Can dogs go to heaven?

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 11:48 pm
One day, when we were 10 years old or so, a stray dog began walking along with us, as we got near the church . He looked very thin and hungry. We stopped and petted him, scratched his back. "It's too bad dogs can't go to heaven. Why can't they" said my friend Jacob. I said "You gotta be baptized to go to heaven. We ought to baptize him. He deserves a chance to go to heaven". I picked him up and we walked into the church. We took him to the bowl of holy water and I held him there as my friend sprinkled the water on his forehead. "I hereby baptize you" said my friend. We took him outside and put him back on the sidewalk again. "He even looks different" I said. The dog lost interest and walked off down the sidewalk.

Will he go to heaven?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 5,881 • Replies: 20

fresco

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 01:42 am
@cicibebe,
They can try ! Hence the expression "dog in the manger" ? Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 05:12 am
According to Revelations, the answer is no. In the King James version, Revelations Chapter 22, verses 14 and 15:

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 05:24 am
@cicibebe,
I definitely saw a film where dogs totally went to heaven, but apparently only the good ones

cats, not a chance in hell
0 Replies

timur

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 05:36 am
Smileyrius wrote:
cats, not a chance in hell

On the contrary, they have all their chances there..
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 07:40 am
The prophet Isaiah says God will include animals in the new heavens and new earth:

"The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, says the LORD." (Isaiah 65: 25, NIV)

In the last book of the Bible, Revelation, the Apostle John’s vision of heaven also included animals, showing Christ and the armies of heaven "riding on white horses." (Revelation 19:14, NIV)

While theologians may be stubborn in classifying animals' "souls" as inferior to those of humans, those learned scholars must admit that descriptions of heaven in the Bible are sketchy at best. The Bible does not give a definitive answer on the question of whether we will see our pets in heaven, but it does say, "... with God, all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26)

I like the story about the elderly widow whose beloved little dog died after fifteen faithful years. Distraught, she went to her pastor.

"Parson," she said, tears streaming down her cheeks, "the vicar said animals have no souls. My darling little dog Fluffy has died. Does that mean I won’t see her again in heaven?"

"Madam," said the old priest, "God, in his great love and wisdom has created heaven to be a place of perfect happiness. I am sure that if you need your little dog to complete your happiness, you will find her there."

Of course, you don't want to think about all this too deeply, or you may come to certain rather disturbing conclusions, ultimately resulting in atheism.
fresco

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 08:05 am
@cicibebe,
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/799/angelanddevilsnowy.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
0 Replies

Brother James

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 01:04 pm
@cicibebe,
Yes, that dog went to "heaven". Every animal has a Soul, and at death, part of the process of death is to pass through what is called "heaven". This is the same area of the Astral region [Eastern mysticism] where all Souls evaluate how well they did working through the Fate Karma they designed to work through, and designed a new Fate Karma for their next lifetimes. The principle is called Reincarnation, and with the Law of Karma, these two elements of Life represent the plan of God for Creation.
Peace
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 02:30 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
"Madam," said the old priest, "God, in his great love and wisdom has created heaven to be a place of perfect happiness. I am sure that if you need your little dog to complete your happiness, you will find her there."

Of course, you don't want to think about all this too deeply, or you may come to certain rather disturbing conclusions, ultimately resulting in atheism.

Yes, heaven is something of a paradox, isn't it? Twisted Evil

Suppose Madam required the presence of her husband, an unrepentant sinner, in heaven, in order to complete her perfect happiness. What if she earned her "perfect happiness" in heaven, but he didn't earn a ticket? Would she find him there or not?
0 Replies

Wildflower

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 03:27 pm
@cicibebe,
Heaven is described as the new Garden of Eden. And what is a garden without animals (the other garden had plenty of them)? Of course, on the other hand, dogs aren't exactly God's creatures. They were bred from wolves, so I don't know.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 05:20 pm
@Wildflower,
Hey, hey! What you got against wolves? You saying they're not god's creatures?
contrex

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 03:08 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Logically, so are slugs, toads, bacteria, viruses (perhaps?), poisonous snakes, and crocodiles. Are they in Heaven?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 03:14 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Lustig Andrei wrote:

Logically, so are slugs, toads, bacteria, viruses (perhaps?), poisonous snakes, and crocodiles. Are they in Heaven?

Yeh, but wolves are, like, so cool.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 11:26 pm
It, obviously, depends upon one's notion of Heaven.

If Heaven is a place for unconditionally loving souls than surely it has room for the most unconditionally loving beings on earth...dogs of all ages and infant humans.

When one of my dogs died, my Vet sent me a sympathy card attempting to reassure me that I would meet my faithful friend again in Heaven.

If there is such a Heaven I will want to meet him again as much as anyone else I have lost.

Despite what many will argue, there is no firm set of rules, of which we humans, are aware concerning who among God's creatures get to go to Heaven.

If someone tells you a dog cannot pass the Pearly Gates, he or she is pissing in the wind.

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 05:06 am
@cicibebe,
I believe that animals are in Heaven with us...I am not sure an animal would require a baptism...Not even sure an infant being baptized with water does this either...I think it is just a symbolic notion...I think once you reach the age of reasoning, the single second you turn your life to Jesus, and chose to embrace him as God...And follow him...Is the moment you are actually baptized by the spirit...And are saved...I think it is written in the bible to be purified by water, because it is a symbolic acknowledgment...And does not hurt in the eyes of God....but a baptism would be a life devotion to God...water can't do anything...but faith in God can...as in a spiritual baptism...And when people say repent and be baptized in the name of God...I think they mean totally turn away from sin and embrace God....And when they do...they are baptized...I do not think it means they must have holy water placed on their forehead....

And the reasons I say these things is because an infant in not even capable of understanding a baptism, so I can not see why Gods definition of a baptism would be the way many people think it is....If anything, some Christian churches have it correct (in my views) of having an adult baptism....

But I think God has revealed to me, that an adult baptism is not even necessary...For when I was converted I asked God about this...And he told me No, do not do so...for the day you were converted, is the day you were baptized, and the day I confirmed you myself...

I can't see a reason why an animal would not be in Heaven with people...

And if one is never baptized, as in does not know what it is...I can't see a reason why God would not give them a chance and do just things with them as well...

And as for people who are sick, and do not know any better, they are already in...

"Blessed are the sick, for the kingdom of Heaven is theirs"

I don't think anyone will ever fall...But even if people do...I don't think animals are held to the standards humans are...For even if in Heaven, they won't be seen as equal to humans...

That is why God said humans are the greatest creation...

For our free will impacts our journey to the afterlife, and determines who we will be...

All others will be there...Animals, Angels...etc...but they will not be as great in Gods eyes as we will be....

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 05:26 am
And I reject notions of babies who are not baptized, or die young are in purgatory....I think if it exists it is a place for souls between both realms...Where all will make it as well...

Infants do not understand free will, or faith...How could they be anywhere but with God if they die young?

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2013 06:13 am
Happy Easter!!!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2013 09:51 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Good for you!

You must be the first person who has ever expressed such a thought.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 10:55 am
@cicibebe,
Baptism involves more than a shower. Smile Have to be making a decision to obey God's laws for instance.

Unfortunately, consensus among Jewish sages is animals, even our beloved pet dogs do not go to Heaven. For a more involved answer can read this, though the very last sentence is the actual answer.

http://www.aish.com/atr/Animal_Souls.html
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 11:02 am
@cicibebe,
The dog would have to accept Jesus as his personal savior, just like anyone else.
0 Replies