Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 11:22 am
the other day i recieved a message from the police. They stated that my car was had no insurance and there fore cant be parked on the side of the road of my house. They gave me a warn to move it off the road.
So i had it moved by flatbed to my house and the poice show up 15 minutes later and were asking me how i got the car home, i explained that i got it home on a flatbed. The officer claimed that someone saw me drive it home, and that its impossible i got it here on a flatbed. So the officer issued me a ticket for my car with no insurance being parked on the side of the road. So first they phone to give me warning to move it, then he issues me a ticket for something they warned me about. Can this be disputed
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 882 • Replies: 2
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 11:44 am
@Chris112291,
It probably can be disputed but you're going to need your towing receipt and the tow truck driver as a witness. Other then that, it's your word vs the police officers.

My other advice is to move from that crappy town. Clearly your town's police have nothing better to do then to rake up dirt (and income) for the town's coffers. So? Are they randomly checking all cars for proof of insurance? Or does your car have an expired license plate (some other infraction you haven't mentioned before).
0 Replies

KevinRoy220

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2013 03:18 am
@Chris112291,
Yes this can be disputed.Pray you have a good-natured cop. Contrary to popular belief, law enforcement officers do not have to give you a ticket. They sometimes look the other way, but it is rare.
0 Replies