How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

cicerone imposter

Mon 4 May, 2020 10:49 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
FACT: Once a human brain is dead, they do not get a second chance to live. Once the brain dies, there is no going back. No resuscitation possible. Brain death is death.

It's best to rely on science, and not some 2,000 year old religion. Most religions are based on mythologies of the countries in which they are created. Based on science and anthropology, we homo sapiens are the result of evolution over some 200,000 years. *********************************************************************************************
What did Homo sapiens evolve from?
Homo sapiens means “intelligent human,” and modern humans are classified in this species. Homo sapiens is believed to have evolved from Homo erectus. The evolution is thought to have taken place in Africa. The earliest fossils of Homo sapiens show a gradual change over the last 200,000 years into varieties of Homo sapiens, but not new species.
Homo Sapiens - CliffsNotes
www.cliffsnotes.com/study-guides/biology/biology/human-evolution/homo-sapiens
See all results for this question
NealNealNeal

Mon 4 May, 2020 12:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Science is based on the Scientific method. We're you on earth 200,000 years ago?
izzythepush

Mon 4 May, 2020 12:23 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

We're you on earth 200,000 years ago?

About par for the course. The best lack all conviction while the worst are full of passionate intensity and are barely literate.

Apologies to Yeats.
NealNealNeal

Mon 4 May, 2020 01:07 pm
@izzythepush,
My point is that the Scientific method can not be used. Now, the study of Statistics prove that it is impossible for man to have evolved from a one cell being billions of years ago Perhaps you can respond to that

izzythepush

Mon 4 May, 2020 01:27 pm
@NealNealNeal,
The only point you’re making is that you’re very poorly educated.

The only people who don’t accept evolution are bloody idiots, even the Pope accepts it.

I’m not like the others I have no time for fools, so don’t expect much more from me.
NealNealNeal

Mon 4 May, 2020 01:37 pm
@izzythepush,
You make no attempt to respond to my point. Instead, you resort to name calling.
cicerone imposter

Mon 4 May, 2020 08:22 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal, Study science over your bible. You'll be better off for it. To begin with, this planet is over 4.5 billion years old, not 7k.
Age of the Earth. The age of the Earth is estimated to be 4.54 ± 0.05 billion years (4.54 × 10 9 years ± 1%). This age may represent the age of the Earth's accretion, of core formation, or of the material from which the Earth formed.
Age of the Earth - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_Earth When the bible was written, they didn't have the science or knowledge about how to age this planet. Homo sapiens | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins ...
humanorigins.si.edu/.../human-fossils/species/homo-sapiens
Jan 10, 2020 · When Lived: About 300,000 years ago to present. The species that you and all other living human beings on this planet belong to is Homo sapiens. During a time of dramatic climate change 300,000 years ago, Homo sapiens evolved in Africa.
NealNealNeal

Mon 4 May, 2020 08:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I never stated how old the earth is. Science is dependent on the Scientific method. Since none of us were born when the earth was created, we don't know how old the earth is.
Setanta

Mon 4 May, 2020 09:21 pm
@NealNealNeal,
How do you know that this planet was "created?"
NealNealNeal

Mon 4 May, 2020 09:45 pm
@Setanta,
Would you prefer that I use the word "formed"? Fair enough!!! 🌞🌞🌞
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 4 May, 2020 10:17 pm
I don't have a preference, I just don't buy any of that creation bullshit.
NealNealNeal

Mon 4 May, 2020 10:53 pm
@Setanta,
It is impossible for man to have evolved from a one cell being in billions of years. It is merely speculation.
knaivete

Mon 4 May, 2020 11:38 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
Since none of us were born when the earth was created, we don't know how old the earth is.

Yes, good point.

But we can of course count back through the old testament.

And there's that new thingy from the 1940's, radiometric dating, but that's beset by inexactitude.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 5 May, 2020 06:05 am
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
It is impossible for man to have evolved from a one cell being in billions of years. It is merely speculation.
You can always make up a plausible story about what happened after the first cell.
Getting that first one is where they blow it. They ignore their own science on that one and pretend that 'With enough time, inexplicable improbabilities happen. But just give us enough time and we'll prove it.'

It’s a pretty air tight strategy.
Setanta

Tue 5 May, 2020 06:18 am
@NealNealNeal,
Bullshit.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 5 May, 2020 06:27 am
@Leadfoot,
Also bullshit--as long ago as 1970, The Scientific American published an article on chemical research which showed what we called "organic" molecules forming in tubules in montmorillonite (a phyllosilicate clay, which forms from ordinary chemical reactions). The phyllosilicate clay is a silicon atom bonding with four oxygen--after that, you need carbon and hydrogen, both readily available in the ambient environment of both fresh and salt water.

But your lame comment is an attempt to create an airtight strategy for sneering at the idea of evolution--one that fails. Evolution cannot take place until life is present, so bullshit like yours is irrelevant. The origins of life are not a part of evolutionary biology.
Leadfoot

Tue 5 May, 2020 06:30 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
The origins of life are not a part of evolutionary biology.

I said that already.
Setanta

Tue 5 May, 2020 06:35 am
@Leadfoot,
Hooray for you . . . now connect the dots.
Leadfoot

Tue 5 May, 2020 06:55 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Hooray for you . . . now connect the dots.

OK. Here's what I got.

If abiogenesis without intelligent intervention is implausible, then DNA based Lifeforms are technological artifacts demonstrating considerable skill.

Either the intellect behind it included enough deeply encoded information in its genome (which we cannot currently decode) to enable totally unique body plans to evolve virtually overnight (geologically speaking) or he/she/it took an active interest in its progression.

In either case, the intelligence of its inventor is not in question.
cicerone imposter

Tue 5 May, 2020 08:58 pm
@Leadfoot,
Nature is not intelligence. Science Newsfrom research organizations
Intelligence: More Nature Than Nurture?
Date: October 17, 2007
Source:
European College of Neuropsychopharmacology
Summary:
While showing an impressive growth prenatally, the human brain is not completed at birth. There is considerable brain growth during childhood with dynamic changes taking place in the human brain throughout life, probably for adaptation to our environments. Evidence is accumulating that brain structure is under considerable genetic influence. Around the onset of puberty gray matter volume starts to decrease, while white matter volume is still increasing. Recent findings have shown, that variation in total gray and white matter volume of the adult human brain is primarily (70--90%) genetically determined.
0 Replies