edteach

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 07:03 am
I am widowed and live alone in Florida and have to maintain my home as much as I can myself. I am not even sure I have a problem yet. I think the time was off on my system because it was running at an odd time. It is most likely do to a couple of years of the power going out. I have two softener tanks that I have to maintain, and one take I put bleach in that I think gets added to the aireator. I put salt and bleach in once a month. The two softeners are set to run from the Rainsoft maintenance book about two hours apart. I set them to run at 8 in the morning and 10 in the morning. My bedroom is the wall where the pumps run and it keeps me up when they cycle if I have them set too late. I found a snake skin in the dial settings but it did not seem to be clogged in the gears. I just pulled it out, about 8 inches long. Yuck. I also reset the time of day dial as it was off. So I set two dials, the time of backwash or cleaning and the time of day. It was of several hours. If anyone could help me understand the system better so I can maintain it myself as much as possible I would really appreciate it. Thank you all in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,715 • Replies: 2
No top replies

edteach

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 07:58 am
@edteach,
I did some photos of the system. I also found that the bleach tank that injects bleach into the aireator as it pumps was not pumping and gaining water from me adding bleach. I took off the hose and put a bit of water in it and its pumping in sperts like a heart. I think it went dry. Here are some photos of the system. Any help appreciated.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2w20phj.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/21j3kua.jpg
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 10:58 am
@edteach,
Are the timers keeping time?

Also, the harsh Florida sun tends to cook the rubber O rings on the brine and chem feed lines rather quickly... it can also make the plastic lines brittle enough
to crack. Check for cracks in the small plastic lines, consider having the O rings serviced and think about shading the entire system.

I hope that helps.
0 Replies