the most annoying commercials of all time...

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 10:49 pm
My love-to-hate commercial is any MCDonald's commercial or any car commercial that has no point, it just shows cars driving around for 28 seconds and then the company logo. But the worst has got to be the CLR commercial! ("In my family, everyone works hard to keep things running smoothly. but nobody works as hard as CLR! I use it to tidy up the bathroom before everyone is off for the day! And later, I use it on the tub and showerhead. It quickly and easily gets rid of those hard-water stains. When the kids come home from school, they fix a snack...and no one knows the sticky mess they made. (effortlessly cleans mess) Tonight, dad's making his family spagetti sauce...(zoom in on mess on counter) but no problem. (Effortlessly cleans mess) CLR is great!" "At participating.....(list of stores)") I don't know if this one shows in the US, but I am in Alberta and they show it here 24/7!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,808 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Shell04

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 11:36 pm
I see that commercial on a few times a day. Shower head like new, unsightly bathtub rust.. blah blah... I just think yeah right! As if cleaning could ever be that easy Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 01:58 am
I hate any commercial where some loudmouth pitchman/woman is screaming at me. The minute I hear any thing like that I turn the channel be it radio or tv.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 06:01 am
I have mentioned this before, but I think that it bears repeating:

http://www.baycityplywood.com/
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 09:38 am
I've mentioned this one before as well but those 'Girls Gone Wild" commercials just make me want to put my foot thru the set. Was assaulted by a new version just the other night. Now they're featuring a whole lot of girl-on-girl action. Can you imagine your daughter showing up on one of these commercials?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 11:40 am
Eoe, I agree.

Phoenix, that is positively awful. I hate it to.
0 Replies

unluckystar

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 05:06 pm
Ceili wrote:
I hate any commercial where some loudmouth pitchman/woman is screaming at me. The minute I hear any thing like that I turn the channel be it radio or tv.

no kidding! and the thing that makes it worse...the cheesy elevator music!! it makes me want to scream!!
0 Replies