How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Frank Apisa

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 09:54 am
@neologist,
Neo...quote the passages you cited and consider as asking Christians to question their faith...and let's discuss them.

I don't see it at all.
neologist

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 10:27 am
@Frank Apisa,
We may think we know it all; but there is more:
(Proverbs 4:18) 18 But the path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established. . .

Admonition to not fly to conclusions:
(1 Thessalonians 5:21) . . .Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine. . .

(1 John 4:1) . . . Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world. . .

Proper attitude when confronted with "inspired expressions":
(Acts 17:10, 11) 10 Immediately by night the brothers sent both Paul and Silas out to Be·roe′a, and these, upon arriving, went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 Now the latter were more noble-minded than those in Thes·sa·lo·ni′ca, for they received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so. . .

(2 Corinthians 13:5) 5 Keep testing whether YOU are in the faith, keep proving what YOU yourselves are. Or do YOU not recognize that Jesus Christ is in union with YOU? Unless YOU are disapproved. . .
Frank Apisa

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 10:51 am
@neologist,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5301267)
(Proverbs 4:18) 18 But the path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established. . .

Let's do this one.

Where in there is a Christian admonished to continue testing his/her faith?
Joe Nation

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 11:09 am
@neologist,
Testing to make sure what they already believe is true isn't the same as testing the truth of what they believe.

The Catholic Church, no doubt through inspired revelation, once taught that the motion of the planets was caused by the winds made by the wings of angels.

Joe(That theory has been revised)Nation
neologist

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 11:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
Read a little further down the page
neologist

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 11:16 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:
Testing to make sure what they already believe is true isn't the same as testing the truth of what they believe.

The Catholic Church, no doubt through inspired revelation, once taught that the motion of the planets was caused by the winds made by the wings of angels.
Are you asking me to defend the Catholic Church or the Bible?The 2 are pretty much mutually exclusive.

neo(I set fire to straw men)logist
Frank Apisa

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 11:18 am
@neologist,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5301303)
Read a little further down the page

No...let's go with what you actually wrote.

You cited a passage...I read the passage.

If you meant to cite a running of several passages...do that.

Why not just cut and paste it here so we can discuss it?
neologist

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 11:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Why not just cut and paste it here so we can discuss it?
OK
Frank Apisa wrote:
neo wrote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5301267)
Let's do this one.

Where in there is a Christian admonished to continue testing his/her faith?
Didn't say that. This is a reason why one must continually test and be awake.
Does that help?
reasoning logic

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 12:03 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
This is a reason why one must continually test and be awake.

Do you think that Outrospection can help?

Have you stepped into the shoes of an atheist or agnostic lately?

Frank Apisa

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 12:05 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Didn't say that. This is a reason why one must continually test and be awake.
Does that help?

Always these silly games with you, Neo.

http://able2know.org/topic/211403-13#post-5301249

Quote:
Whereas true Christians are admonished to continue testing their faith. (Prov 4:18; 1John 5:1) Doesn't happen all that much in practice, so far as I can see. But that's not God's fault.
neologist

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 12:10 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Don't see the problem, Frank. The connection is obvious.
reasoning logic

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 12:34 pm
@neologist,
Quote:

Do you think that it is possible that our minds deceive us at times?

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 04:25 pm
@neologist,
Quote:

Like I said: With you it's always silly games.
BillRM

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 05:20 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Catholic Church or the Bible?The 2 are pretty much mutually exclusive.

!!!!!! Who do you think edit the bible together out of the materials then existing and more important kept certain "books" out of the bible??????????
neologist

Sat 13 Apr, 2013 12:13 am
@BillRM,
You obviously have only a rudimentary knowledge of history. The Catholic Church did all in its power to keep the bible out of the hands of the common people.
neologist

Sat 13 Apr, 2013 12:14 am
@Frank Apisa,
Enlighten me, Frank
neologist

Sat 13 Apr, 2013 12:21 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Have you stepped into the shoes of an atheist or agnostic lately?
I find a lot of common ground with atheists and agnostics, especially when it comes to the excesses of the church. They and I would agree (I think) with Diderot's assertion. “Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.”
Joe Nation

Sat 13 Apr, 2013 04:29 am
@neologist,
Quote:
I find a lot of common ground with atheists and agnostics, especially when it comes to the excesses of the church. They and I would agree (I think) with Diderot's assertion. “Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.”

So, given that, we can be sure you agree that we can be sure all religions are wrong.
All we have to do now is at to your quote above ',,,and the last minister, rabbi, guru, imam and all other proselytizers of any mystic and supernatural are driven into the sea."

Joe(okay. that's that. Next thread)Nation
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 13 Apr, 2013 06:45 am
@neologist,
Quote:
Enlighten me, Frank

I don't have that much time.
BillRM

Sat 13 Apr, 2013 08:17 am
@neologist,
Quote:
You obviously have only a rudimentary knowledge of history. The Catholic Church did all in its power to keep the bible out of the hands of the common people.

So? They are still the ones that put the damn book together in the first place rejection whole "books" while doing so and putting whole communities to the sword who did not go along.

The bible with special note of the new testament is their creature.
0 Replies