Revenge

caprice

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 03:27 pm
There are two quotes I associate with revenge.

Live well. It is the greatest revenge.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

I've learned in life that the desire for revenge takes more from you than the satisfaction an act of revenge can give. Of course if it's something that is truly eating away at you and you feel the need for recourse will never leave, then just make them think you're going to get revenge. The mind f*ck is probably the most cruel revenge anyway, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 07:02 pm
This can become a GREAT thread if people shared stories. I'll toss in one. Lets just say its a hypothetical, eh? :wink:

I'll keep it short and sweet:

I met my girlfriend at a job I had a few years back. Everything was great. Eventually I find out that my boss is cheating on his wife with a a coworker of mine. Not my business, so I left it alone.

Although, it DID bother me when his wife would come to the job, and the mistress would have no problems engaging in nice conversations with her. All the other workers knew it too, and seeing our bosses f*ck buddy so comfortable with the woman who's husband she was sleeping with was just king of skeevy. (The wife had no idea the affair was going on, btw).

So, eventually I decided I wanted to move on with my life and work somewhere else. I told the boss, and he was kind of pissed, since he had big plans for me in the business. We had become pretty cool with one another, but I had to take care of my own life.

Here comes the f*cked up part:
After I leave, this prick takes my girlfriend out to lunch (no big deal), then proceeds to say all kinds of crap about me, how I'm not right for her, how she could do better with someone else and (this is the clincher) how she should meet with one of his friends, who he thinks would be perfect for her! Shocked

Of course, she immediately tells me what he did and I flip my lid. But as the saying says "Revenge is a dish best served cold", I patiently wait a good amount of time (enough), do a little research to see if he's still cheating on his wife, turns out he was. I find his home address, have a dozen roses sent to the house with a note asking forgiveness and promising a change of behavior...only the woman its labeled for is the mistress.

Long story short, she divorced him and took him to the cleaners financially.

He shouldn't have been cheating in the first place... Twisted Evil
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 02:18 am
Yikes!!!

The best revenge story I read was Heeven's. I busted a gut on that one. Very Happy

Heeven's story
0 Replies

beebo

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 08:09 pm
Heywood, tell me how you felt. I have an............enemy, with similar dirt on her. I have considered doing something similar. Just apprehensive about feeling guilty afterward.

Best revenge story. Friend of mine- propositioned my husband one month before we got married. She was in the wedding. I was crazed- but kept my cool. We met in college- same major. I had a job and she had done a short internship with me so I had written her a letter of recommendation (the internship and letter happened before she offered to give my future husband the best oral sex he ever had). I called her and told her that if anyone asked me for a reference I would tell them what kind of a person she really was. She had already mailed out applications and no one ever called me- I don't know if that was luck on her part or what she did about it. But I know she was more than freaked.

Oh- middle school- this stuck up bitch- my sister took a maxi pad & put ketsup on it an stuck it on her back - she walked up 4 flights of stairs before anyone noticed.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 08:18 pm
revenge is a dish best served up Cold...still to this day ?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 10:19 am
one takes revenge on one's self.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 11:41 am
yes they do bogowo
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 12:18 pm
and i deserve it! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 12:24 pm
oh my god i have been bogowoed
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 12:36 pm
no, actually we've been 'done' by the 'head' hamster!

(reports of my omniscience have been somewhat exagerated)
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 12:40 pm
Hampsted again for the first time...
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 12:40 pm
looks like my life here is fun 2
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 12:41 pm
or fundamentwowillubmibabieeeee
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 01:05 pm
Algis;
don't look now but i think a hamster has taken over your keyboard! Shocked

and, of course, the big question now is:

"what shall we plan as REVENGE, when this hamster 'thing' has flagged?"
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 01:31 pm
When you hear themusic you just can't sit still
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 01:37 pm
I don,t care where i am, all i know is, that if i need any thing else, i don't care or need to gobeyond my backyard becauseeverything i want is just here in kansus...
0 Replies

ConstantlyQuestioning

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 08:45 am
There is a fine line between revenge and justice. Evil, unethical acts cannot go unanswered, but one shouldn't obsess over the idea of getting even. Some here have asserted a kharmic belief in that what you send out you get back, to which I agree to a point. Where does the "you get back" part come from? If a criminal commits a negative act against you, by the defintion of kharm that criminal has a negative act destined for him. So who is to say that you (as the victim of his act) are not the instrument of that negative kharma?

If you're wronged, then seek justice; but don't let the negativity of the act merge with a desire to do harm to taint what might otherwise be a good soul. Living well and happily is often the best revenge.
0 Replies