My earphones are making a static noise

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2013 06:06 pm
So I just got a new pair of earphones, they're the kind with wood in the back that's supposed to have better bass. Anyway, the first day I had them they were fine, but at the end of school the second day I plug them in and one side was making a static noise and it shocked the inside of my ear. I thought maybe my clothes were causing this to happen (seeing as this is a normal thing). So I take my iPod out of my pocket and nothing changed. Its been about 3 days and it hasn't got any better. Sometimes it depends on the song, slow songs have less static and rock or faster songs can be so bad I have to take that earphone out to keep from being shocked. Now the other one has started faintly making static songs. Why is this happening? And is there a way to fix it? Thanks Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,476 • Replies: 1
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2013 06:15 pm
@CheyannaCookie,
I had the same problem with an MP3 amplifier. What worked in that case was a replacement input cable. That cable cost more than I would have ever expected, but it was $10.00, anyway. I'm not sure this is your problem. If it is, I hope it is replaceable.

If you've got an expensive set, you might just return them as defective.
0 Replies