The Gun Fight in Washington. Your opinons?

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 12:56 pm
@H2O MAN,
You are the one who posted that delightful post and picture. I thank you for it...and I am sure Parados does also.

It was a classic screw-up.

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 01:20 pm
http://a57.foxnews.com/www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/0/0/GUNCHECKCOMPROMISE_20130410_120843.jpg

"Expanding background checks at gun shows will not prevent the next shooting, will not solve violent crime and will not keep our kids safe in schools," the NRA said. "We need a serious and meaningful solution that addresses crime in cities like Chicago, addresses mental health deficiencies, while at the same time protecting the rights of those of us who are not a danger to anyone."

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 01:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,

Obama is a classic screw-up... I and others thank you for pointing that out.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 01:37 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Obama is a classic screw-up... I and others thank you for pointing that out.

Lame, H2O...but what we've come to expect of you.

The classic screw-up I mentioned was YOUR screw-up...and I thank you for giving me the opportunity to mention it again.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 01:58 pm
The Senate is at it again – going for your guns:

"A bipartisan group of senators has struck a deal to expand gun background checks to all commercial sales — whether at gun shows, via the Internet or in any circumstance involving paid advertising, according to Senate aides familiar with the talks. The law would not cover private transactions between individuals, unless there was advertising or an online service involved."

But this isn’t the worst of it:

"The agreement should secure enough bipartisan support to allow the Senate to launch debate on an overarching bill that would expand background checks, make gun trafficking a federal crime for the first time and bolster federal funding for school security plans."

“Advertising or online service involved” is a very telling phrase. This means if you place an ad on Craigslist or through an online gun broker, you are required to run a background check on any buyer. It’s this kind of “guilty until proven innocent” mentality that has Americans skeptical of any gun legislation being considered by Congress.

The Senate is planning on voting for cloture tomorrow, and the bill appears to have a lot of Republican support, including bill cosponsors Senator Mark Kirk (R-IL) and Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA).
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 03:02 pm

You can't stop Insane People, from doing Insane things, by making Insane laws.....That's Insane!!!

Penn & Teller
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 05:56 pm
I must admit that I haven't been closely following the gun control debate in the last week or so. Am I correct in assuming that there will be one last-gasp effort by a handful of Repubs tomorrow to filibuster the legislation in the Senate?
The pro-gun rights people continue to argue that the bill accomplishes nothing.
Meanwhile the NRA has gone strangely silent. Their talk about the power that they wield has turned out to be mostly bluster.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 06:38 pm
@realjohnboy,

Liberals are ripping the US constitution to shreds and you haven't been following their progress closely Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 06:45 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
I must admit that I haven't been closely following the gun control debate in the last week or so. Am I correct in assuming that there will be one last-gasp effort by a handful of Repubs tomorrow to filibuster the legislation in the Senate?

Yes and no. There may well be a last attempt at filibuster before this comes to the floor tomorrow.

But if so, that will not be the last attempt to filibuster. It will only be the last attempt to filibuster before debate and amendments.

There will be a major filibuster effort after debate and amendments have concluded, before the final bill comes to a vote.

And then there is the small matter of the Republican-controlled House of Representatives. Good luck getting them to pass it.

realjohnboy wrote:
The pro-gun rights people continue to argue that the bill accomplishes nothing.

Actually, I argue that the bill is an outrageous attempt to violate the US Constitution. I hope that politicians end up being voted out of office for even being willing to contemplate this monstrosity.

realjohnboy wrote:
Meanwhile the NRA has gone strangely silent.

Not really.

realjohnboy wrote:
Their talk about the power that they wield has turned out to be mostly bluster.

We've blocked the ban on assault weapons.

We've blocked universal background checks.

I'm pretty sure we've blocked the ban on large magazines, although now and then someone on the left says they think it still has a chance. We'll see. If it's still alive, we'll keep fighting it.

We're putting up a vigorous fight against the outrageous attempt to expand background checks to guns shows and internet sales and to implement an illicit gun registration scheme.
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 07:37 pm
@oralloy,
Thank you, oralloy. I wasn't kidding about being a bit out of the loop on the procedure to be followed in the senate in the next week or two. I suspect that there are more than a few members of Congress - either for or against gun control - who would prefer not to have to vote!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 06:15 am
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130409192640-paul-pro-gun-t-shirt-story-top.jpg
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 07:35 am
@H2O MAN,
Meanwhile back in reality the murder rate in Chicago is down about 69% this March compared to last March and it didn't take more guns.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 07:55 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Meanwhile back in reality the murder rate in Chicago is down about 69% this March compared to last March and it didn't take more guns.

What fantasy land are you living in ?

Wed April 10, 2013
As the president visits Chicago on Friday, he will talk with a city that's bucking crime trends.
Nationally, homicides are on the decline, but not in Chicago.
Some 506 people were murdered last year, according to local crime statistics, up from 433 in 2011.
January already set a bloody record, with some 43 people killed.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 08:25 am
That's the facts. Parados is living in reality, H2O. You should try it some time.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 09:20 am
2012 murder rate in Chicago down 42% from 2012, due to heavy-duty police push against gangs. All the NRA has accomplished is to put MORE guns in the hands of gangs. Thanks a lot, NRA.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 09:25 am
@MontereyJack,
watersquirt was drowned early in life, and his brain doesn't function normally.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 02:54 pm

The three of you libtard stooges are always good for a laugh.

We don't have a gun problem, we have a gunshot surviveability problem
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 03:04 pm
@H2O MAN,
Being a "libtard" is much better than a brain dead moron (from drowning) who believes they have anything of interest to post on a worldwide forum. Mr. Green

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 03:26 pm
Make that 4 stooges.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 03:29 pm

Ashley Judd should never be allowed to own a firearm.
0 Replies