How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Glennn

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 09:29 am
@cameronleon,
Quote:
With current laws "rewarding" the bitch . . .

Your bitch is with the lawmakers. Barking up the wrong tree just makes you look like a confused dog.
cameronleon

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 09:38 am
@Leadfoot,
You got me... damn!

0 Replies

cameronleon

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 09:44 am
@Glennn,
Quote:
So true. However, we do know for certain that vegetation will not grow without sunlight. And we do know that the biblical version of the chronological order of creation is in error since it proposes a scenario in which the Earth predates the Sun.

Hold your horses.

Vegetation can grow with indirect sunlight.

No where in the bible says the earth "precedes" the Sun.
cameronleon

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 09:48 am
@Glennn,
Quote:
Your bitch is with the lawmakers. Barking up the wrong tree just makes you look like a confused dog.

So, lawmakers, right?

No wonder Cicero call them experts on "prostitution of the word".

Justice is that bitch gets nothing unless the husband decides different and give something to her.
Glennn

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 09:53 am
@cameronleon,
Quote:
Vegetation can grow with indirect sunlight.

I said that vegetation cannot grow without sunlight.
Quote:
No where in the bible says the earth "precedes" the Sun.

Of course it does.

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Do you want me to explain to you how the above pertains to the chronological order of the Earth and Sun?
Glennn

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 09:55 am
@cameronleon,
Quote:
So, lawmakers, right?

Yes, your bitch is with lawmakers. Now, what are you going to do about them?

Also, let's talk about Balaam's ass. Did the ass ask Balaam a question?
RandyS

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 01:49 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
@cameronleon,
Sarcasm cam, the quote that I was responding to was itself a self contradicting absurdity

H.L. Mencken was correct. "The costliest of all follies is to believe passionately in the palpably not true. It is the chief occupation of mankind."

The article, Religion, I linked to, describes the four major religions (Hinduism, Budhism, Islam, and Christianity-all flavors) I have examined and illustrates their absurdity. I have examined most religions and found them equally absurd.

It may not be possibe to prove there is no God, but it's easy enough to prove all the thousands of gods men have so far invented are absurd. There is no contradiction unless you can name a religion that isn't absurd.

Randy
cicerone imposter

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 03:18 pm
@RandyS,
We humans must rely on evidence that is irrefutable for something to be believed. When any god can't be proven through any observable evidence, it seems only logical that gods are all the figment of people's imagination. They can't even describe what god looks like, and many believe man is in the image of god. Does god really need a stomach and a penis?
Here's the explanation about man being in god's image. It's about the "soul." Whatever that means.
Quote:
Having the “image” or “likeness” of God means, in the simplest terms, that we were made to resemble God. Adam did not resemble God in the sense of God’s having flesh and blood. Scripture says that “God is spirit” (John 4:24) and therefore exists without a body. However, Adam’s body did mirror the life of God insofar as it was created in perfect health and was not subject to death.

What is "spirit" or "soul?" They are only religious' descriptions of things that cannot be proven or produced. We can only know people by their acts, and not by their soul.

Besides all that, I believe what scientists concluded about homo sapiens; we evolved from the primate family of animals some 200,000 years ago.
https://www2.palomar.edu/anthro/homo2/mod_homo_4.htm
Also, I also believe that this planet is 4.6 billion years old, not 2,000 years old. From Scientific American.
Quote:
It was not until 1926, when (under the influence of Arthur Holmes, whose name recurs throughout this story) the National Academy of Sciences adopted the radiometric timescale, that we can regard the controversy as finally resolved. Critical to this resolution were improved methods of dating, which incorporated advances in mass spectrometry, sampling and laser heating. The resulting knowledge has led to the current understanding that the earth is 4.55 billion years old.
peacecrusader888

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 05:49 pm
All religions are wrong is the contention of this thread. Let us compare their beliefs with the Holy Bible why they are wrong or correct. Let start with the Seventh Day Adventist church. It has a prophetess by the name of Mrs Ellen G White.

God
Who Jesus Christ to them
Who the creator of Heaven and Earth
Baptism
Sabbath
Who the Blessed Virgin Mary is
How to be saved
(You may add later the other criteria)
reasoning logic

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 06:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
we evolved from primates (chimps) according to science.

I have understandings which are approximations of reality and science. I often find myself to be wrong at times.
From my understanding we are a little different than chimps. I would compare it to birds.
Ostriches probably did not evolve from pigeons, ducks, finches or any other bird that is in existence today but rather all birds are evolving and will continue to do so and the same thing is taking place with all life forms that do not die off.

http://humanorigins.si.edu/education/introduction-human-evolution
0 Replies

cameronleon

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 09:33 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:

I said that vegetation cannot grow without sunlight.

Hmm, you are in error again.

http://www.gardenguides.com/115469-grow-plants-artificial-lights.html

Quote:
Using artificial lights is a good way to grow plants in conditions that would otherwise provide poor natural light....

...Select a fixture that provides light over a large distance. Fluorescent lights are a great pick because they emit light over a length of 4 feet.

Select bulbs that emit light in the red and blue spectrums. Blue light promotes lush vegetative growth, while red light promotes flowering and budding. Plants use little if any light from the green and yellow spectrums....

So, direct sunlight wasn't necessary. And even more, light not from the Sun probably was hitting earth and causing vegetation to grow.

Quote:
Do you want me to explain to you how the above pertains to the chronological order of the Earth and Sun?

Yes, please.

I'll be ready with popcorn and Coke for reading your explanation.

cameronleon

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 09:37 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
Yes, your bitch is with lawmakers. Now, what are you going to do about them?

Also, let's talk about Balaam's ass. Did the ass ask Balaam a question?

There is plenty time to continue with different topics.

You have not gave your opinion of what should be the punishment for the adulterous woman, this is a case where "divorce or termination" of marriage will be asked by the husband.

But, having the wife as an adulterous woman who broke the covenant, what -according to you- should be her punishment?
0 Replies

cameronleon

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 09:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
We humans must rely on evidence that is irrefutable for something to be believed. When any god can't be proven through any observable evidence, it seems only logical that gods are all the figment of people's imagination. They can't even describe what god looks like, and many believe man is in the image of god.

Show here the evidence that time does exist physically.

Show the evidence that other universes do exist.

Show the evidence that you come from a monkey, How it happened. Can you duplicate the change? what in specific is the proof? What were the steps and why you don't see them happening today?

Evidence.
Quote:
Also, I also believe that this planet is 4.6 billion years old, not 2,000 years old.

Show the verification that the radiometric method is accurate.

What other method against the radiometric have you used for its verification?

Evidence.

No excuses, show evidence.

cameronleon

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 10:02 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
All religions are wrong is the contention of this thread. Let us compare their beliefs with the Holy Bible why they are wrong or correct. Let start with the Seventh Day Adventist church. It has a prophetess by the name of Mrs Ellen G White.

I think that the Seventh Day Adventist Church is not a "religion" but a religious denomination. The religion must be "Christian religion".

Also, I have understood that the doctrines of this religious denomination have been changing, for example, the thoughts between Ellen G White and Herbert W. Armstrong differ in some points.

On the other hand, your initiative is good, because knowing what each religious denomination has as a doctrine in referent to the points listed by you, then it will be a better revision of those denominations.

Hope at least one member of each selected religious denomination participates providing their doctrine with respect to those points.
cicerone imposter

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 10:03 pm
@cameronleon,
Quote:
Show here the evidence that time does exist physically.

If you prove your god exists with irrefutable evidence, I will answer your question(s).
cameronleon

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 11:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
OK

Evidence.

God doesn't exist physically.

Your turn.

0 Replies

Glennn

Tue 10 Oct, 2017 04:12 pm
@cameronleon,
Quote:
Hmm, you are in error again.

Well, no, actually it is you who is in error . . . again. We know that according to the Bible's version of the chronological order of creation, the Earth predates the sun and stars. So you are of the mind that the Earth was just hanging out in the frozen vacuum of space growing vegetation.

But just for fun, why don't you describe this artificial light you believe in? I won't be partaking of any soft drink because I know your answer will be anti-climactic at best.
Quote:
I'll be ready with popcorn and Coke for reading your explanation.

Sure. The quotes from the Bible I provided are in error since we know that vegetation does not grow without sunlight.
peacecrusader888

Tue 10 Oct, 2017 05:47 pm
@cameronleon,
Quote:
I think that the Seventh Day Adventist Church is not a "religion" but a religious denomination. The religion must be "Christian religion".

Also, I have understood that the doctrines of this religious denomination have been changing, for example, the thoughts between Ellen G White and Herbert W. Armstrong differ in some points.

On the other hand, your initiative is good, because knowing what each religious denomination has as a doctrine in referent to the points listed by you, then it will be a better revision of those denominations.

Hope at least one member of each selected religious denomination participates providing their doctrine with respect to those points.

Whether they are denominations or not, we should study them. The first that I thought of is the Seventh Day Adventist church. Next will be the Roman Catholic Church. The god that they worship my not be the true God. It may be Satan who is masquerading as that true God. That is why I say that:

If you were to worship a god, be sure that He is the true God.

reasoning logic

Tue 10 Oct, 2017 05:56 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
Sure. The quotes from the Bible I provided are in error since we know that vegetation does not grow without sunlight.

Artificial light and hydroponics were created first.

0 Replies

rosborne979

Wed 11 Oct, 2017 07:01 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Because if they were right they would be called Science.
0 Replies