How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

reasoning logic

Thu 11 Apr, 2013 07:21 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
I am an opinionated intrepid self righteous sun of a...well lets say I think upon it for quite some time now...it is my main and almost solo interest in Philosophy...the remaining is just politics... Laughing

OK so you are not 100% sure but you speak as if you were? Why? What would you think of me if I spoke of atheism in the same way? Would I not be a fraud?
tenderfoot

Thu 11 Apr, 2013 07:38 pm
@imans,
How the hell did you get out the loony bin.
tenderfoot

Thu 11 Apr, 2013 07:41 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Best joke of the day.
Fil Albuquerque

Thu 11 Apr, 2013 07:47 pm
@reasoning logic,
Uh ? What is degrading in being a she..I called her a she because she claims to be a girl what else...
Fil Albuquerque

Thu 11 Apr, 2013 07:51 pm
@reasoning logic,
What do you mean about if I am sure ? Are you sure of anything you say ? Or perhaps you believe in order to have a strong opinion you have to read it somewhere, authority is that it ? As far as I saw it that is half way to fraud per se...either you understand things on your own or reading them wont make you any good, your just wasting time...
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Thu 11 Apr, 2013 07:55 pm
@tenderfoot,
I suppose any sane person after reading 3 post keeps replying Imans must be pulling her leg...if it is a joke it is the mute kind of joke where ppl keep missing the point...oh well... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Thu 11 Apr, 2013 07:57 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
When you said... Quote. "In her own way, she is trying to reach us"... Unquote.

The only thing that seems to "reach us" are fucks and **** and her concept hell and the "funny" thing is she aint got good aim.
tenderfoot

Thu 11 Apr, 2013 07:58 pm
@tenderfoot,
Or perhaps one should say " she or it".. is a bloody joke.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Thu 11 Apr, 2013 08:00 pm
@tenderfoot,
You ought to read a bit more on behavior and psychology...you have a lot of relations and bounds going on that way specially in family's...ppl ask for attention by being noise but they wont go away...so I think I know what I am talking about...
0 Replies

FBM

Thu 11 Apr, 2013 10:42 pm
@tenderfoot,
tenderfoot wrote:

How the hell did you get out the loony bin.

You can earn privileges from the inside, too.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 04:04 am
@neologist,
Perhaps you are right my friend.
0 Replies

Looking4Truth

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 05:29 am
@imans,
So imans, I understand that you deny the "god/gods" others claim to have. I understand you have no respect for others wills. I understand you don't believe the false claims others embrace. I think some could learn a thing or two from you. When it comes to "knowing", well honestly, I don't know.

Do you have a God? What do you know? What do you think? What do you understand? 3 seperate questions that should have 3 seperate answers.
BillRM

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 06:54 am
@Looking4Truth,
Quote:
I don't know.

Do you know about the tooth fairy or the giant pumpkin or Santa Clause?

Most of the modern gods the vast majority of the human race claims to be believers in are as illogical as any of the above fantasy beings with special note of that applying to the Christian god.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 07:57 am
How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

~Just my take here, I'm sure it's been said better elsewhere.

Religions depend on what they describe as sacred knowledge and the faith/belief that that knowledge is holy and unchangeable as the god who revealed it and must remain unchallenged.

When that knowledge is challenged, there arises a crisis of faith that could not happen if the sacred knowledge was, in fact, holy and unchangeable. The fact that all religions change their sacred beliefs reveals that their sacred knowledge is neither holy nor unchangeable. They are all wrong and cannot be made right unless they were to dispense with the ideas of naming anything sacred/holy and believing that to be true, but then they wouldn't be religions anymore.

Compare that to Science wherein no fact is sacred, it is only accepted for the moment as the best evidence thus far. If other evidence challenges a fact, the scientific knowledge changes and is accepted with no loss of faith because there never was any.

Joe(the number of angels on the head of pin depends on pinsize.)Nation
Ragman

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 08:28 am
@Joe Nation,
Religions (and some of the fear dynamics) often remind me of the scam of authority perpetrated by mom-parents to the tune of "Wait 'til your Dad gets home!"

In this case, the mystery and fear mongering goes further...to the tune of ..."you better be good while alive on earth or else when you die, God will send you to Hell". Fear of going to imaginary Hell ....really...REALLY? That's the best you got?
0 Replies

neologist

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 09:33 am
@Joe Nation,
Whereas true Christians are admonished to continue testing their faith. (Prov 4:18; 1John 5:1) Doesn't happen all that much in practice, so far as I can see. But that's not God's fault.
Frank Apisa

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 09:38 am
@neologist,
Quote:

Whereas true Christians are admonished to continue testing their faith. (Prov 4:18; 1John 5:1)

You are jesting here???

Quote:
Doesn't happen all that much in practice, so far as I can see. But that's not God's fault.

It is not called for...so why would you be expecting it?
Ragman

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 09:38 am
@neologist,
God has fault? What ever happened to the concept of God being a super-natural entity? How can 'He' have fault, or any human-like emotion? If He's the Creator... why anthropomorphize? What bearing do/does human emotions like faults, guilt, jealousy, and pettiness like the need to be obeyed have on such a being?
neologist

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 09:44 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
God has fault? What ever happened to the concept of God being a super-natural entity? How can 'He' have fault, or any human-like emotion? If He's the Creator... why anthropomorphize? What bearing do/does human emotions like faults, guilt, jealousy, and pettiness like the need to be obeyed have on such a being?
Did not mean to imply that God has any fault. However, it is common for some folks to declare God at fault for human misdeeds.

Fault an emotion????
0 Replies

neologist

Fri 12 Apr, 2013 09:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
"neo" wrote:
Whereas true Christians are admonished to continue testing their faith. (Prov 4:18; 1John 5:1)
You are jesting here???
Can't joke about that one, Frank
Frank Apisa wrote:
"neo" wrote:
Doesn't happen all that much in practice, so far as I can see. But that's not God's fault.
Frank Apisa wrote:
It is not called for...so why would you be expecting it?
But it is, Frank