How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

InfraBlue

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 11:23 am
@Jasper10,
So then, you agree that God is a psychopath.
InfraBlue

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 11:27 am
@NealNealNeal,
The Theory of Evolution does not necessitate environmentalism. Many people that accept the theory don't give a flying flip about the environment and are some of the worst polluters in the world.
Frank Apisa

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 11:54 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

So then, you agree that God is a psychopath.

The god described in the Bible...is a psychopath.

Jupiter was not...really. Neither was Ra. Loki mighta been.

As much as possible, people ought to get away from talking about "God" when they actually mean, the god described in the Bible.
Jasper10

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 12:19 pm
@InfraBlue,
No,the devil is a psychopath and very active.

God is Love......

Have you turned into an agnostic?...I thought you were an atheist..
izzythepush

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 02:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Gnostics believe the god in the Bible is the demiurge.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 03:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I find it to be absolutely amazing that Jesus would be willing to do that for us. 😉
NealNealNeal

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 03:29 pm
@InfraBlue,
I understand your point. My point is that I would join PETA if Evolution was true.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 04:46 pm
@Jasper10,
The terms are not mutually exclusive.
InfraBlue

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 05:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The point of reference for most people on these threads is, by and large, at the most general level, the Abrahamic god. The arguments are about a god that is believed in, not some desd or hypothetical one.
Jasper10

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 11:57 pm
@InfraBlue,
My point is simple...How can you blame someone at ANY stage for something if you don’t believe they exist or have ever existed.If they don’t exist and have never existed then they are not guilty of the claims you make against them.You have to acknowledge the possibility that they MIGHT exist to accuse them of something.

Best stay SILENT on the matter because you end up looking a FOOL.

This is why we DEFINITELY need to HOPE that God exists so that we can BLAME him.

The devil will have you convinced that God exists and doesn’t exist also that he is a psychopath and not a psychopath just to confuse you completely....

ekename

Sat 26 Sep, 2020 04:35 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
The devil will have you convinced that God exists and doesn’t exist also that he is a psychopath and not a psychopath just to confuse you completely....

That explains the exquisite drivel which you imagine is logic.
Frank Apisa

Sat 26 Sep, 2020 04:53 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

I find it to be absolutely amazing that Jesus would be willing to do that for us. 😉

You should find it amazing that a god would demand that he do so.

It is psychopathic. Wink
Frank Apisa

Sat 26 Sep, 2020 04:54 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

The point of reference for most people on these threads is, by and large, at the most general level, the Abrahamic god. The arguments are about a god that is believed in, not some desd or hypothetical one.

Then change that.
NealNealNeal

Sat 26 Sep, 2020 08:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
Jesus willingly submitted to die for our sins. It was absolutely dreadful for Him to be separated spiritually from the Father. However, He was willing to do so. To God be the glory!!!
Frank Apisa

Sat 26 Sep, 2020 09:46 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Jesus willingly submitted to die for our sins. It was absolutely dreadful for Him to be separated spiritually from the Father. However, He was willing to do so. To God be the glory!!!

A "sin" is something that offends a god.

A god who demands that people torture and kill its son in order to forgive being offended...

...is a psychopath, Neal.

I bought into that **** in the past.

I'm glad I grew up.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Sat 26 Sep, 2020 11:24 am
@Jasper10,
Who here is blaming anything on anyone?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Sat 26 Sep, 2020 11:25 am
@Frank Apisa,
Good luck in that.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sat 26 Sep, 2020 11:40 am
@ekename,
This is how he operates.What better way than to convince everyone he doesn’t exist.Wise up!!
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sat 26 Sep, 2020 11:41 am
@ekename,
The devil exists alright.We need someone to blame.
Leadfoot

Sat 26 Sep, 2020 01:21 pm
@Jasper10,
Quote:
My point is that if someone makes the statement that God doesn't exist and has never existed and then tries to justify why they take that view and make reference to this God either before or after they make the statement then they are not an Atheist at all.

Why?.....because they:

1.DEFINITELY can't PROVE that he exists or not.
2.DEFINITELY know that they don't know whether he exists or not.
3.DEFINITELY need to HOPE that he exists so that they can BLAME him for all the atrocities throughout history

They are FOOLS who are STILL unsure about whether he exists or not.

You are trying to make a case for their hypocrisy (true in some cases) but this is internet chatter we are engaged in. In this realm your assertions can be so easily refuted. They can even take the moral high ground from you.

How would you reply to their assertion that they are Genuinely concerned for their fellow man and want to save them from religious delusions that are essentially death cults? Is calling them 'Fools' is a good counter? They could make a better argument for their claim Of 'death cults' than that.

Between you and me, I don’t think there is a living soul on earth who ever seriously considered the question that thinks this life is an accident. Our problem is ever thinking that we could convince them of God. That makes us the Fools.