Law and Order conventions

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 12:10 pm
I love all the Law and Order series, but I have noticed over the years that the "unmedicated schizophrenic" has become a real convention as the killer, in all the series. I can't even number the times they have used this. My guess is that the bulk of murders commited in New York are not actually done by unmedicated schizophrenics, but Law and Order would have you believe that it is quite common. For the Law and Order fans, what are your favourite conventions in the series?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,129 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 12:18 pm
cav- I worked with schizophrenics for many years, and very few would have the wherewithal, or the ability to orchestrate a murder. The only exception would be a paranoid schizophrenic, who has command hallucintions- voices that tell him to do something.

In those rare cases, when a schizophrenic HAS murdered, it is usually because he thought that HE was in danger, and killed in "self-defense". Law & Order has milked that convention, literally, to death.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 12:28 pm
I agree there completely, Phoenix. It's like they have run out of ideas for plots. I catered for real-life detectives who said they just couldn't watch ANY cop show, as all of them seem silly and not true to life in the least.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 10:01 am
Hey, Cav. I like Law and Order, Special Victims Unit. The acting is good, I think. Another TV show that I find really good is TouchingEvil.

And I love Monk

Phoenix is so right about the paranoid. I do wonder what causes people to do the sniper thing. Wish those type things weren't true to life.
0 Replies