist and may or may not be deserving of that blame.ALL blame may sit with the devil (if he exists) and man.

Why do we have to acknowledge this, exactly, especially in light of your assertion that your opinion doesn't matter?

Jasper10 wrote:

The God of the bible says one can have a PERSONAL relationship with him.

The God of the Bible says a lot of things. So what?
izzythepush

Sat 17 Oct, 2020 11:28 pm
@InfraBlue,
Jasper has been going round in circles with this particular issue. One could be forgiven for thinking it’s the only he can make and when the conversation moves on, which it has, he’s got nothing to say.
Jasper10

Sun 18 Oct, 2020 01:41 am
@InfraBlue,
In answer to your first question.........who exactly isn’t doing this?

I do know what atheism means....it’s man’s foolish attempt to try and convince himself that a God doesn’t exist.He might exist.

You don’t have to acknowledge anything if you don’t want to.Ignorance is bliss as they say...ISN’T IT???

You do have to acknowledge he might exist to be able to blame him......if he doesn’t exist he is blameless anyway you fool.

The bible does say a lot of things, you are right to acknowledge this.
Jasper10

Sun 18 Oct, 2020 01:52 am
@izzythepush,
Hi izzythepush...some people get it...some don’t unfortunately.Keep a balanced opinion always or you might stray to the left or the right...HOPE is all you have.

Clever phrases are of no use to an individual at all.
knaivete

Sun 18 Oct, 2020 02:15 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
Clever phrases are of no use to an individual at all.

Whereas absurd belief is not only a boon but a basic.
Jasper10

Sun 18 Oct, 2020 02:44 am
@knaivete,
What is the point of a STALEMATE phrase? ....There may be a good point to it...there may be a bad point to it....who knows? No one can prove if there is or isn’t a God.Sit on the fence phrases are of no use to anyone.

No one knows anything beyond stalemate.The two sides having punched themselves out.

Personally I am not remotely interested in these two sides arguments.They are just reasonings after all.

I consider myself more than these reasonings.

If one wants to move on from Nihilistic views one has to SEPARATE oneself from these 2 off equal but opposite reasonings.Don’t side with either....what is the point you will only end up debating the pointless debate again.

Keep the balance.

At least try to recognise this.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 18 Oct, 2020 06:02 am
@Jasper10,
You keep repeating the same point over and over again.

That’s all you’ve been doing on this thread.

There is nothing to ‘get.’
Jasper10

Sun 18 Oct, 2020 07:41 am
@izzythepush,
Izzythepush, there are only so many possibilities for the 2 off reasoning debate of ....is there a God or not?

These are:

1. There is no God in agreement with There is no God.UNBELIEVERS
2.There is no God in disagreement with There is a God and vice versa.UNSURE.
3.There is God in agreement with There is a God.BELIEVERS

These reasonings can be internal to the individual or external to the individual.

As neither side can’t PROVE that there is or isn’t a God it is foolish for ANY individual to consider items 1 and 2 ONLY.If you have considered all three possibilities I would agree with you on the ...there is nothing to ‘get’ ...regarding
the biological reasonings debate.

I doubt whether you have considered all possibilities though.

If you haven’t then you don’t have balanced view of things.