Forever Knight

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 02:11 pm
Does anyone remember this show from the late '80s, early '90s? It was Canadian, so I don't expect much response from the 'Mericans. Filmed right here in Tarana, it chronichled the adventures of vampire cop Nicholas Knight, and followed his quest to become mortal and regain his soul. Sound familiar? Sounds like the blueprint for Angel....anyway, I was addicted to this show, and even though it's cheesy-looking watching it in reruns, I can't help but enjoy it as a guilty pleasure. For it's day, it wasn't bad. The problem is, Canadian TV drama hasn't changed much since in terms of quality. Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 845 • Replies: 5
No top replies

caprice

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 02:29 pm
Yup. I used to watch it. They used to run it here late at night.

And yeah, Canadian t.v. productions (except news, news based and documentaries) kinda bite although someone was saying that Corner Gas is good. (Was that you?)

There is a show I watch called "Sue Thomas: F.B. Eye" which I do enjoy, except it's a bit high on the cheese factor. (Put it this way, I don't get too bothered if I miss an episode.) When I first watched it, so much of it screamed "Canadian production", but it's about a deaf woman as an FBI agent and I thought "surely they're not peddling a Canadian show with an American theme". I just looked it up via CTV's web site and sure enough it IS a Canadian production. Maybe they're trying to appeal to American audiences too, who knows? I do give kudos to the producers for using an actress who is actually deaf. If they got rid of, or at least toned down the idiocy/arrogance/annoyance factor of one of the characters, it would be an alright show.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 09:30 pm
Canadian dramas.........dogooders or historical epics. BTW I loved the show too.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 10:02 pm
my husband LOVED/S that show. He's got a gazillion episodes taped (please don't turn him in) and I try to get out of watching them....but....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 08:07 am
Heh, I particularily liked the Lacroix character, evil, but complex, and he had that cool creepy radio show.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 07:33 am
I've caught a few of the episodes on the satellite/cable systems they have over here. Actually, I enjoyed the show quite a lot, but kept on wondering how he kept out of having to testify in court during daylight hours.
0 Replies